Supplements!!! How Many??

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Supplements!!! How Many??

Postby saraak » January 15th, 2006, 1:39 pm

Hey Guys,

I'm on the five and 1 plan. I've read in a few places to have 4 or 5 supplements a day plus your lean and green. Some days I really don't need that 5th one. Do I have to eat it or is this true you only have to have 4 OR 5 supplements. I've noticed a bit more weight dropping when I only have four as well. Thanks in advance for your help.

Sara
saraak

Postby sidrah » January 15th, 2006, 1:42 pm

I have had many days, especially this first week where I was too tired to stay awake and have anything else. I know I have read somewhere on here that people have had only 4 or 5 depending on the day. I do not know what is right, but I know that I have done it. Let's see what the others say!
sidrah
Preferred member

supplements

Postby Jan » January 15th, 2006, 6:21 pm

Hi Sara,
YOu need to have five supplements each day along with a "lean and green" If you fail to have sufficient caloric intake (ie don't eat enough)
your body will go into "self preservation mode" (thinks it's being starved) and refuse to part with any pounds at all. Plan Plan Plan your schedule so that you can get in all the supplements. :D It is very very important.
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby Hyperion » January 15th, 2006, 7:21 pm

I have to agree with Jan on that one.

Even if you eat 4 packets and feel lighter, or the scale is showing a better loss, keep in mind that the actual result of your actions will be seen later (3-4 days).

The self-preservation thingie Jan is talking about is true; don't mess with the program, losing less weight is a thing, but headaches, fatigue, etc is another. My GF did that with her VLCD diet, and she suffered those symptoms, along with cramps...

We have the chance to afford MF, and to be informed on this site. My best advice is that you follow the protocol; I found myself that even if I think less calories = more weight loss, on VLCD diets (ketosis), it sure doesn't work that way. All about balance!

Good luck and keep asking questions :D It certainly is helping others :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
264/150
Began: 2005-11-03
Finished: Never

Went to 150, then began gym to build some muscle; currently 173.8! (Need to cut some fat)

<b>Discipline is the art of choosing between what you want now, and what you want the most.</b>
Hyperion
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby DogMa » January 15th, 2006, 9:34 pm

I'm with everyone else on this. But one thing: If you need to, space the meals closer together, but don't double up and eat two at one time.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Nancy » January 16th, 2006, 12:34 am

Yes, the program is designed for us to eat 6 small meals a day spaced two to three hours apart, five of them are Medifast meal replacement packets and the 6th meal is the lean and green meal comprised of regular foods in specific proportions.

The Program came about because research has shown that to maintain stable blood glucose level and for the body to efficiently utilize stored energy reserves (fat) and to not store excess energy (fat), it is best to eat in this pattern.

It is very much like a balance scale, too – we don’t want to tip the balance too far in one direction and have more calories than needed which will result in hunger and cravings and a slower weight loss and we also don’t want to go just a skosh under and have this become a Very Low Calorie Diet. A VLCD must be under the direct supervision of a physician.

If you find that you run out of 'day' at the end of your day, then have your packets a little closer together so you can fit it all in. We don’t necessarily have our meal times by how our stomach feels, we do not rely on a growling stomach or hunger to tell us we must eat but rather go by the clock.

If you get up at 6 am and go to bed by 8 pm, then this would be your schedule:
6 am get up, stagger out
7 am meal packet # 1
9 am meal packet # 2
11 am meal packet # 3 or bar
1 pm meal packet #4 or bar
3 pm meal packet #5
5 PM Lean and Green Meal
8 PM zzzzzz

or 6 am get up, crawl out of bed
7 am meal packet # 1
10 am meal packet # 2
1 pm meal packet # 3 or bar
4 pm meal packet #4 or bar
6:30/7 PM Lean and Green Meal
9:30/10 PM meal packet #5
10:30 pm zzzzzz
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby MusicalMomma » January 16th, 2006, 9:06 am

WOW! This thread is SO informative!!!!

"We don’t necessarily have our meal times by how our stomach feels, we do not rely on a growling stomach or hunger to tell us we must eat but rather go by the clock."

Nancy, that statement really clicked for me! I never really thought of that before...So true! :yourock:
MusicalMomma
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Thanks all

Postby Saraak » January 16th, 2006, 9:11 am

Thank you all for your responses. I will make sure to change my schedule and get in all my supplements. :mrgreen:

Sara
Saraak

Return to Weight Loss