Summergirl

1 Thread per registered User.

Summergirl

Postby summergirl » March 24th, 2008, 12:42 pm

My story-
I was of "thin to normal" weight as a kid, until my parents got a divorce at the ripe ol age of 9! My mom and I moved (in the country) nearby a small little market, which my best friends family owned. We'd go in and raid the store and get "Free candy bars". I struggled off and on always being just "Slightly" overweight throughout school. In high school, I was a big fan of the "NO FAT" diet and my best friend and I would sit in the hall and share a sleeve of saltine crackers and a huge bottle of water! I always hovered right around 150 pounds during those late high school days. (Which was heavy for a high schooler)

After a devastating breakup with my "high school love" in the fall of 1996 (Age 20), I dropped down to my adult low-137 pounds. At this weight, I was told daily how unhealthy and too skinny I looked. I have a narrow face and I looked gaunt. Interestingly, at that time in my life, I was still finding flaws-"my hips are wide, my butt looks big, I hate my arms". I slowly crept back up into the 180's and got together with my first husband. We had a baby and an unhappy marriage. He didn't want anyone looking at me and encouraged me to eat garbage, and sabotaged my efforts, telling me daily that "HE" thought I was beautiful. All this while I ballooned up to 237 pounds at my all time highest... From the time I MET him, to the time we divorced, I gained 100 pounds! I was astonished and embarassed of myself. I lived in Sweatpants and BIG shirts. Avoided going out in public as much as I could.

After my divorce, (2003) I began Atkins. I lost consistently on Atkins, getting all the way down to the low 160's, but generally hovering in the 170's. I did weight watchers to get down to 167, but was unable to "keep it there" without consistent point watching... I got back up to 177 and stayed there for quite some time. Late 2006, I became pregnant with my second daughter and got married shortly thereafter. My hubby is such a wonderful man, but I have "issues" with the fact that his ex wife was a small/thin person, which makes my weight problems even more bothersome.. When all was said and done with the pregnancy, my highest weight was 213 the day I had her. I was happy it was less than 237, but I knew I had a lot of work to do.

Upon Breastfeeding, with BOTH girls, I ended up gaining weight. After giving birth this time, I went down to 192 or so, only to START MF weighing 201! I am willing and able at this time in my life to continue using the MF products to some extent throughout my life. I figure if I'm going to have a snack, it might as well be healthy. :mrgreen:

I began MF on Tuesday, March 11, 2008. Today is Monday, March 24, 2008 and as of this morning, I am down 11.1 pounds and feeling great!
summergirl
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby Mickeyz » March 24th, 2008, 12:58 pm

Hi Summergirl

Welcome. Sounds like you are ready to do this!

I know what you mean about finding flaws with your body even at a low weight. I look back at photos when I was nearly too thin and I always thought I needed to lose 15 lbs. Learning to accept ourselves at a healthy weight is half the battle!

Good luck, I look forward to your progress!
Reached Goal Nov 2007 61.5 lbs lost
Gained 11 lbs in Mexico 3/08, decided to lose that along with another 5 lbs!
Mickeyz
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Tawanda » March 24th, 2008, 1:14 pm

Welcome!
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda

Postby Unca_Tim » March 25th, 2008, 5:03 pm

Great start SummerGirl,
Glad you found us.
Keep us posted....:)
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Maisy » March 26th, 2008, 6:05 am

Great to meet ya SummerGirl...I lived in KFalls as a teenager, that whole parent divorce thing brought me there. Funny, I hate the fact that my husband of 10 years ex is thin too! lol Glad you are here, remember, get to the place you either are happy with or health profs say is healthy. Hopefully they will be one in the same.
Maisy
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby summergirl » March 27th, 2008, 1:28 pm

I am happy to say that I am down a total of 12.4 pounds as of this morning. I must admit, though-I was DYING for fajitas. So, we went out last night and had fajitas. I ate the meat, peppers, onions and put lettuce all over the top of them. No Tortillas, of course! ;) But.... I got home and realized that onions are not on the list!!! :cry: So, I stressed out, shared some freaked out text messages with my health coach I calmed down. I had lost this morning, so I hope I will be ok with it! :mrgreen:

I will just keep on going with it, though. I put on pants today that I purchased August of 07, right after I had my baby with the "hopes" of wearing them sometime. THEY FIT!!! I didn't end up wearing them to work, but what an encouragement that was. In addition, this is the first day I'm not wearing MATERNITY panties!!! It's been awhile and I'm happy to have ditched them! :D
summergirl

Postby dede4wd » March 27th, 2008, 1:55 pm

Hi,
Nice to meetcha! Sounds like you're off to a great start!

Don't beat yourself up over the fajitas! Onions are better than some things you COULD have had there, you are making the smartest choices you can!

Yay on the pants! What a great NSV!

D
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby summergirl » March 28th, 2008, 6:34 pm

I am still doing well! I am down now, a total of 13.6 pounds! I am so happy about it! Things just feel great, and I want to tell everyone I know about how great it is!

Yahoo! :mrgreen:
summergirl

Postby ChynnaDoll » March 28th, 2008, 7:53 pm

Hello Summer! I just read your first journal entry and see that you are a fighter for what you want :-P you WILL successfully reach your goal because you WANT to be at a healthier weight and live a healthier lifestyle. We all have our little ups and downs but we hop right back on the wagon:+) WELCOME to you. I am so glad you are here with us...and CONGRAT'S on being 13.6 pounds down in such a short time...that's GREAT!! By the way, i'm Chynna..lol! Good luck to you girl!
ChynnaDoll
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby lifelovinaries » March 28th, 2008, 9:28 pm

congrats on your 13+ pounds summer. Keep stickin with it and it only gets better! :cheers:

restart: 01/04/10
lifelovinaries

Postby katieb920 » March 29th, 2008, 5:47 am

Way to go Summer. Hope you have a great weekend.
Katie
katieb920

Postby summergirl » March 30th, 2008, 8:55 am

Interesting the way things work.... I went to Izzy's for dinner with the hubby on Friday night. I had salad and chicken. I removed the skin from the chicken, but was still nervous with the manner it had been cooked... I also drank over 80 oz of water on Friday. On saturday morning, I was sad to see that the scale was up a bit. (about 1.5lbs) Not sure if the water or chicken was to blame. But it certainly makes me a little more interested in eating at home so that I know exactly what is in everything I'm eating!

I ate only things I was "sure" of yesterday and that 1.5 lbs is gone. Still holding steady at 13.6 pounds down. The end of my first three weeks is Tuesday, so I hope to have a wee bit more weight loss in the next few days to share on my 3 week anniversary!

Kinda bummed, that I essentially haven't lost anything in the past few days.. :roll: But, at least it came back off. That is a good thing in itself. I just have to keep better control over who's cooking my food I guess!

My friend and I (Who are doing MF together) have our wedding anniversaries in May. We have the goal of a new outfit prior to that date. I'm confident we will do it. She is down 15 in her first three weeks, as well. It was pretty neat to be with her when she weighed. She had tears in her eyes at the weight loss. It's the lowest she's been since she had her first child (She has three, now!). This program is awesome! :mrgreen:
summergirl

Postby dede4wd » March 30th, 2008, 1:53 pm

That's so awesome!

I'm so glad you have a friend to do the program with, how exciting!

Because of my job, I have to roll the dice a lot at restaurants for my L & G...don't sweat the momentary gain, just keep on keeping on! You're doing so great!

I see a GREAT new outfit in your future a size or two smaller than you are now! Cool!
dede4wd

Postby 340-6-pack » March 30th, 2008, 9:08 pm

AS stated dont worry about small gains if you are weighing EVERY day as there will be up's and downs....I just like to weigh once a week to see the total LOSS for the week! when you get to maintance you might want to keep a closer eye on it!

Anyways GREAT JOB GIRL! :-P
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly,
Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

340-6-pack

Postby summergirl » April 7th, 2008, 8:24 am

I've been struggling with that scale! I have got to find a way to stop weighing so often, geez!!!

I hope to be better about it. My clothes fit looser, that should be enough! I have been trying to make sure and weigh and measure everything to be absolutely sure that I am right where I ought to be. I am almost to the end of my 4 weeks and am just "shy" of 15 pound loss. I was hoping for 20 lbs by April 11th-my official one month... But, that's a bit much to hope for this week, I think...
summergirl

Next

Return to My Journal