Support from outside of the house

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Support from outside of the house

Postby StrivingSister » February 18th, 2006, 9:37 am

Hello everyone. I'm so gald I found this forum. I really need the support.

Unfortunately, I don't really have support for this diet from my husband :( . It's understandable b/c I have tried and discontinued every diet since we got married (almost 6 yrs)! Initially, he would be excited, but failure after failure, he stopped getting excited right away....it would take a few weeks/ months for him to see that I'm committed and THEN get helpful. Then, the inevitable happens and he gets disappointed all over again.

Well, it's the same with MF. He was horrified when he heard the price. That, in addition to knowing my past history, he was really against it! So, I'm pretty much on my own. It's a bad feeling.

So, while I know that I am mostly doing this for myself, I have a BURNING desire to prove something to him...that I AM a loser, and NOT a quitter!

Any thoughts?
Last edited by StrivingSister on February 18th, 2006, 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
StrivingSister
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby falisamarie » February 18th, 2006, 9:46 am

I am so sorry to hear that :tears: you do have all of us though :goteam: If I were you I would use his doubts as an extra motivation :whip: there is nothing more fun than proving our hubby's wrong right! You can do this. The key is to look at this as your new lifestyle and not as a diet. We are all beside you supporting and uplifting you :hug: It won't be long before he sees the difference and will be supportive and loving and encouraging as well!

Lisa :heart:
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Hugs

Postby Ginabobina1969 » February 18th, 2006, 9:52 am

I can understand that would be hard to basically having someone watching you expecting you to fail :x Hold onto that burning desire you described and use it for good..not evil( ohh wait , that was my superhero speech) ;)

I am new here too and I am finding myself continally useing mantra's positive thinking and stuff I told myself when I was quitting smoking.

-You can do this!
- The answer to any crave is NO!
-No Excuses!

Ask yourself..
-Will "eating" or caving really make me feel any better?
-Who am I doing this for?
-How am I gonna feel after I cave?
-Is cheating worth that feeling?

Something I did yesterday was have a before photo taken..,Also, went to
<snip>no urls please - Mr. Snippy</snip> and did the virtual model ,at my goal weight..I right-clicked and saved that image, then did a side by side..printed and taped all over the kitchen. If that doesn't keep me straight. :(
.Honestly, tho, I don't even recognize the person in the before pic..I don't see myself that way.:( Anyway..sorry just some ideas.

We are here for you but YOU are your best cheerleader right now. Try to "stay out of your head" that is, Decide now that there is no cheating and when a crave or cheat pops up..don't go into a mental debate..just say to yourself, the answer is NO. And, drink a glass of water...or have a legal snack.

Sorry this got so long...You CAN do this! Believe in yourself!! Make hubby a believer by showing him just what you are capable of!

Hugs,
Gina

Previously...02/16/06 BMI-50 276/188
Restart....03/31/2008 -failed
Restart 03/26/09 280/267 Failed
Restart-Awaiting order. I cannot even bear to post my current weight...yet.
Ginabobina1969

Postby Dayna » February 18th, 2006, 4:26 pm

When I approached my husband about giving Medifast a try, he was pretty skeptical. I don't know how much money I've spent in the past trying to lose weight - gym fees, exercise programs, eating guides, you name it, I've probably spent money on it. He was not looking forward to "wasting money" on yet another program that would fizzle out. But we agreed to give it a month. Two weeks in, he could already see a difference in how I looked and felt. He was already talking about the program as a given, not as a trial.

Also, we've discovered the expense is not as much as it initially seems to be. We've not been spending almost no money on things like alcohol, junk snacks, pizza, and eating out. That has made a pretty good difference, right there.

I bet that it won't take long for your husband to get behind this program 100%. He'll see the change in you and your behavior, and he'll see you becoming a happier person. He'll see that much of the cost balances out, and he'll realize that this isn't a fad or a gimmick, but a true path to success. Don't let his early skepticism discourage you; the minute he sees you putting on the next size down pants, he'll be a believer. :D

- Dayna
Someone once wrote:I'm allergic to cake. I break out in fat when I eat it.

8/05 - 275
SD - 1/17/06 - 259

Dayna
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby 2BHealthy » February 18th, 2006, 7:52 pm

We will be here to support you! Hopefully your husband will get on board soon! :whoohoo:
Linda
2BHealthy
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Nancy » February 19th, 2006, 12:19 am

Hi, StrivingSister ~

Oh, I know that in my previous DIEting life, I sure made enough mistakes and half-hearted attempts to lose weight and even my saint of a husband was somewhat perturbed with me when I approached him about beginning yet ANOTHER weight loss program. I think his concern was not just about the possibility of wasting more money but that he was fearful that I would be hurt again if I failed to make progress. I was an emotional wreck when I started the program. My doc had referred me for gastric by-pass. I was morbidly obese and concerned about diabetes.

The MakeMeThinner Forum was not here yet and the available printed materials and resources were skimpy at best. There were but a handful of health advisors and they were not very accessible. Terry needed to lose weight, too and the two of us went on it together - that was so helpful but please know that there are many here that have not had the support of a partner and yet they have made it to the finish line. Their partners now think they are pretty special!

Blow him away as you melt away!

Link up with a few folks here who are starting at the same time and in a similar place weight-wise, check in weekly without fail on the Sunday Morning Roll Call, report your weekly weight loss - make yourself accountable to us.

Start a neighborhood support group - Terry and I started a small group (that's an oxymoron, eh?) at church for folks who wanted to lose weight. We met weekly - not all were Medifasting. One guy was on the Blood Type Diet and he gained about 40 pounds during the time we dumped 40 pounds! Solicit a walking partner - I used to walk around the campus parking lot at the college where I used to work with one of my co-workers.

Make a list of all the reasons why you want to lose weight. Determine to make no excuses. Nike it (Just do it) this time.

Don't let the nay-sayers keep you from reaching your goal. Do it for the health of it!

I'm :x stubborn and :hammerhead: bull-headed enough (ok, Unca Tim, no comments here!) that if someone tells me I CAN'T do something, the Frank Costanza voice inside my head says, "Oh, yeah? You wanna piece of me?" I just firmly plant my size 11 shoes in the dirt and show 'em that I CAN do it! :cateye:

On the Seinfeld Show, George once said, "For me to ask a woman out, I've got to get into a mental state like the karate guys before they break the bricks." That's exactly what I did when I started my weight loss program - I got into the karate guys mental state and I let nothing, nuthin' and no thing stop me from getting to my goal.

There were plenty of distracters and detractors, too in my life but I used my stubbornness and tenacity for good.

We believe in the program 100% and we believe in YOU!

Shake it up and shake it off! :cheers:

You CAN do it and we will walk beside you. :stroll: :stroll::stroll:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Kido » February 19th, 2006, 7:45 am

Welcome strivingsister. I am only a few days ahead of you, so I am more than able and willing to give support as a newbie.

I understand the support not coming from the home. My ex never wanted me to lose weight. He would do everything in his power to sabotage any weight loss program I did. I was successful with Atkins while married to him, as you can be with your hubby. I like you wanted to prove to him that I could, and would lose the weight.

This forum is great for support. Use it to lose it.
Kido
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby Lizabette » February 19th, 2006, 8:14 am

Hey Sis,

We're all just a bunch of 'strivingsisters' heading for the same goal line!

"If one can slay 1000, two can slay 10,000..." that mean's we're a TEAM and we can win the game together!

So, GO GIRL! Take all the good instructions on this post and let's get running. :runner:

We're with you all the way!

Lizabette
Lizabette :heart:
195/135 - Reached goal, Aug. 31, '06
Lizabette

Return to Come on in.