A failure....

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

A failure....

Postby summergirl » April 16th, 2008, 7:55 pm

I'm feeling so awful. I just hate to admit this, but I've fallen off the wagon a bit. I got some "healthier" snack food for my family. (No trans fat, no preservatives, organic, etc...) and broke down and had a cookie day before yesterday and again today. Just to keep things even, apparently...I ended up eating a piece of chocolate yesterday! I'm in PMS mode, which is ironic because I never "thought I had cravings", although eating crap food on a daily basis would make it hard to crave it, when you eat it all the time anyway...

So, I am feeling bad. I think another part of my problem was that I was at the bottom of the barrel with my MF food. I was patiently waiting for my second shipment and was perilously close to being out of food and the ones I had, I don't like. So, there were a few meals I didn't fit in, because I couldn't stand the thought of gagging them down. My food came yesterday and I was feeling much better about it. The box of candy is in the garbage as we speak. I don't want to tempt myself...

I'm just looking for advice. I feel guilty and just horrible about going off plan at all. I'm a rule follower and can't believe I strayed...

Thanks for reading/helping!

Summer :cry:
summergirl
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby katieb920 » April 17th, 2008, 4:00 am

Girl people make mistakes. You already did the best thing throwing the candy away. You can do it. Were here for you. When you feel down go into the studio pictures and look at the people that have lost weight. That really helps me sometimes. You so can do this. :hug:
Ps One shake at a time
Katie
katieb920
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby DogMa » April 17th, 2008, 8:04 am

Forgive yourself and move on, and try to plan better next time (i.e. don't let yourself get so low on food; you're MUCH more likely to stray if you're hungry or not happy with the meals you have available).

And give yourself some credit for tossing the rest instead of finishing it off! And for coming back instead of giving up after one cheat (which many people do).

What would you say to someone else here who did the same thing? Would you tell her she should be ashamed and feel guilty? Or that she should accept what happened and just move on with the program? Try to treat yourself at LEAST as kindly as you would a stranger!!!
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby cydj21 » April 17th, 2008, 9:08 am

Summer - stop beating yourself up! :D You've done yourself a great service by pinpointing possible reasons for your actions, and you've taken steps to avoid it in the future, so add it to your list as another lesson learned and just keeping rolling. No biggie! I find myself very restless when my food supply and/or options are low, and for that reason I will likely place my next order in the next day or so, as I can somewhat buffer myself from getting bored and antsy that way. You are NOT a failure, you have NOT failed and you will NOT fail. So enough of that! :D
Cyd
Highest Weight - 271lbs in 2006
cydj21
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Return to The Weight Room