Bars

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Bars

Postby LUVZHUZKYZ » June 9th, 2004, 5:52 pm

what is everyone's take on the medifast bars? Do they hinder weight loss? I see they have more carbs in them. I will be going to Vegas end of the month for eight days and thought I would eat a couple a day for convience? what does everyone think?
LUVZHUZKYZ

Postby kimay » June 9th, 2004, 6:35 pm

I myself have never eaten any of them. But, what I've heard is that you are only supposed to have one a day and I think the reason for this is cuz it actually does hinder weight loss for most people. (Note I said and heard "most") so, I guess it's up to you if you want to risk it or not. I'm am on strictly full fast so that's why I have never had one. Otherwise, I probably would definitely have one a day! Let's see what others say about it. Especially Nancy... Hey NANCY!!!!......??????
Hope you have a great Trip!

Kim
3/19/04
189/154/125 5'5"
kimay

Postby explorthis » June 9th, 2004, 7:19 pm

Hi.. I never even tasted a bar, so I cannot give you a personal take on it, but, I did click on the FAQ link:

http://www.makemethinner.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=566

and typed in "bars" (on your PC, hold the CNTL hey down, and hit the letter "F" and a dialog box pops up for you) and came up with about 5 hits...

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby RavenKat » June 10th, 2004, 4:32 am

I have had some of the bars: Peanut Butter and Cinnamon Raison. Both are really yummy BUT I can't stop eating them. I ordered them once and never will again. Well, maybe when I've reached my goal and can work them in without the drama. I'm assuming many people can handle them but I know that I can't. Too much like eating a candy bar.

You can only have one a day, anyway. Perhaps you can try the ready-to-drink shakes for convenience?

Kat
wondering where her rear end is going :byebye:
259/180/165
RavenKat
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby purplepanyzyz » June 10th, 2004, 5:51 am

Thanx everyone for all of your help! I think I'll just have one a day, and drink potrable shakes, it will be hard in the heat. I"m going with family and they are supportive so it won't be a problem. Thanx again! :D
purplepanyzyz

Postby Carrie » June 10th, 2004, 5:59 am

HI,
I use the bars - they taste good - and it's sweet enough that they're like having a treat.

I can eat 2 a day and not have it affect my loss. If I remember right it's about 160 cals vs. the 90 cal shake. I really like the chocolate mint and lemon flavors. The oatmeal raisin, chocolate and peanut butter are very good too, but I didn't like the berry at all.

A lot of times if my cravings are bad I can work a bar into my meals and it takes care of the problem.

Hope that helps,
Carrie
Now: 2/5/07: 233.6/220.0/145
1st time: 3/1/04, from 266.5 to 195.4
Carrie
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Nancy » June 10th, 2004, 6:36 am

The bars are rather tasty - some folks have a hard time eating ONLY one per day because they are so good and convenient! I had two bars a few times when I was on the weight loss phase - we were in Kauai and I was on a kayak trip and needed the energy and the ease of a bar. SOME people are able to lose consistently with two bars a day but I would not go that way unless you are really desperate. If an extra bar would keep you from eating something off program, then do it!

The bars DO have more carbs - in order to bind the soy into a solid form, it takes extra carbs to do so. Therefore, we suggest that you have but one bar a day.

BTW, the Complete or the Full Fast simply means NO REGULAR food. Therefore, a person on the Complete or the Full Program certainly CAN have a bar a day - it means 5-6 Medifast meal replacements and no regular food. So...three shakes, one bar, one oatmeal, one soup = Complete Program; six shakes = Complete Program; three shakes and three soups = Complete Program; four shakes, one bar, one soup = Complete Program, etc.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Amanda » June 13th, 2004, 10:31 am

I have the bars and in the beginnin when i still needed to chew and craved solid foods they did the trick, i love the pb, chocolate,and oatmeal raisin. Oatmeal raisin is the best!! I don't have a hard time eating more than one, but i do notice a smaller loss if i have afew ina weekvs. if i have none. If you do eat one, you HAVE to drink water with it. I think it actually days that on the pkg too. But for women craving chocolate or monthly vistits from aunt flo cravings the bar will do the trick. ;)
Peace & Love,
Amanda

Start Date: 5/14/2004

262.5/227.5/135
Amanda
Regular Member - #30 Club

Postby Echo » June 13th, 2004, 12:49 pm

I have three shakes, one bar, one soup and a lean and green and am perfectly satisfied. I like the variety and I lose consistantly. I'm really active and the bars are satisfying and convenient. I've been on it for a month and even with a few things off plan I am just a whisper away from my 20lb mark. I do take a vitamin supplement even though the plan is supposed to be nutritionally complete I want the extra calcium and stuff.

I don't know if it's the balanced diet, the soy, the water or what but I think my skin and hair look better too, rosy cheeks and no dark circles under my eyes. (wonder if mike got the rosy cheeks and shiny hair too. Or if the amount of natural estrogen in the soy got him in touch with his feminine side.) :lol: j/k. You can tell by his pictures he is all man, just a LOT lighter than he used to be.
Echo
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Echo » June 13th, 2004, 12:51 pm

PS-Amanda is in the 20lb club!!! WTG Amanda! :thumbup:
Echo
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Ria » June 13th, 2004, 2:42 pm

Hello All,

I am well into my third week on the 5:1. I usually have 4 shakes, 1 bar or a soup and a lean/green (cabbbage w/d Pam, garlic (3), onions (lil bit) and habernero peppers (2 wedges)). I also walk 4-5 times a week for a about 30-40 minutes, do some gentle leg lifts (for my disappearing saddle bags) and abs using my pilates ball. I have averaged 4 lbs a week so far.

I have not had any trouble with the bars. At first I was having the bar for breakfast with my coffee but Becky, my health advsior, suggested that I not have it as the first meal as I needed all the nutrients of the shake. So I have it around 10:30am. I do better on it then because I get the bulk of my water down.

I prayer that the scale will be kind to me this week. But if it isn't WHO CARES...I have lost 3 inches off my waistline in 19 Days!!! I will just be patient and wait for the scales to catch up. I know that the Grace of God will carry me through this journey.

184/176/130
Ria
Ria
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Bars

Postby bear45 » June 13th, 2004, 7:26 pm

I am waiting to try the bars also...right now I am doing the full fast monday through friday and doing the modified on Saturday and Sunday. That is working good for me. Discipline is what I am hoping to find on this program. And I had to be 52 before I finally GOT IT that the only one who can do this is me!! No magic here...just wanting to have a better quality of life...and when I had my grilled salmon and steamed broccoli, it was just wonderful!! I am kind of afraid to have a bar yet!!
:question:

Lisa

5/28/04

286/270/150
bear45
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Return to Weight Loss