SuzyQ

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby SuzyQ66 » November 11th, 2008, 12:45 pm

Robin - thanks for the clarification. I think I am going to give it a try.

Well had my health assessment today. My total cholesterol was good (164) but my HDL - the good cholesterol - was on the low side (43) and should be about 60. That was the pits...but I am on the right track by being on MF. So I am not going to let this get me down either.

But you guys would have loved the scale they had. It actually told me I was 10 pounds lighter than I actually am. Talk about stupid...here you are at a health assessment and they don't have an accurate scale. I mean I can see people complaining when it tells them they weigh more than what they do...but less by 10 pounds. Come off it. I asked other people who went for the same health assessment if they got the scale I did and none of them did; however, there were about 10 booths conducting the assessment. Too funny.
Sue
SuzyQ66
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby DogMa » November 11th, 2008, 3:16 pm

How do you know that their scale is the inaccurate one?

Low HDL runs in my family. Mine used to be in the 20s way back when (my brother's still is). I'm in the 40s now, but haven't been able to get it any higher. OTOH, my cholesterol is fine now and my triglycerides are only 51. With no meds anymore. So hang in there and your numbers are bound to improve.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby SuzyQ66 » November 11th, 2008, 6:34 pm

Thanks Robin. I know that their scale was the inaccurate one because that would have meant that I lost 10-15 pounds since I saw the doctor on Friday. I know Medifast is good...but not that good...LOL!!
Sue
SuzyQ66

Postby smartipantz » November 11th, 2008, 7:07 pm

Heh! I think I want that scale!!

Suzy, you are doing great!! The weight is dripping off you now. It's sooo much easier after you get passed all the "symptoms" of starting the program. It gets easier and easier. I don't even want to cheat!

Keep it up!

Keri
Restarted 9/29/08
1st month = 16.7 lbs
2nd month = 9.5 lbs
3rd month = 10.8 lbs
4th month = .4 lb /
smartipantz
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby SuzyQ66 » November 12th, 2008, 1:53 pm

Hi Keri - thanks for stopping by. You are so right...I don't feel like cheating on this. Everytime I heat up my MF meal in our breakroom I am looking at a vending machine full of candy and chips...and I never have any inclination or desire to buy any of it. Hooray!!

I am still up one pound today. Still not concerned about it. It's strange that this time around I go down and then up and down and then up. I don't recall doing this the last time...but then again, I just might not remember.

4 supplements down today....L&G to come in a few hours and my last supplement a couple hours later.
Sue
SuzyQ66

Postby nickieluv » November 12th, 2008, 3:33 pm

I always fluctuate - no biggie, although it can be annoying. I wish I was one of those who sees a steady loss, even a tenth of a pound a day, instead of ups and downs. But this way, you learn to take it in stride and not panic.

Glad you're doing so great!
nickieluv
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby SuzyQ66 » November 13th, 2008, 6:57 pm

Still up that one pound. Oh well. I am sure that some day soon there will be a drop. Had a busy day today at work and after work. Right after work I went grocery shopping, came home and quickly ate my L&G and then took one of my daughter's shopping for a wool coat. Now I am back home and ready to relax...just in time to watch Grey's Anatomy and ER. ER is supposed to be really good tonight.
Sue
SuzyQ66

Postby nickieluv » November 13th, 2008, 7:31 pm

Glad you're having some relaxation time tonight. I'm sure someday I'll have that luxury again when the kids are older. And I'm contemplating another one someday? Crazy, I must be. Have a good night and think light thoughts when you're on the scale tomorrow. :D
nickieluv

Postby SuzyQ66 » November 14th, 2008, 9:47 am

Oh Nickie - I have four children and my oldest has a child, so believe me things can be hectic at times. But I sure love my kids.

Well I am down that pound I gained earlier in the week. It's about time...took several days. But am not down anymore than that. I am okay about it though, I figure my body is trying to adjust to the 16 pound loss in 3 weeks.

I did try one of the new bars this morning, peanut butter crunch. While it tastes really good, its rather small and not as satisfying as the other bars
(they are 1/2 the calories so what do you expect). They are a nice addition to our list of selections, but I can't see myself eating them for every meal. They will be nice for travel though. It may be that I am just so used to the other bars that I thought they would be like those. However, they still are good.
Sue
SuzyQ66

Postby nickieluv » November 14th, 2008, 11:39 am

Uh oh on the new bars - I don't need something in the cupboard that I'm going to want to eat two of at every meal. Maybe I'll just change my order and stick to the old ones. Or just order one box of the new ones to try instead of getting so many. Have to think about that - thanks for sharing your thoughts on them!
nickieluv

Postby SuzyQ66 » November 15th, 2008, 7:41 am

Nickie, I ended up having another of those bars later in the day - they really are convenient as I was running out the door and it was time for a supplement. That one was tasted really good too - chocolate mint - and was more satisfying, I didn't feel like I needed another after that one so maybe it was just me yesterday morning.

Ok - I was veryfrustrated this morning. Yesterday I stepped on the scale and the 1 pound I had gained earlier in the week was finally gone. I was really thinking there would be a loss today....well guess what...I am up 1.5 pounds. This is totally ridiculous. The only thing I can think of is that I am taking GlycoLax (generic of Miralax) and I remember the last time I had to take this stuff, the scale would always be more in the morning than at night. What confirmed for me that it has to be this is when I went to put my rings on this morning, one of them is really tight and my rings are never tight. Does it make me happy that I think I found the reason for the gain...yes...but it still frustrates me. When is this dumb scale going to go down. One of the things I like about MF is the weight loss helps you to stay on track....ugh!!!
Sue
SuzyQ66

Postby nickieluv » November 15th, 2008, 8:16 am

I never could count on the scale to keep me going. I mean, sometimes the fluctuations were my fault for going off program, but even completely on plan it was just very unpredictable. But look at the stats - I lost almost 70 pounds in 9 months so obviously it was working. Hang in there - I know exactly how you feel but you just have to ignore the scale and think about what a good job you're doing instead.
nickieluv

Postby Tawanda » November 15th, 2008, 8:49 am

Sue, thanks for the feedback on what you thought of the bars. My BeSlim order is due tomorrow and I need to decide if I'm going to order some this month or not. I just hate spending so much on a 'little' item---funny (odd) that I never felt the same way about blowing money on a small candy bar or a pizza.... Geesh!
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby SuzyQ66 » November 15th, 2008, 10:20 am

I had the carmel one this morning with a bottle of water and that was very satisfying. I just think the the first one I had I was expecting something similar to the bars in the green package. Once you get past that, the bars are very good and satisfying.

Thanks Nickie for your encouragement. I just keep telling myself that tomorrow will be different. But everytime tomorrow comes...there is no difference or a gain. It's okay, I am sure things will straighten themselves out.
Sue
SuzyQ66

Postby SuzyQ66 » November 15th, 2008, 3:11 pm

Just got back from the movies. Took the kids to see HSM3. If you have seen any of the HSM movies...this movie is very similar to the others. They use the same formula...but I guess you don't fix what is not broken. It's a good kid's movie...and Troy and Gabriella finally kiss...oh my...you should have heard the reaction in the theater....too funny.

I can remember the first time on MF how I would avoid theaters. How can you go to a movie without having popcorn? It's just not possible. Then I went one time and I survived...barely, but I survived. This time, no problems whatsoever. The smell of the popcorn was enough for me. I also saved my bar (in green package) and brought along a diet caffeine free coke. I try to stay away from caffeine and the theater only carries the kind with caffeine.

Hope everybody is having a wonderful weekend!!!
Sue
SuzyQ66

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal