Summergirl

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby summergirl » May 19th, 2008, 1:12 pm

Hi guys! I had what might be a little NSV today...sort of! I've not been on much, lately because I have not been feeling too well.... I've been really nauseated/weak/tired, lately and haven't been feeling up to doing much of anything.. :oops:

I have still kept up a significant craving for fruit (melons, berries, and apples, in particular) and turkey sandwiches on whole grain breads, so life could certainly be worse... I'm not complaining with the choices my body is making.

I had my first baby doc appt, today. I weighed in at 184 today at the appt. I filled the doc in on my Medifast history, etc... as to my hopes of (once I can "Stomach" the food again) to try to have some MF meals in each day... So, they asked what my weight was prior to my pregnancy. I told her I started MF on March 11th, and my weight then was 201. So, in my chart, it looks like I've been losing! ha ha ha. That entertained me. And, on top of it-according to the Dr. Scale (Which we all know to run high- 8) ha) I am only up .9 pound since discontinuing MF. So, I was happy with that. It makes me up 7 pounds since my pre-preg weight last year. And although, I was hoping to get back down to that WHILE pregnant this time, I can't complain about the way things are going. I'm 9 weeks along, today and due date is 12-22, in case I hadn't posted that before! :mrgreen:
summergirl
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby Diana » May 19th, 2008, 1:28 pm

Way to go, Summer!!! Here's to a healthy pregnancy for both you and your baby! :cheers:
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby vcille » May 19th, 2008, 4:48 pm

COngratulations!!!!!!!! on both a healthier you and your soon coming arrival of your bundle of joy!!

Way to go of having a plan to not gain too much weight while pregnant. Too many people (including me) just took it as an excuse to eat. I wan't extremely indulgent but could have done better

vicki
vcille
vcille

Postby cydj21 » May 19th, 2008, 6:26 pm

Hi Summer! :D I am so glad you checked in with us today!!! I am happy to hear things are going well thus far and that you're doing well to avoid excessive temptations this time around...I know you'd be upset if you gained a bunch of weight this time around, so it is great to see you staying aware and putting the health of you and the baby first. Thanks for stopping by my journal...I miss having you around! Looks like I won't hit my Memorial Day goal, but I am still happy with my progress so far. Hopefully I hit that 90# Club and then the 100# Club in short order. :D Come back and visit us again soon!
Cyd
Highest Weight - 271lbs in 2006
cydj21
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby DogMa » May 20th, 2008, 7:23 am

Hey, Summer. Sounds like you're doing great so far. Keep it up!!

And I posted that recipe in my journal, but here it is again, so you don't have to go looking for it.

Ingredients
1/3 cup low-fat buttermilk
1 tablespoon salt-free Cajun seasoning (such as Spice Hunter)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
2 chicken breast halves (about 1 pound), skinned
2 chicken drumsticks (about1/2 pound), skinned
2 chicken thighs (about 1/2 pound), skinned
Cooking spray

Preparation
Preheat oven to 400°.
Combine first 3 ingredients in a shallow dish. Place panko in a shallow dish. Dip chicken, one piece at a time, into buttermilk mixture; dredge in panko.

Place chicken on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Lightly coat chicken with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 40 minutes or until done, turning after 20 minutes.

Yield
4 servings (serving size: 1 breast half or 1 thigh and 1 drumstick)

Nutritional Information
CALORIES 206(16% from fat); FAT 3.7g (sat 1g,mono 1g,poly 0.8g); PROTEIN 31.7g; CHOLESTEROL 95mg; CALCIUM 39mg; SODIUM 439mg; FIBER 0.3g; IRON 1.2mg; CARBOHYDRATE 9g

Cooking Light, OCTOBER 2002
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby summergirl » May 20th, 2008, 1:48 pm

I wanted to share with you all that my "partner in crime" joined the forum, today. Her screen name is ne14sand (anyone for sand?) and she and I are friends, as well as members of the same atv club! Her real name is Heather and she started MF right around the same time that I did and she's still going strong!!! :mrgreen:
summergirl

Postby Diana » May 20th, 2008, 10:53 pm

We'll definitely be on the lookout! :)
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana

Postby cydj21 » May 28th, 2008, 2:24 pm

Hi Summer! How are things going? I don't believe I've seen too much of your buddy yet...hopefully you both check in soon! :D
Cyd
cydj21

Postby ne14sand » June 2nd, 2008, 2:18 pm

Summer I am so happy you are having a baby. This diet is al ittle harder with out ya. But I know I can do it. Once that baby is born and you are ready to start MF again. I am here for you. We still gotta strive to do a marathon. :D I think it would be fun.
ne14sand
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby katieb920 » June 8th, 2008, 5:35 am

Hola Summer

How are things going? How are you feeling?
Katie
katieb920
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby cydj21 » June 20th, 2008, 5:04 am

Hi Summer!

If you're still keeping tabs on us once in a while, I thought I'd see how things are going for you. I hope all is well for you and the baby! :D
Cyd
cydj21

Postby summergirl » September 6th, 2008, 9:20 am

I just wanted to check in...I've not been on here forever... :oops:
I've gained about 14 lbs so far through the pregnancy. I'm over halfway through, and the weight will come on more steadily in the end, so I've actually signed on to weight watchers online to help track my progress a little. I'm not going to totally "follow" it, but mostly use it as a guide...

I hope it helps!
summergirl

Postby nickieluv » September 6th, 2008, 6:29 pm

Wow, you are doing great! I gained 45 with my pregnancy - still hanging on to most of it. Can't wait to get back to MF and get it off. Congratulations!
nickieluv
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Previous

Return to My Journal