Taangrl21

1 Thread per registered User.

Taangrl21

Postby Taangrl21 » December 16th, 2006, 11:08 am

Hello Everyone...

My name is Debra and I have been reading these boards for a little over a week now. Figured I should introduce myself.Everyone on here is such an inspiration.Your pictures are very motivating as well. So I have decided to order my package today so I can start on Dec 26th, if it's here by then.
So a little summary about myself. I am 23 and live in Florida, orignally from Jersey. I have been heavy since about 8 years old.I have been on diets since my early teens. Aroung 18 i used epherdra pills and lost 40 pounds.Changed jobs, had some "guy" problems, and then I fell back in love with food and became very sedentary.Gained all the weight back plus some. I am currently a recpetionist/operator and have been for the past couple years.This past summer I gained about 15 lbs more.So I am at my all time highest weight and am just miserable, physically and emotionally. This month I invested in a precor elliptical, to start using at home.I used to go to the gym but burned out after going there twice a day for a little over a month and only lost 5 lbs and 4.5 in.Wasnt motivating enough for the work I put in. I wont all in depth right now. Just wanted to introduce myself right now.
Could someone offer me some suggestions to which shakes I should get.I plan on buying the promo pack for a month.But not too sure which shakes I should buy,55? 70? .Any suggestions would be great....thanks everyone. :)
Taangrl21
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Karli » December 16th, 2006, 11:32 am

Hi Debra, thanks for introducing yourself and how wonderful to have you aboard !! You will find a lot of great people and support here as you go through your journey to better health.

All of those negative feelings about yourself that you have right now are about to *CHANGE* :mrgreen: for the better, if you simply stick to the program as written. Prepare yourself to kiss them goodbye, forever :).

Most women get the 55. I started with the 70's and had great success, but then went to 55s and that has been okay. I am 6 feet tall and have a truly large build (with an unusual amount of (somewhat hibernating) muscle for a girl, I think), so sometimes I wonder if I ought to switch back to the 70's. But, unless you are similar, I would stick with the 55's. Just my thoughts and hope it helps :).

Welcome, again, and thanks for joining us. Feel free to post away as you prepare yourself for your start :).

Cheers,
Karli
Karli
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Taangrl21 » December 16th, 2006, 11:43 am

Hey Karli,

First off I love your posts! Very in depth. I was swaying more towards the 70. So thats probably what I will end up going with.I am 5'2 not quite sure bone wise, but I go with medium, using the finger to finger round the wrist test.
I am definitly ready for the "Change".
Taangrl21

Postby bikipatra » December 16th, 2006, 11:47 am

Taangrl21 wrote:Hey Karli,

First off I love your posts! Very in depth.

You mean LONG don't you? I have often wondered if she is a freelance writer who is used to getting paid by the word. :angel:
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby LadyT » December 16th, 2006, 1:29 pm

Welcome Taangrl21!!!!!
I know you will do very well with this program. I too have been on diets since I was a child, and was diagnosed with hypothyroidism and hypertension a few years ago (among other things). On top of that I quit smoking 3 years ago, so the weight has just piled on like crazy (oh, and my love of junk food may have had something to do with it too :lol: !).
Come here and post as often as you like - everyone here is so friendly, supportive and inspiring...so let us know how you are doing!

Oh - and for the record, I use the 55 shakes. This is what was suggested to me, and they seem to work just fine.
Tracey
Start Date: 4/20/06
Back on MF: 11/13/06
236.2/205/135
5"4" - age: 35

Going for a "Winter Onederland"

LadyT
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby alpha femme » December 16th, 2006, 1:51 pm

i rotate the 55 and 70 shakes because i carry a huge amount of muscle for my size... which may be why everyone says i don't look like i weigh 200+.

when i slow down workouts or need to break a plateau, going to the 55 seems to help. it's never good to let your meals get too predictable, because your body will try to conserve fat when it gets comfortable with a pattern.

trust me. i could survive for 30 years in the wild, living on sticks and berries, and i'd leave 100+ overweight still. :roll:

anyway, welcome to the group. the majority of the people in here are great. some, like me, are a little shady. i'd watch out for those! ::cough:: biki ::cough::
alpha femme
Preferred member

Postby Sojourner » December 16th, 2006, 2:20 pm

alpha femme wrote:anyway, welcome to the group. the majority of the people in here are great. some, like me, are a little shady. i'd watch out for those! ::cough:: biki ::cough::

:roflmao:
Hiya Debra! As you can see, we all love :heart: each other here. We're like one big happy family, complete with jabs :point: and eye-rolling :roll:, etc. We're also quick to come to the aid of any one of our family members, whether that means just providing a shoulder to cry on :hugblue:, an ear to vent to :secret:, a open palm to high-five with :hi5:, or a smack to knock someone upside the head with when needed ::cough:: Jo & Lauren ::cough:: :3head: . Whatever the interaction, it's all about support. Oh, and humor (as the dad from the Family Guy said to his supposedly fat wife: "Aren't your people supposed to be jolly?"). Yeah we have a lot of fun here, and we're happy that you've joined us!

Welcome to the family!

:goteam:
~*~*~*Sojourner*~*~*~

Shake it gone, babeee!!!
Sojourner
Preferred member

Hi

Postby dede4wd » December 16th, 2006, 4:03 pm

Hi Debra and welcome to the gang!
anyway, welcome to the group. the majority of the people in here are great. some, like me, are a little shady. i'd watch out for those! ::cough:: biki ::cough::

:roflmao:
We're a happy bunch...glad you're joining us!

For the record I use 55's most of the time and have some 70's on hand for tough workout days and such! I walk 1.5 miles a day and get on my pilates machine 3-4x a week. If your activity level is higher, try the 70's...if you're just doing average things, try the 55's!

Glad you're going to start shakin' with us! What a fantastic Holiday present to yourself!

DeDe
Last edited by dede4wd on December 16th, 2006, 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dede4wd

Postby bikipatra » December 16th, 2006, 4:05 pm

sniff, sniff... :nonono:
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby Taangrl21 » December 16th, 2006, 7:05 pm

Well I guess I will fit right on in with the sarcasm...thats one thing I have noticed is how close most of you are here. I like that.I have been on boards in the past that havent been as welcoming or as friendly. So its nice for that "family" feeling here. Can't wait to begin this journey that lies ahead. And happy youre all suportive.

Thanks for all the welcoming hello's everyone. :lol:
Taangrl21

Postby Taangrl21 » December 18th, 2006, 7:45 am

I know I havent started yet, but boy am I ready to.Tried to buy pants yesterday and lets just say shopping isnt one of my fave activites right now. I bought a pair but dont like them so I am taking them back. I cant wait for that package to arrive. I look at everyones pictures and ticker thingy's and it give me nothing but motivation.I have thought much about where i will be in 5 weeks. I want my energy back and I want the moodiness and negativity gone. I just want to be happy to be me again. i guess thats all for now.Hope I dont sound like I am feeling to sorry for myself.Its just one of those days...
Taangrl21

Postby bikipatra » December 18th, 2006, 7:49 am

Taangrl21 wrote: I want my energy back and I want the moodiness and negativity gone. I just want to be happy to be me again. i guess thats all for now.Hope I dont sound like I am feeling to sorry for myself.Its just one of those days...

I have been waiting 34 years for the moodiness to go away....hopefully, it won't take so long for you! Welcome!
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby Taangrl21 » December 18th, 2006, 12:21 pm

LOL Biki, yeah I hope I dont have to wait for my energy either...cant wait to start.

So...I have a little behavior that maybe someone on here can relate to.
I barely buys clothes now...cause I hate shopping unless I absolutley necessarily HAVE to, but I love to fill my closet up with medium size clothing. So I guess I am addicted to shopping just not for me now. And of course I have two pairs of pants I used to wear that dont fit now that I cant wait to get my butt back in...
I just wanted to share my quirky addiction/behavior/whatever it is you wanna call it. :)
Taangrl21

Postby bikipatra » December 18th, 2006, 12:23 pm

Taangrl21 wrote:LOL Biki, yeah I hope I dont have to wait for my energy either...cant wait to start.

I just wanted to share my quirky addiction/behavior/whatever it is you wanna call it. :)

That's what your journal is for-keep posting away!!! WE all have our quirks, some more than others!
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Hi

Postby dede4wd » December 18th, 2006, 2:04 pm

I gotta tell you, I was the same way...it was like pulling teeth to get me to buy new clothes because I didn't want to know what size I'd hit next!

I'm getting MUCH better at it now, some day I might even ENJOY shopping again!

DeDe
dede4wd

Next

Return to My Journal