Sunday morning roll call: September 10, 2006

Join our weekly (Sunday) weigh in.

here i am

Postby rayray » September 10th, 2006, 8:01 am

Ok so even tho I have had the emotional week ever, and had chinese seaseme chicken one night, I am happy to say that I am down a full 5 pounds this week! Bringing me down to 185 and a total loss of 45 pounds!!!!! hope you all have a great week~ and only 5 1/2 more weeks til i get to go to texas~!~!!!!
rayray
Trusted Member - #50 Club

Postby mellowmom » September 10th, 2006, 8:33 am

Congratulations to all you losers, maintainers, and even teensy weensy bit gainers for being so honest and supportive of each other as we go through the wonderful world of weight loss together.

A special shoutout to Kendra!!! Twelve pounds in the first week. You go girl!!!

I've got nothing to report, because the two places I'm visiting don't have scales!!! I'm going through a bit of withdrawal. May have to go visit Target or Costco and check out their scale department :?

Carmel
Shaken AND Stirred
3/24/06
5'8" 334/213/165
Re-started 1/7/09
5'8" 325/165
mellowmom
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby Sarya » September 10th, 2006, 8:33 am

Well I was down more, but I woke up with some bloating I guess. I'm down a half a pound this week.
Sarya
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Jen » September 10th, 2006, 8:46 am

I am down .5 this week, my smallest loss ever. Luckily, I understand about fluctuations, water weight, plateaus, etc from reading this great forum so I am hardly discouraged. I also feel thinner and know I have been on track all week with my MF and water intake so no worries.

I weighed in the middle of the week and I was down 2 pounds, but today (when I normally weigh) it was just the darn .5! I am considering weighing every morning and keeping a more detailed graph so I can see the particular fluctuations that are normal for my body.

Congrats to all the big losers and of course the maintainers and accountables.

As always, coming back and reading this forum is a huge help. This kind of support is a fundamental part of my success.
Start date: 6/22/06 : 36 : 5'7" : 262/190/140
Jen
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby beeah_b » September 10th, 2006, 8:47 am

Hi fellow losers! I am happy that after a icky week of TOM woes, today I was down 3lb from last Sunday. Keep up all the great work folks :goteam:
Going to restart Jun 2009, been gone since after surgery Oct06. Can't wait !
beeah_b
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby Drama Queen » September 10th, 2006, 9:24 am

Good Morning!!

CONGRATULATIONS to everyone for being accountable this morning. I am continually inspired by your losses and dedication to MF and this journey!!!

:goteam:

Reporting from Maintenance Land...all is well and I am actually 4.4 pounds down from my goal of 148 this morning (after one month and one week of reaching goal). You can read more about my Transition/Maintenance Journey under the Maintenance thread.

:goteam:

Keep up the amazing losses and you all will be at goal in no time!!
Start Date 1/22/06
Age 53 / Height 5'9"

Drama Queen
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby BerkshireGrl » September 10th, 2006, 9:42 am

:wave:

It's great to see everyone posting this morning! :D

(Much thanks also to the Maintainers who are sticking around and giving us all lessons in how to do it!)

I got back on MF on Thursday -- and after 3 days -- I am down 6 pounds! WHEE!

Water weight mostly I'm sure but still it's less poundage on ze bones! :lol:
BerkshireGrl
Preferred member

Postby BerkshireGrl » September 10th, 2006, 10:16 am

Nova wrote:Don't know how much was due to going to a pub last night. I was fairly good. I had a spinach salad with grilled shrimp, but they added a lot of pine nuts and gorgonzola, and I love pine nuts.

Now Nova, you say in your journal that you added them to the salad after they forgot to add them ;)

Nova wrote:They forgot to put on the pine nuts and gorgonzola cheese, and I wanted at least a little bit for extra flavor because otherwise the salad was very boring. So they brought me out a couple of small cups of nuts and cheese. Oh man. I could resist the pizza, but I ate all the pine nuts and half the cheese.

Step away from the gorgonzola and nobody will get bloated! :lol:

Yes, I looooove cheese too, but man, I puff up like mad when I eat it! :D I think you too might share this predilection...
BerkshireGrl
Preferred member

Postby RUCHEERFUL » September 10th, 2006, 10:23 am

:D Everyone's dedication is so motivational!!

Reporting-in 2 pounds lighter this week!!!
:D
Peace,
Rue

Start Date: 6/10/06, 5'9"

RUCHEERFUL
Regular Member - #40 Club

Postby JKSRN » September 10th, 2006, 10:31 am

Down 2# this week~~ ;)
Joan
JKSRN
Preferred member

Postby cyn » September 10th, 2006, 10:56 am

Congrats to all who are losers, maintainers, new clubbers and those who are still hanging in there!! I am happy and shocked to say I am down 5lbs for the week. :thumbup:
start 8/26/06

cyn
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby alpha femme » September 10th, 2006, 11:13 am

well, i've been stalled again for weeks-- and i've only lost 7# over the last month. :cry: terrible since i haven't been cheating, even in vegas....

today, however, i woke up 2.5# lighter and weigh in at 247.5.
alpha femme
Preferred member

congratulations all!!

Postby Ginabobina1969 » September 10th, 2006, 11:34 am

Way to go all!!!

I didn't post last week but have no loss to report. I am still at 197 and seem to be maintaining for now...which is totally expected even am congratulating myself for it because I haven't really been on mf for the past two weeks. :shock: Still reaping the NSV's of people not recognizing me and shocked looks. :D On 9-12-06 I celebrate 1 year smoke free and really I do feel like a new person, not quite where I want to be but wayyy closer to that person, then I was a year ago. :-P I did place a big order and as soon as it gets here I am back to the basics and I expect to be a big loser(again), in my near future :lol:

Hubby is at 244 but even with his weight loss sort of at a stall or bouncing around a bit. He is a diabetic and was threatened with being put on insulin shots before he started this program. He started and has yet to have to take ANY diabetic medication even the oral meds he had been on(or any of his other meds, blood pressure, cholesterol). His A1C test in two months dropped from 7.9(BAD!) to 6.8 which anything under 7 is good(I think thats what Doc said) but still Hubby needs to aim for under 6 according to his dr. I was there and let me tell ya, the Dr was absolutely giddy over the success of this plan...even NOT at "optimal" results.

Keep shaking, through ups and downs, falls off the wagon or not. The ultimate goal is to change your eating habits and food choices and you can only do that with continuing to try. Believe in yourself!
Hugs,
Gina
Last edited by Ginabobina1969 on September 10th, 2006, 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Previously...02/16/06 BMI-50 276/188
Restart....03/31/2008 -failed
Restart 03/26/09 280/267 Failed
Restart-Awaiting order. I cannot even bear to post my current weight...yet.
Ginabobina1969
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby DogMa » September 10th, 2006, 11:40 am

Still maintaining. I didn't drop below my goal as much as the other recent maintenance folks, but I'm guessing that's because I'm working a lot more on building muscle than they are (and heck, I had so much trouble losing on the plan, I'm not all that surprised that I'd stop losing as soon as I stopped). I'm developing some major guns, and my quads and hamstrings are hard as rocks. Woo hoo!

My concern, as always, is my metabolism. It was slow when I started, and it's still very slow. I'm only up to 900-950 calories, and even with all the exercise, I seem to gain if I go over that. I know it's supposed to stay slow for a few months after going off Medifast, but I sure hope it speeds up at some point.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Feels soooooooo good...

Postby LAwoman » September 10th, 2006, 12:37 pm

It feels so good to be back on MF!!!!!!!!!!!!
Never would have thought I'd say that about a diet, but in 6 short days I already feel better.

Just shy of a week and 9 lbs. are already gone. What a motivating way to start.

The losses will slow down, but I'm excited to reach my first goal, which is the higher number on the height/weight scale, and then go from there.

Way to go fellow losers. We're all here being accountable and working towards making ourselves healthier, and a little hotter to boot from the looks of things in the studio forum ;)

Keep it up!!!
:cheerleader:
LAwoman
Preferred member

PreviousNext

Return to Roll Call