This unfortunately is going to be a failure post

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

This unfortunately is going to be a failure post

Postby Starloser63 » March 23rd, 2004, 8:42 am

Hello everyone,

I am posting to fess up. I have had a horrible week. I went off plan and I gained 8 pounds (is that really possible?) Any hoot, I learned a lot about Medifast and myself while I was flagging along. Now I am back at Medifast 100% and plan to stay there. I want this weight gone as fast as possible! I am doing the complete fast and I am going to make this the last time I begin again. I am glad you all are here and I am sorry I didn't ask for help last week when I needed it, but it was something I felt I needed to do myself. I am back today! And I am ready to go. Saying a prayer for all of us towards our success!

Hugs,
Susan
Through Christ all things all possible.
Susan F
246/216/150
3/23/04 2nd x
First Goal 199
Starloser63
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby TamiL » March 23rd, 2004, 8:54 am

Susan
I remember a few weeks ago when I ate a few boxes of Bars in ONE SITTING!! I binged and felt horrible...almost wanted to just say "well I blew it...so what next" and wanted to get in my car and hit the nearest store for sugar and junk food...but I didnt...I came here..and I posted and "confessed" to everyone about what I had done..and I felt much better!! the hardest thing about going off the plan...is getting back on and FORGIVING YOURSELF...the guilt is what gets ya! BUT dont let it...wipe the slate clean...Today is a new day..brand new, and its ALL YOURS to start over again.
I think most of us here on this forum know what it is like take a few steps back instead of forward...weather it be on medifast or in the past on countless weight loss programs we have all tried...the key I learned is that YOU GOTTA GET RIGHT BACK UP AFTER A FALL..and start again, it is when we let the guilt get us...that we begin to procrastinate..and start listening to the evil voices in our heads that say "well you already blew it..so just eat some more and start again next week"....those voices are whats gotten us here to begin with...so overweight that we got caught up in a vicious cycle of depression..eat more..get more depressed...and so on...

Im so proud of you susan...your back...your brave...and YOU WILL SUCCEED!!! we are here for you every step of the way!!! :toast:
heres to shakin our way to our GOALS!

Tami
ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU BELEIVE!!!

Medifast RESTART 13 March 09
150/my goal weight is 130
TamiL
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Starloser63 » March 23rd, 2004, 9:03 am

Thanks Tami,

Your posts are always so kind and supportive. I am back and I am not going to start again. I have learned from my last few days of research that I am not teaching myself how to deal with things if I keep falling of the wagon. So I made a vow to myself and God that this is it. I will not fall off this time. I have to retrain my mind or I will never get out of the fat brain even when I reach my goal!

So here I go and I am not looking back! I'll tell you what the good Lord has blessed me with the best doc in the whole world! I am going to stick with him and follow his advice. He is not a medifast doc, but after I went to him he did his own research on the product so to help me better. He really wants me to get the weight off. He is a gem.

Thanks again Tami, I am glad your in this group.

God Bless you,
Susan
Susan F
246/216/150
3/23/04 2nd x
First Goal 199
Starloser63

Postby Jeanette » March 23rd, 2004, 11:22 am

Susan:

How cool that you have a great doctor!

You can do this! You know what to do....just do it.
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby pinkgeek » March 23rd, 2004, 12:50 pm

Hi Susan

I am pretty new here (and only in my 3rd day of Medifast). I understand the problems you are going through, though. It's difficult to get started and probably worse to start again than it is the first time. I walked by a bag of Cheez-Its I dunno how many times yesterday...but I kept walking. On the night of day 1, my husband brings home a bag of Taco Bell (skinny booger that he is) and even though I don't like Taco Bell, something tells me I could have woofed down a few tacos :) Last night, not only did I drive him to a fast food restaurant, I also sat next to him while he ate it. I "enjoyed" a shake during all of this. I guess my point is, there is always going to be temptation around us. Everytime I turn on the TV or radio, there is a commercial about some yummy thing or other and my co-worker started telling me about some sinful dessert (another skinny booger) that he had at lunch. I told him I don't want to think about food and he kindly changed the subject. Plus this skinny booger co-worker eats all day, like a garbage truck and he's just skinny skinny. I digress...I kept thinking...one lil Cheez-It isn't going to wreck the whole diet or maybe a sip of this or that won't hurt, but it will. Even if it doesn't mess up my balance (which it probably would), it is still the first bite, just like Mike and Jeanette say. The reason I didn't eat the Cheez-It is because that first day was HE** and I don't want to go through that again. Also, I have tried so many things, this is the last ditch effort. If this doesn't work, I don't have anything else to turn to. I can't face the disappointment again and also letting my husband down because I always get his hopes up with each new diet I start only to let him and MYSELF down. This time I want it to be different. This time I have something to PROVE. With all of your support and encouragement, I think I can do this. I feel silly saying this since I am very new, but we are here for you. I really appreciate all the support and feedback I have gotten so far and know that it is priceless, and I wanted to share that with someone else. Hang in there....I am feeling much better on day 3 than I was on day 1 and feel a little more resolved than I did a few days ago. Hopefully you do, too. Shake on!

~Angela
~Angela

Start date: 3/21/04
195.5/159.5/115
After a week off: Restart 6/7/04
164/154.4/115
pinkgeek
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Postby Starloser63 » March 23rd, 2004, 1:19 pm

Hi Angela,

Thank you, I know I can tell you from my own poor experiance that you did the right thing walking by the cheez-its. It is a slippery slope and I finally have gotten over it. I like you know this is it. My family is counting on me and are happy that I have made the little progress I have made. Now I am going to really show them progress. I am in a different frame of mind now and I am going to get rid of my "FAT BRAIN", never to see it again. I don't want to succeed only to gain it back, that would be horrible. So I am off to "brain training". Add the rest is going to be special rewards for my new brain. I am hoping you never ever go through what I have been going through. So in a sense I am as new as you and I am making it through day one great! Addie and I go outside and walk then play, who has time to think of food. In the evening I am going to work on the "fat brain" and my spirit. I need God's help to get through this I can not do it alone.

I am glad your on the board, and thank you again for your wisdom at such a early stage in the game.

Hugs and God Bless you!
Susan
Susan F
246/216/150
3/23/04 2nd x
First Goal 199
Starloser63

Postby Carrie » March 23rd, 2004, 1:36 pm

Progress is progress Susan.

You had a few bad days, but here you are, re-committed. I truly believe that's the key to success. We may take a few steps forward and then stumble and take one backwards, but we have still made progress. You'll make it ..... even if you and I have to push/pull/drag/cattle prod each other over 'the finish line'

:pet:

Carrie
Now: 2/5/07: 233.6/220.0/145
1st time: 3/1/04, from 266.5 to 195.4
Carrie
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Landylue » March 23rd, 2004, 1:36 pm

Aren't Tami's posts incredible! She really has a way with words.

Regarding one little cheez-it won't hurt, though, it just depends. Man-oh-man, I've got TWO stories for that one:

One time at Weight Watchers after losing around 8 lbs, the instructor told us that we all should reward ourselves at the end of the day with one Hershey Kiss. Excellent idea, I thought! One won't hurt. Well, I bought a bag on the way home and had my one Kiss for a reward, and the other half of the bag just because it tasted so amazingly good. I was so DISGUSTED with myself! It was all downhill from there, and I never went back to Weight Wathers.

An Optifast friend of mine had lost over 80 lbs when Thanksgiving rolled around. She just wanted to taste the dressing she was stuffing into the turkey to see if she had gotten the right amount of sage. She measured out 1/2 tsp--and wound up eating half the mixing bowl of dressing, and never was able to get back on the full fast.

It happens just like that--just that fast.

So, like I said, it just depends. With people like me, and my friend, it's all or nothing. One small crack, one bite, and it's all over. Have you ever known a down-and-out alcoholic to be able to have one little glass of wine and call it quits? It's our addiction, ladies.

Why take the chance?

Landylue
Failure is NOT an option!
Landylue
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Starloser63 » March 23rd, 2004, 2:34 pm

That is exactly right Landylue. I learned that the hard way. I would recommend walking by anything if it wasn't on your program. I never went beserk until this last week and I am telling you it matters.

Yes I have lost some, but where could I have been. This is it for me. I am not looking back or even sideways. Straight ahead to my goal that is it. One direction. I am not beating myself up over this. I have accepted what I have done as poor choices and now I have a new path, it is much straighter and will be easier to follow.

I do love Tami's posts! Reading them has been great, but oh when one comes directed at you... well, it's special.
Take care everyone and I will be on that train with all of you

Hugs,
Susan
Susan F
246/216/150
3/23/04 2nd x
First Goal 199
Starloser63

Postby Landylue » March 23rd, 2004, 3:51 pm

Remember that scene from The Wizard of Oz where Dorothy, Scarecrow, Tinman, and the Cowardly Lion are all linked arm-in-arm walking/dancing down the yellow brick road? Well, that's how I envision all of us--linked arm-in-arm walking down a path, albeit a very
W I D E path, on our way to Oz (Thinville). Today, Susan might stumble, but we're all there to hold her up. Tomorrow might be my turn to take a tumble, but Susan and the rest of you will still be there--never missing a step--never letting go.

Kind of gives you a good feeling, doesn't it.

There's no place like this support group, guys.

Landylue
Failure is NOT an option!
Landylue
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Return to The Weight Room