SuzyQ

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby txcindylou » October 28th, 2008, 7:33 am

Stay on the plan Sue, you will be so glad you did.
Cindy
Restart 10/12/08

225/203.5/165
txcindylou
Trusted Member

Postby SuzyQ66 » October 28th, 2008, 3:36 pm

Thanks Cindy. My plan is to stay on plan even if it kills me...LOL!!

Today was another difficult day. Not as bad as last week...at least it was tolerable. I guess I will have some good days and some bad days. I just felt a little more hungry today. I think it's because I didn't get enough sleep last night. But I am surviving.
Sue
SuzyQ66
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby SuzyQ66 » October 29th, 2008, 6:14 am

Day 10. Something told me to stay away from the scale today. I mean come on...I lost three days in a row. On top to that last week I was stuck, Wed, Thurs, Fri & Sat. Today is Wednesday so who knows what would happen. But I told myself even if I stayed the same - who cares - look how far you have come in 10 days. Well ugh!! I GAINED!! 1.5 pounds - overnight. Have no clue how that happened....was really grumpy for the past 2 hours :x :x :x :x :x :x :x !!!!! But I am getting over it. It's as if my body is telling me that since I did not take this as serious as I should have the first time around (the weight seemed to slide off) and that I didn't take care of myself because I allowed myself to gain it back - that it is now going to make me work harder so that I realize how difficult this actually is will be determined to keep the weight off this time. ugh!!
Sue
SuzyQ66

Postby nickieluv » October 29th, 2008, 6:30 am

Oh, you have voiced my greatest fear - everytime I restart I am afraid that this time it won't work, because I didn't appreciate it or do it well enough the last time.

I do know from my time put in here that weight gain can be tons of things - it could even have been stress from remembering that you were stalled last week, making you hold on to water and weigh more today! If you're doing the program according to the rules, the weight will come off. Always remember that!

Thanks for your support in my journal. I'm sorry so many needed to restart, but selfishly it's nice to have so much company right now. ;)
nickieluv
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby SuzyQ66 » October 29th, 2008, 1:52 pm

Thanks Nickie - This board is a big part of the program. I have come here everyday to voice my hoorays and my complaints. It makes me accountable. That first week really was a killer. I thought today would be too because of the gain but it actually hasn't been too bad. I am going out of town tomorrow morning for 4 days and I plan on being compliant the total time. I am even packing salad dressings just to make sure.
Sue
SuzyQ66

Postby DogMa » October 29th, 2008, 2:33 pm

SuzyQ66 wrote:Day 10. Something told me to stay away from the scale today. I mean come on...I lost three days in a row. On top to that last week I was stuck, Wed, Thurs, Fri & Sat. Today is Wednesday so who knows what would happen. But I told myself even if I stayed the same - who cares - look how far you have come in 10 days. Well ugh!! I GAINED!! 1.5 pounds - overnight. Have no clue how that happened....was really grumpy for the past 2 hours :x :x :x :x :x :x :x !!!!! But I am getting over it. It's as if my body is telling me that since I did not take this as serious as I should have the first time around (the weight seemed to slide off) and that I didn't take care of myself because I allowed myself to gain it back - that it is now going to make me work harder so that I realize how difficult this actually is will be determined to keep the weight off this time. ugh!!

OK, Suzy, stop that right now!! Did you eat 5,250 extra calories yesterday? Then you didn't gain 1.5 pounds of fat (i.e. real weight) last night. You gained water, which you will lose just as easily. Repeat after me: "I will not allow normal fluctuations to drive me crazy."
[/lecture]
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby SuzyQ66 » October 30th, 2008, 6:40 am

Robin - when you put it that way, of course I didn't eat that many calories. Thanks so much...sometimes we need a reality check and a kick in the butt.

Day 11 - I can't believe I am still counting the days...but it helps...the further I get away from Day 1 the better I feel. I am down 1 of the the 1.5 pounds that I was up yesterday. That is good news. And I am feeling pretty good today.

We are leaving in a little bit here to go out of town til Sunday. The kids have off today and tomorrow and we decided to take them to Green Bay. We live in Wisconsin and have never stayed in Green Bay. We are hoping to take the tour of Lambeau Field.

I will be away from the boards for a few days but already have packed my supplements and plan to stay on plan. I hope everbody has a great weekend.
Sue
SuzyQ66

Postby DogMa » October 30th, 2008, 7:50 am

Have a good time!!
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

Postby SuzyQ66 » November 3rd, 2008, 10:44 am

Well I am back from Greenbay. I was so excited to get on the scale when I got home because I knew I just had to have lost weight. I have been so focused. I even went to the grocery store in Greenbay and bought my own lettuce and meats for my L&G so that I would not be tempted to go off plan. Our hotel package came with buffet breakfast and dinner but I never went to the restaurant with my family in order to avoid temptation. I didn't even buy snacks to keep in the room. If my kids every wanted anything - I have them money for the vending machine.

Every day after my L&G I hit the hotel gym and did 20 minutes on the eliptical....not taking my weight into consideration - the machine said that I burned 175 calories each workout. Plus we did a lot of walking each day. I also drank so much that every time I turned around - I needed a bathroom.

So yesterday afternoon I step on the scale knowing that it wouldn't give me a big loss because I weight myself first thing in the morning. And of course the scale didn't reflect anything impressive. I was depressed but would not give up. I would wait til morning.

So this morning...I step on the scale....and I only lost 1.5 pounds. I realize that 1.5 pounds is better than gaining...but I just finished week 2. You would think it would be better. Well guess what....it's that time of the month too...so maybe...just maybe...it's water weight...and within a couple of days I will show a higher loss...maybe...please?!?!

At least I get to celebrate the 10 pound club. That is nice to be a part of again. I am now on week 3....Robin I know you said the 3s are a nightmare...but I am going to stay positive here and hope for the best. This is not in any way shape or form making me rethink my deicision to be on MF....I will continue.
Sue
SuzyQ66

Postby nickieluv » November 3rd, 2008, 4:06 pm

I'm sorry you had a disappointing week with the scale - but I'm glad you're not giving up. You know you did the right things - sometimes it takes a while to show on the scale. Hopefully you were very proud of your choices while away. It sounds like you did everything right!

As for TOM - I gained ten pounds when I had my first cycle after the pregnancy. It usually doesn't affect me much but holy cow that was crazy!!! It was nice at the end of the week when it dropped off within two days, though. So, yeah, it will go away and take friends with it next week!
nickieluv
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby SuzyQ66 » November 3rd, 2008, 5:37 pm

Thanks Nik.

I just got back from about an hour walk. It sure is beautiful outside- one would never know that it's November today.....and last week Monday we were getting snow flurries.

Had a pretty good MF day. Still bummed about the weight loss but am putting it behind me after today. Hoping next week will be better.

Well I am off to a meeting at church. Hope everybody has a nice night.
Sue
SuzyQ66

Postby DogMa » November 4th, 2008, 8:31 am

Did you fly, by any chance? That will make you retain a lot of water. Either way, though, 1.5 is 1.5. At least it's going in the right direction.
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

Postby SuzyQ66 » November 4th, 2008, 12:22 pm

Well today is going pretty well. I stepped on the scale this morning and I am down another pound. I will take whatever that darn scale will give me. Robin - we drove this weekend - and the trip was only about 2.5 -3 hours. It wasn't a bad drive at all.

The program is getting easier...I am so glad that first week is well behind me.
Sue
SuzyQ66

Postby SuzyQ66 » November 6th, 2008, 10:24 am

The scale for the last couple of days has remained the same which puts me at 1.5 pounds so far for the week. I sure hope the scale goes down more....but weight loss so far is 12 pounds.

I also got my flu shot a couple of days ago. I have never had one but I want to do whatever I need to do to not go through what I went through after Christmas last year and for about three months thereafter. I came down with a horrible case of the flu - high fever, chills, aches, yuck...in bed for over a week. This developed into bronchitis and then slight pneumonia. Which also led to my downfall when it came to my weight. In three months....I gained my weight back.

This time around....I need to safeguard my weight loss. I need to do whatever it takes to keep the weight off....even during sickness. Taking the weight off is only part of the battle, keeping it off is the rest of it.
Sue
SuzyQ66

Postby SuzyQ66 » November 8th, 2008, 11:47 am

I have felt like jumping up and down the last couple of mornings...so far this week I am down 4 pounds...making a total weight loss of 14.5 pounds...and tomorrow marks the end of Week 3....HOORAY!!

The program is getting easier and easier. I can now be around other food and have no issues with resisting it. My kids had popcorn last night while we watched Iron Man and I just enjoyed smelling it. It was satisfying enough for me to just smell it...I remember being at that point the last time I was successful on MF.

Went to the doctor yesterday for my annual physical. She asked a lot of questions...as we know they should... and I told her that I was on the MF 51 program. She commented that I am doing all the right things to get to a healthier me. I go for a health assessment next week at work - that will tell me my cholesterol, glucose level etc. So my doc wasn't going to repeat the tests that will be done next week. So we will see what next week brings. However, I had gotten a flu shot earlier in the week so my right arm hurt for a couple of days and now yesterday I got a tetanus in my left arm so now that one hurts...LOL!! Life.

Well I need to go shopping for some new socks...all of mine are starting to wear holes in them.
Sue
SuzyQ66

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal