Sunday Morning Roll Call January 23, 2005

Join our weekly (Sunday) weigh in.

Sunday Morning Roll Call January 23, 2005

Postby LongWay2go » January 23rd, 2005, 5:50 am

Hello everyone, Spidey's back finally! I have not abandoned you and will try to do some catching up today. After 5 weeks away on vacation and working trips and another vacation, I have finally returned.

My weight this morning was exactly what it was at last weigh-in even though I have been off the plan the entire time, until this Monday when I went back on. I flew in last Sunday night and went right back on full-fast the next morning. Surprisingly, I did not suffer the "hungries" this time like I did on my first start back in August. For that I am very thankful and also very thankful that I did not put on weight during my month away. Well, not enough that one week on the plan didn't remove anyway! I did a tentative weighing on Monday morning just to get an estimate of where I was and seemed to have put back on 6 pounds, but Mr. Scale was being difficult. Every time I stepped on it seemed I weighed a little more or little less, so I decided to give it the week to "stablize" and do an official weigh in this morning. That turned out to be the right choice for me and now I see a glimmer of hope too, that when I go on maintenance the things I have learned here will help me to keep the weight off that I have fought so hard to lose. There is some motivation for you! How many diet plans can make THAT claim?!?

The official weather forecast says that my little town has 20" of snow so far from "The Blizzard of 2005" with the potential of another 10". We'll see! I have far more than 20" in my yard, that'll I'll guarantee and I'll post some pictures later today if possible.

Wishing you all lots of success today and will, as I said, be trying to do some catching up around here!

huggz,
Spidey
08/06/2004
on hiatus until "Vic the Vac" goes away!

WARNING: Don't try this at home, kids...
Euphoria may result!
Is this fun, or WHAT?!?
LongWay2go
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby Triskets » January 23rd, 2005, 6:43 am

Good Morning To you! Good Morning to You! We're all in our places with sun shiny faces cause today is weigh in day! :D :D :D :D :D :D

I'm down another 3.5 pounds for a grand 3 week total of 15.5! Yep I'm on my way! :exercise: :exercise: :exercise:

Good luck to all! :hi5:
Trish
Pound by pound my weight is coming down!
Start over 2/9/2008
268/252
Triskets
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby mindovermatter » January 23rd, 2005, 7:34 am

Good morning all! I'm getting a little confused about what I should report, since my start date falls on a Thurs but roll call is on Sun. Anyway, 15 lbs total and 1 lb this week.

Have a great day! Beth
1/06/05
225/175/140

Jan - down 21 lbs
Feb - down 12 lbs
Mar - down 10 lbs
mindovermatter
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Postby Mrsshrinkinglady » January 23rd, 2005, 8:51 am

Good Morning All!
Spidey, So glad to see you back!! That is very encouraging to see how well you did off plan for that amount of time!! We missed you here!
Beth, Great job!! I started on a Monday and I report my weight Sunday to Sunday and keep my journal from my actual start date of Monday to the following Monday. Keep up the great work!
Triskets, Great job to you as well!!! Can you imagine any other plan where you could lose that much in 3 weeks?? Keep up the great job!
Well as for me I had one of those slow loss weeks, for no apparent reason but I will be happy to report a 2.5 pound loss this week.
That takes me to 62.5 pounds lost in 14 weeks!!
I know that I will even this out with a bigger loss than normal in a week or so, as this has happened before. The key is not to panic just to stick to plan and keep focused on the goal!
By the way I have met and exceeded my goal of 50 pounds by my birthday on this coming Saturday( Hit 60) and have a new goal of 75 gone by our vacation trip to Florida on March 10!
The really BIG news is that I now shop for tops in the regular Misses
sizes and XL are fitting comfortably and at times loosely!! That is a HUGE
exciting thing to me as I don't have to hit the plus sizes anymore !!
I have gotten a few really cute tops on winter clearance for $5!!
When I started this diet I wore a 3-4X top and a 26-28 pant
Now I am in size 16 or XL tops and size 18 pants!!
MF works and I smile everyday when I get dressed now!
I have a ways to go yet but I KNOW that I will do it with a smile on my face!!
God Bless and a GREAT MF week to all our members!
Shrink aka Mary
324/261.5/180
Mrsshrinkinglady
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby 24KaratGold » January 23rd, 2005, 9:48 am

Hey Gerald, that's inspiring to know! It's good to see you back here. You left on vacation before I stumbled in, but I've read so much of the board, so many of the old posts, that I feel like I've been there for your journey. I'm so glad you are back -- I have been looking foward to getting to know you.

Now -- my weigh in today was 247.5, and that's down 3.5 pounds from last Sunday, and 22 pounds since I started on January 3! Move me up, Unca! Yay!! Triskets, you and I started the same time, I guess -- and Mary's right: where else could we have lost this much weight in so short a time?

I have calculated that if I can average 3.5 pounds per week, I can be below 200 just in time for my birthday (literally the Sunday before!) on May 3. I don't know if that's possible, but it sure is something to keep as a motivating factor.

I love this!
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Wow Inspirational

Postby Joan Roman » January 23rd, 2005, 12:17 pm

Wow everybody is doing awesome! :D Big news for me...I ordered the scale and hopefully will get on it when it comes! So I hope to be able to report something maybe next Sunday! I know I'm a loser...cuz my clothes tell me so! But gotta face the scale sometime to set some real goals.

Great job everybody!
Joan
Joan Roman
Trusted Member

Postby Carrie » January 24th, 2005, 6:14 am

I'm not weighing in this week - driving myself crazy with the scale - but I'm still here!

Good job everyone!
Now: 2/5/07: 233.6/220.0/145
1st time: 3/1/04, from 266.5 to 195.4
Carrie
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby raederle » January 24th, 2005, 6:53 am

Hi everyone-- you're all doing so great! Congrats! I'm posting another loss myself-- hard to believe. At the end of week 3, I'm down another 3 pounds, for a total loss so far of 14. Yay! And that's including a Sunday of having friends over for football-- friends who brought chips, doritos, cheese dip, a cheese log, and mozzarella sticks. (Enough cheese, or what??? Some friends!!!) I had a veggie burger patty and a salad with seltzer water. Washed it down 3 hours later with a MF hot cocoa and more water. They thought I was nuts, I'm sure, but who cares? I won the battle! No cheats!!!

Happy Monday...
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby itsgonnaworkthistime » January 24th, 2005, 11:02 am

Weigh to go Everyone,

After 13 days I am down a total of 17.5 pounds. So that is 7.5 pounds this week. Its amazing how well this plan works. It is rare that I am hungry and when I am, its because its time to eat.
Keep it up everyone.
Start Date: 1/2/2007
itsgonnaworkthistime
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Nancy » January 24th, 2005, 12:27 pm

Wowee Zowee!

Yes, you are on your weigh now!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby bk » January 24th, 2005, 12:43 pm

IGWTT - that's *awesome*! Really really awesome! Hi five girl! I'm on my 13th day today, but I'm going to stick with my Wednesday weigh-ins.

So for my first week, I knocked off ten pounds, and hopefully a couple more for my upcoming second week! [After my week one weigh in my weight went up up up, and sank back down, for no particular reason at all! I am completely 100% on the program, so I'm not stressing.]

Rae - I had a friend over for the football game last night (GO PATS!) and before he came over I had started the process of making my chili (as we all know, it kind of takes a long time to get those beans soft!). I ate my chili, he ate a box of cheez-its (!!!). Rae - what is it with football and cheese?!

Anyhow, I'm going to wrap this up, because I'm eating the chocolate pudding now and my cat is INTENSELY interested in it. Go figure!
BK
bk
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby sister » January 24th, 2005, 4:23 pm

I was away the last 5 days and really missed my reading time. The boards keep me going. Everyone is doing so great!
I lost six pounds this last week - even while traveling. I was worried I had too much "real" food.
So, that makes 15 pounds in 2 weeks! I am sooo happy :yippee: !!

Thank you everyone for the inspiration!!!
sister
Trusted Member - #60 Club

Postby Nancy » January 24th, 2005, 8:18 pm

SIX pounds? WOW-WEE!!! And people wonder if Medifast works!

So proud of you, Sister! Keep it up - drink all your water and have your Medimeals on time - every three hours!

:cleader: :cleader::cleader::cleader::cleader::cleader::cleader:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby raederle » January 25th, 2005, 6:57 am

bk wrote:Rae - what is it with football and cheese?!

LOL!!! Great question! Maybe there's some subliminal messaging from the American Cheese Board woven in between the frames of all NFL broadcasts...

Go Pats!!! Go (away!) Cheese!!!
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Triskets » January 25th, 2005, 7:47 am

It's not just the football and cheese - it's also the beer and chips that go along with the cheese and football. Have food commercials dictated what we should eat/drink while watching sports? ARE WE BRAINWASHED?!?!?!
The power of the media...
Trish
Pound by pound my weight is coming down!
Start over 2/9/2008
268/252
Triskets
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Next

Return to Roll Call