Sick from supplements

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Sick from supplements

Postby LoriHatesOkra » May 23rd, 2007, 11:19 am

Has anyone else gotten sick from them? It first started off with the shakes. The nutritionist thought maybe it was the amount of sweetener in them. Then eventually it was the soups, I think part of that was just that it got so hot that I couldn't stomach a hot bowl of soup and when I'd force it down it just wouldn't settled. I was down to eating a couple oatmeals, a bar and then my l&g every day. At that point it was ok but then the maple/brown sugar oatmeal started leaving a chemical like or artificial sickly sweet after taste in my mouth and that was making me nauseous. I stopped eating that and now it's to the point that I really can't eat any of the oatmeals. I loved the blueberry ones and was very shocked when I was getting nauseous after eating that one. I'm basically out of MF supplements that I can eat. I don't want to quit but I know I've learned a lot in the 2 months on the diet that will help me to continue losing weight on my own. I know my portions are now controlled and understand how far 2 tbsp of salad dressing really goes.

I guess my question is, has anyone else experienced this and is there a way around it? I really don't want to quit since I've had so much success. I've been so loyal to myself and haven't cheated and I feel like this is failure after such a good job of sticking to it.
LoriHatesOkra
Regular Member - #20 Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » May 23rd, 2007, 3:13 pm

This is so strange...

This came on suddenly after using the products for 2 months? I've had a couple things that I thought were too sweet for my taste etc, but nothing has made me sick!

Have you been to your doc to see if anything else is going on? Any chance of preggers? Had any problems with soy? Maybe try just the whey products? Tried the lactaid, it's helped some of the IBS people. Just throwing some ideas out there.

This sucks! I hope someone can find an answer for you!
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Mike » May 23rd, 2007, 3:26 pm

I would talk to the Doctor and have some tests done to see if there are any levels off. Might be that, or as Dede said... negative response to whey or soy.

SOunds as if something is off in the system chemically. You might need extra meals replacements also... just lots of possibilities.

As for the oatmeals.... ever tried them as cookies or panacakes... they have a different taste and consistency that way.

Hope you figure it out.
:|
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to Weight Loss