Having one of your supplements close to your meal??

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Having one of your supplements close to your meal??

Postby kelly1234 » February 2nd, 2005, 3:23 pm

Hello everyone,

Just wondering if I have had 3 shakes by say 4pm and I know we are going out to dinner for my lean and green meal, can I go ahead and have a shake before I leave?? Two reasons, (1) to curb my appetite, and (2) to get another shake in. What is the rule for this? I do all of the other meal replacements about 3 hours apart, but if I cant in the evening is this ok?? Thanks so much.
kelly1234

Postby raederle » February 2nd, 2005, 6:31 pm

Hi Kelly,

Having a shake right before a lean & green meal might not be ideal (best to space them out), but it is certainly better than not having that shake at all (i.e., having only 4 supps a day), and if it helps to keep you from ordering the bloomin' onion, I say go for it! (Especially if you only do this occasionally.) Do you eat out many nights?

And don't forget to drink lots of water at dinner, and have that final shake before you go to bed!

Cheers,
Rae
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle
Preferred Member - #10 Club

shake before dinner

Postby kelly1234 » February 2nd, 2005, 7:55 pm

Thank you for you reply. Unfortunately, due to my husbands job we eat out a good bit. So, if I space it at least 2 hours do you think that would be ok? Any other suggestions on eating out? I'm not too hungry so at least that helps :) Thank you again for helping out!!
kelly1234

Postby raederle » February 2nd, 2005, 8:45 pm

Oh, I think 2 hours before is perfectly fine... I was thinking you were gonna slurp and then jump right in the car!

As for eating out often, I would just caution you to be really wary about that. It is certainly possible to find stuff to eat that's legal as a lean & green meal at some restaurants, but it can be difficult (especially in the beginning) to tell the difference between 5 oz of chicken and 12 oz! Plus, you'll need to be specific in telling the waiter how you need your proteins prepared-- grilling/poaching/broiling, etc. with NO added oils or sugars. Same with veggies, which are often boiled in butter at restaurants, and salads-- whose dressings are usually either very fatty or very sugary, and which often come with croutons, bacon bits, tortilla strips... All the good (but illegal!) stuff!

Honestly, the best thing to do would be to eat out as little as possible. As you get the hang of portion sizes and think you can trust yourself not to overdo it, you could eat out more often, but you still just never can be 100% sure what the chef is doing to that meal before you get it (is the salmon marinated in a high-carb marinade, for example, before it's broiled???). Plus, it can be hard to resist picking at other people's plates, especially if appetizers are ordered! I'd just hate to see you have a bite here and there, or have just a bit too much fish or veggies, which could cause you to stall on the program and get frustrated... I hope that never happens! Bottom line, the less you eat out, the better-- but I know that's more easily said than done!

Can you give us an idea of where you guys go out? Maybe some of us know the places and can recommend some smart choices...?
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby RavenKat2 » February 3rd, 2005, 7:38 am

hey Kelly - one more comment. I believe the idea is to have 3 shakes before 2 pm (assuming you get up around 5-6-7 a.m.). That way you can probably fit the fourth one in.

You're pretty brave! I avoid restaurants at all costs! When I start thinking about restaurants, it means I'm thinking about eating. You must be one tough cookie - good for you! :D

Kat
RavenKat2
(259)245/207/165

*new id for inspiration*
RavenKat2
Trusted Member

Eating out

Postby kelly1234 » February 4th, 2005, 2:32 am

Thanks for the info guys :lol: As far as eating out, we usually go to places that are either "upscale" since we are taking business clients out or if the two children are with us we go to places like Outback or TGIF's. It doesnt bother me what others are having. I usually always get chicken or fish, once a filet and broccoli (never salad because of the dressings) If it looks like it's more than my fist, I only eat half. The other night we went to Carrabbas (THE BREAD SMELLED REALLY GOOD) but I am not interested in cheating, at least not yet. I have just ended my third week and find this to be very easy to resist the foods. I am a sugar addict (love sweets) havent cheated once and there are alot of things in this house for my girls. They are ages 5 and 3 1/2. I am serious about my weightloss but I need to live in the real world, otherwise I wont be able to make a "life change". So, I only hope that I can succeed. I am learning how to be around food and it doesnt bother me. This could all change ???? The people on this board are the greatest! I'm so happy to be part of it :D
kelly1234

Return to Come on in.