the bars

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

the bars

Postby chunkymonkey » May 8th, 2006, 5:26 pm

:shock:
i was comparing the PowerBar Pria to the medifast bar

the pria bar :

110 calories
30 calories from fat
15g total carb
9g of sugar
sodium 90mg

are they ok?? I'm a newbie need help
chunkymonkey

Postby DogMa » May 8th, 2006, 5:37 pm

Medifast is about more than just calories, fat and carbs. You're free to eat whatever you want, of course, but I wouldn't deviate from the program, especially when you're new. How will you know if it works if you don't follow it? And how will you know that what you're doing is safe and effective, when the nutritional content and vitamins are different (and the quality of the protein)?
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

thebars dogma

Postby chunkymonkey » May 8th, 2006, 5:56 pm

thank you for your imput i havent cheated and lost 10 pounds in 12 days
so i 'm going to stick straight to the plan!!! thanks
chunkymonkey

Postby jump4joy » May 8th, 2006, 6:06 pm

Dogma gave you great advice. It's not a good idea to mix and match outside diet products. Congrats on your weight loss!!! Medifast is a great program....the BEST in my opinion. :mrgreen:
Motto: The time will pass whether I diet or not.
jump4joy
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby DogMa » May 8th, 2006, 6:46 pm

Sounds like you're doing great already. I definitely wouldn't mess with it!! I know it's tempting sometimes, though.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » May 8th, 2006, 6:49 pm

I agree with Robin...give MF a chance to work as a FULL PROGRAM before you start adding to and taking away from the plan.

I am very happy with the quality, the nutrients and the thought that has gone into the ingredients. I'm not going to MESS with how fast I'm losing.

Have I been caught with my pants down (no supplies) in a convenience store before? Yes. Did I get a pria bar? Once. Will I do it routinely...NO WAY! I'm not slowing down this train!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Jan » May 9th, 2006, 11:32 pm

Hi there,
Boy did you get great advice!! Remember our program has been medically tested using the MF products. When you use other products we really don't know what will happen. For the very fastest and safest weight loss stick with what has been tested. :mrgreen:
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby guest » May 12th, 2006, 8:47 am

Worried about ALL THE ADDED SUGAR in the bars and shakes! I have been pregnant 3 times in 4 years, and have been on every diet known to man to lose all the weight. I have 20 pounds to go to get to my pre pregnancy weight.

When I left the hospital with my third child I weighed 175 pounds - now weigh 148 - goal weight 127. To lose most of the weight I did South Beach diet/Atkins (just lean protein only and lots of veggies and a bit of whole grain and occasional fruit). That WOE focuses so much on reading labels and looking not only to the sugar content but for added sugars (corn syrup, honey, frutcose, sugar, et al) on labels.

Frustrated with the last 20 pounds so decided to try Medifast and was a bit discouraged by all the sugar. I thought 40 grams of carbs was the max to get you in ketosis - I am eating more than that just with my medifast foods, not including my veggies!

Would it be OK to substitute Quaker Q-Smart bars for the Medifast bars? They are great tasting, soy protein (same amount), but have much much less sugar and carbs and a few less calories.

Help!

Postby Jan » May 12th, 2006, 8:56 am

Hi there,
Remember MF is not like other programs. It is all about balance not just the number of calories or carbs. We want to protect your muscles ... you can use any plan to part with pounds .. but unless you are very careful some of that weight loss will be muscle loss. That means when you get to your goal weight it will be almost impossible to maintain. We all know that muscle mass is what burns calories. (That's why those men lose faster -- more muscle mass) I know the MF program quite well but am not a dietician or a physician so I just choose not to fool around. I simply don't have enough know how to design my own program. I also have checked out many (most of us have) and find MF to be the quickest and safest way to part with the pounds. Finally I intend to maintain my weight loss so don't want to burn my muscle mass (what there is left :mrgreen: I need it all!!! :D )
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby Pashta » May 12th, 2006, 9:17 am

Don't go changing the plan around, this program is working for all of us, has worked for people for many years. It works as it is. You need to either follow it 100% or don't do it at all cause you'll just be wasting your money.

Oh and you don't *have* to eat a bar at all if you don't like them or something.
- Tonia

Start: 03/20/06 (restart 3/19/07)
3 kids: 3 mos, 18 mos, 11 yrs old
Month 1: -4.4,-0.8,-4.0,-2.2 (-11.4, -7 in.)
Month 2: -1.6,-1.6,-3.4
Pashta
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Return to Weight Loss