"Super Size It"

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

"Super Size It"

Postby LovenElvis » March 25th, 2006, 10:54 am

Ok, I watched that movie "SuperSizeIt", where the guy goes out and eats McDonald's three times a day for a month.

Ok, I think I have banned a lot of fast food! Not only the processing of the food was gross but his blood work after shorts amount of time!

They even go into details about our kids are eating in schools. It made me so :x . My kids pack there lunch everyday, cheaper and I know (I believe I do) what they are eating.

Laura
LovenElvis
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby falisamarie » March 25th, 2006, 7:14 pm

Yeah I will tell you that movie really really opened my eyes and made the fast food genre a little easier to resist!

I was shocked to see that even their healthy foods,ie,salads had sugar in them so I did a search and sure enough found that they grill their chicken using margarine!

Lisa :heart:
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Laura,

Postby dede4wd » March 25th, 2006, 9:19 pm

I've heard horror stories and am TERRIFIED to see it because I used to eat fast food AT LEAST 2x per day. I'm just so glad I can drive past those places now! Sounds like a good movie to motivate you NOT to cheat at a place like that (or at all), eh?

DeDe
We're winning, can't you tell?

P.S. My high school had a Taco Bell AND a KFC IN IT!!!! What wonderful things we're doing for our children, eh? Look how I turned out!
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby sidrah » March 25th, 2006, 10:01 pm

Re-watching it every once in a while won't hurt, either.

I watched it when it first came out and thought EWWWWW. I watched t again the other night and a few times this week. Haven't gone anywhere since. I figure all those places are the same

ahhhh gross to think about right now
sidrah
Preferred member

Postby LovenElvis » March 25th, 2006, 11:19 pm

OMG, can you believe that their chicken salad has almost or equal the calories that their double quarter pounder has!

My hubby and I were talking to our children about this movie and they never want another chicken nugget again!

We told them that on occassion it's ok to have something "bad" for you, however, you need to be smart about what goes in your body.

They are funny, they are 9 & 7..but they are reading labels like crazy to see if Mommy is following what is allowed.

Laura
LovenElvis

Postby Loribug » March 25th, 2006, 11:21 pm

Maybe we all wouldn't be in this shape if our parents were more nutrition savey

I grew up eating gravy and rice and pasta, fried this, fried that, vegetables fresh from the garden with lots of fat cooked in them. And don't forget the cornbread with the butter smeared all over it.
Last edited by Loribug on March 25th, 2006, 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Loribug

Postby Arklahoma » March 25th, 2006, 11:21 pm

I've seen the movie, also, and it is a real eye opener. Will really make you think, so if you haven't seen it yet, you really should.

Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby LovenElvis » March 26th, 2006, 7:00 am

Loribug, I have to agree! I grew up in the southern part of WV and just about everything I ate had to do with bread something fried!

Don't get wrong, we had our share of veggies (we grew them:) ) However what kept me in shape was spending my summers cutting wood and playing softball! Not to mention running up and down the hills:)
LovenElvis

Postby 2getskinny » March 28th, 2006, 2:32 pm

I bought the movie and I watched it and it made me SICK! I haven't had fast food since I watched it and my Girls haven't either. My One daughter had her friend over one night and her friend wanted Burger King and My Daughter said NO THANK YOU! And told her freind about the movie and then they watched it together. LOL! It opened my Hubbys eyes also.
2getskinny
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby LovenElvis » March 28th, 2006, 4:47 pm

My 7 year old son says that he doesn't want to eat McDonalds again!

He hasn't even seen it, but we told him about it.
LovenElvis

Return to The Weight Room