SuzyQ

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby DutchChoc » December 7th, 2008, 10:39 am

However it seems, Suzy, you're doing great by your stats. You know those weeks of effort don't accumulate unless you're really with it, so you must be. I'm happy for you because this is how it gets done, day by day.
Ending weight MF 10/2004: 126
Starting weight 12/1/08: 168 :-(
Loss December: -7/-0
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Postby SuzyQ66 » December 7th, 2008, 3:17 pm

Thanks Dutch....I really appreciate it.
Sue
SuzyQ66
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Re: Hey Suzy

Postby katieb920 » December 8th, 2008, 8:21 am

origAUgirl wrote:I only lost 2.5 this week..I
Be good and I'll catch ya later.
L

Dont you hate that I only lost 2.5lbs a week. Well here is a way to cheer you up. On Weight watchers some times you only lose 1/2 a pound. That is awesome Keep up the great work.
Katie
katieb920
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby smartipantz » December 11th, 2008, 7:11 am

Hiya Suzy!

Your stats look awesome. Actually you are tracking right where I was at 7 weeks! WTG!! Way to battle the hungries by having another shake. Seriously, that was SOOOOOOOO much better than eating those dang candy bars.... are they still in your purse? lol

Keep it up :)

Keri
Restarted 9/29/08
1st month = 16.7 lbs
2nd month = 9.5 lbs
3rd month = 10.8 lbs
4th month = .4 lb /
smartipantz
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby nickieluv » December 11th, 2008, 9:01 am

Hey SuzyQ!!

Is this week 8 now, or week 9? It's my turn to be jealous, thinking if I had just started when you did and not gotten derailed so much.... But I am happy for YOU to be where you are, and can't wait to hear your experiences this week!

Candy bars, by the way, might not have even made it home to my kids, let alone stayed uneaten in the purse for so long. You're so strong!
nickieluv
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby SuzyQ66 » December 13th, 2008, 5:41 pm

Hey guys...thanks for all the kind words. I can't believe it's been so long since I was here last. I guess it's because it's the holiday season and too many things to do.

I am still going strong on MF. The company I worked for had a big holiday lunch the other day in their cafeteria which is free to employess. They do this every Christmas. I had to go to the bank to pay a bill - which is just outside the cafeteria...and the smell was wonderful. I could smell the roast beef, turkey and mashed potatoes. They also have all sorts of desserts...pies, cakes, ice cream. I just wanted to stand out on the hall for an hour enjoying the aroma...but I didn't. When our department went down for lunch....I stayed at my desk and ate my chicken noodle soup. I even had a few people from other departments stop at my desk and ask I I'd like to join them. Of course I didn't. The kicker...many many people ended up getting sick. Don't know if it was just a coincidence...but the cafeteria is looking into it. Another reason I am glad that I did not eat that lunch.

We celebrated Christmas today with my hubby's family. It was a restaurant so I decided to bring my own salad dressing.....there had to be a chicken ceasar salad I could order without the dressing, cheese and croutons. Well that's what I ordered....and guess what...I put my own dressing on it...tasted the chicken...it was awful...and sent it back....I pulled out a bar from my purse and that was lunch. I think they used canned chicken...I said so much to the waitress but she denied it. It was just plain gross and no grilled chicken ever tasted that way to me. But don't feel bad for me...it didn't bother me at all that everybody was eating a bunch of nice food...there were also Christmas cookies and candies and we had a big chocolate cookie cake for my son's birthday (we hadn't celebrated that with his family yet) I even cut the cake and had no issues.

So far this week I am down 2.5 pounds this week. I am thankful that I am still going strong on MF. Some days are easier than others...but the end product will be well worth it. My hubby told me this morning that my butt is smaller....LOL!!
Sue
SuzyQ66

Postby smartipantz » December 13th, 2008, 9:25 pm

Sue,

Congrats on your smaller butt - hehe!! And as far as the xmas lunch - one day you will feel strong enough to walk in there and take the healthier choices but for now, you did what you felt more comfortable with. I applaude you - and thank god you didn't get sick!

Glad you had a good family day today. We have our next weekend, xmas and then the weekend after xmas. It's a busy couple weeks.

Just think - next year we will all be skinnier and hopefully at our goal weights!! I can't wait!!

Keri
Restarted 9/29/08
1st month = 16.7 lbs
2nd month = 9.5 lbs
3rd month = 10.8 lbs
4th month = .4 lb /
smartipantz
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby nickieluv » December 13th, 2008, 10:08 pm

That is an inspirational thought, Keri - next year, all of us at goal!! Although it won't happen if the work doesn't get started right now - SuzyQ, you are totally on the right track.

And thanks for reminding me my struggles could be worse - if I were working, the last week before Christmas break is 'treat week' and every day there is tons of food in the faculty room - none of it either lean or green!!! :lol: So I'm glad to be away from that temptation....
nickieluv

Postby SuzyQ66 » December 14th, 2008, 2:22 pm

Thanks guys!! This isn't always that easy...and today is one of those not so easy days.

I was very disappointed this morning when I stepped on the scale and it was up 2 pounds. Now I know it's water weight...and I don't technically weigh in for the week until tomorrow...but I was so depressed and still am...my so far 2.5 weight loss for the week is not down to .5. That along with being around all this food lately is wearing me down. My mother-in-law gave us some homemade chex mix - which is my favorite - and that keeps calling to me today. It's nuts. If there was any of that chocholate chip cake left over from yesterday...I would have devoured it. In the end, I hate to say this, but I did cave and eat a piece of string cheese. I figured it was better than eating that chex mix.....the string cheese was actually..... not very good. Lesson learned. I'll stick to the MF supplements. Thank goodness I still have my L&G to eat today....and that the holidays only last for so long.

See guys, even though I have been doing well on MF...I still struggle. There are days that I want to just cave and pig out. But I have to reassess the situation and see what my problem really is. Today, I am upset that the scale is 2 pounds up and a few other things that stressed me out today....so that's really my problem. I am upset today....but food is not going to solve it...it will only make me feel worse...my weight will up again tomorrow if I give in...and the cycle of being upset will continue. So in the end....I will not cave any further today. And thank God that I did not give in to that stupid Chex Mix.....I would have had to go through those 3-7 awful awful days...all over again. ugh!!
Sue
SuzyQ66

Postby SuzyQ66 » December 17th, 2008, 5:07 pm

It's been an interesting week for me MF wise. Sunday I was up 2 pounds, Monday I was down one of those two pounds, Tuesday I was still down only the one, and today I back up the one. Really on a roller coaster ride. I can't see how some string cheese was going to mess me up that much...but word to wise...avoid it...LOL!!

I also am a little bummed this week. There's several things that have been going on...but the scale is what starts the day. I have been busy for the past three nights and got to bed later than usual. I know that doesn't help. We had snow yesterday 3-5 inches and are bracing for 6-12 tomorrow night. It's not technically winter...yet we have had so much snow already.

I did get out in the snow last night and took a walk. I know for some that sounds nuts...but walking while it's snowing is kind of nice. It gave my upper legs a work out. Granted I was soaking wet when I got home and had to run to a meeting at my daughter's school. But it was still nice. With the colder weather having set in....and a cold I had last month...I got away from my regular walks. I need to get started on a regular exercise program and I bet that will help.
Sue
SuzyQ66

Postby Tawanda » December 17th, 2008, 5:57 pm

Suzy, don't be discouraged---the pounds will continue to melt off. You are doing wonderfully and are an inspiration!
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby SuzyQ66 » December 19th, 2008, 1:25 pm

Thanks Tawanda....boy sometimes this can be hard.

Leigh - I am sorry happy that you got your stitches out and are now moving around with no boot or crutches...you go girl.

I am struggling today. I don't know what my problem is. I am telling you, the majority of this battle is in your own head. Part of my just wants to cave and dig into the cookies I have sitting on the counter...but what will that prove, I would only end up feeling guilty and then probably eat something else off program. On top of that...I can't go back to eating the way I was eating before...otherwise the weight will come right back. So many issues to deal with. However, I need to deal with it.

It just stopped snowing here a few hours ago. We got slammed over night and this morning. Schools had to close. So I am working from home today, kids home from school...and my grandson is here because daycare was closed. A little stressful....probably why I want food. I will have an early L&G today and see if that doesn't help. If need be, I will have another MF supplement instead of going for something I will later regret. :x
Sue
SuzyQ66

Postby DogMa » December 19th, 2008, 2:27 pm

Step away from the cookies!! And think about WHY you want them so much. It's not going to get the kids out of the house or the snow to melt, is it? And it's NOT going to make you feel better. Can you do something else? Maybe take the kids out for a bit to play in the snow? Or settle 'em in with a movie or something to give yourself a break?

Umm, can you tell I don't have kids? LOL
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby nickieluv » December 20th, 2008, 6:43 am

Hi Suzy - I hope you made it through the day yesterday. Stress and the unexpected are big triggers for me - when something doesn't go just as I had planned, I feel the urge to crunch my stress away. If you need any object lessons about cheating, read my journal and look at my darn ticker - oh, and add 10 pounds to it, because I haven't gone and edited it yet since I'm all off program right now.

My babies aren't old enough yet that I can just leave them alone on the couch - unless the littlest is sleeping - but just taking 10 minutes to breathe and refocus might help in the situation you found yourself in yesterday.

I know you have the strength to have made good choices - have a great weekend and try to enjoy the view of all that snow. :D
nickieluv

Postby SuzyQ66 » December 24th, 2008, 2:44 pm

Merry Christmas All!! I hope you have a wonderful and blessed holiday with all you love!!

:christmasbar:
Sue
SuzyQ66

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal