Sunday Morning Roll Call January 8, 2006

Join our weekly (Sunday) weigh in.

weight

Postby deecee » January 9th, 2006, 10:21 am

hello all
long time no post. i re-started on tues. and i've lost 6# this week - that's 2# less that pre-holiday weight. i'll have my offical one week weigh-in tomorrow.
it's good to see so many losers back on track :D :D :D :D
dee
[[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
deecee
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Postby Lizabette » February 12th, 2006, 11:40 am

I have just finished a full month (30 days) on MF and my weight has dropped from 195 pounds to 177.2 today. That is 17.2 pounds! As you see, that averages out to a little over four pounds a week. I’m thrilled, as I sip my steaming mug of cappuccino and coffee.

Please allow me to explain to you all what an amazing time of learning this has been for me. I have come to believe that my body knows exactly what it takes to keep me healthy and how fast or slowly it wants me to lose. As long as I follow program, and exercise what I can---walking 30-40 min. almost every day---and drink the water, a true pattern emerges of just how much I should weigh, and how I should feel.

A software program I use records my daily weight, and also does a lot of other configurations for me. It also pretty well accurately tells me what to expect daily. It is telling me now that I may have to give back a little weight this next week. Maybe I can prove it wrong or maybe not! Whatever. It is what it is supposed to be. Last week the scale fluctuated several ounces up and down, while my body was adjusting to whatever it needed.

I do not think this is for everyone, but I weigh each morning on an accurate digital scale It doesn’t bother me to see the numbers moving ever so slightly up or down, until it eventually settles on where it should be. It works for me, but again, perhaps, not for everybody. I am beginning to marvel at what wondrous machines our bodies are.

This MF program, which I trust implicitly, has been studied and proven over a long period of time, so I must take at face value that it is accurate and correct and will keep me healthy and give me the results I want.

I’m 76, (unbelievable to me when I say it.) and my 60th wedding anniversary is coming up in October. Before I started MF, Bill would say to me, “Where is that 16 year old girl I married?”

Well, I want him to see her at our 60th celebration! That will be my anniversary gift to him. By the way, he is my staunchest supporter every step of the way, first only to the fabulous MMT team and of course, you all!

Realizing that one-month does not an expert make, here are a couple things I have done:

First I consulted my doctor who approved the diet program and offered to monitor it as often as I wish. I keep the Daily Success Plan journal provided by MF and enter everything that I eat, weight, activities,etc. I do tweak the foods and menus for variety, staying within the boundaries that have been set by MF. Importantly,I am learning maintenance as I go along, because I‘ve decided that this is a lifetime commitment, and say to myself, “This is what I can do after I reach goal” Mmm, mmm, Good!

I worry when I hear or read that someone is just going to hurriedly lose the weight and then everything will be hunky dunky! I kind of want to say, “No, no, baby…it’s really just the beginning!” Or this: “I’ll try it for a few weeks to see if it works for me”. Well, of course, it works, but only if there is a strong commitment to make it work. It has to be:“I will do it and that’s that! And I’m sticking to my story!” Or this one: “ I want to lose yea many pounds in two weeks or I’ll go to something else!” Honey, you’re not ready yet!

When you are sick and tired of being unhealthy and the doctor says you must lose weight or risk dying or become incapacitated at an earlier age---no matter how long it takes. Then you are ready! And you will find a program that you can live with and hold fast to, making it your number one priority until you have reached your precious goal!

Fantastic promise, children!

Lizabette :heart:
195/135 - Reached goal, Aug. 31, '06
Lizabette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Previous

Return to Roll Call