Summergirl

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby lifelovinaries » April 7th, 2008, 2:17 pm

just remember that even with compliance, MF sometimes requires patience. This plan has DEFINITELY taught me that. I have not stopped weighing daily, i have just come to accept the fluctuations, with time, you even see how normal they are and can just about guess what your weight will be before the scale shows the final number :mrgreen: Keep goin', it will come. The scale will only hold on for so long before it HAS to let go. Believe me, the scale blinks before we do. Compliance always has the last laugh.

restart: 01/04/10
lifelovinaries
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby summergirl » April 13th, 2008, 6:52 am

Thank you for the encouragement! I am feeling better about finally losing a couple more pounds!

I do a lot of meeting planning for my office, and we had an all day Friday/Saturday meeting the past few days. As the food was being brought into our room, I kept wondering why I picked such great food for everyone else to enjoy. ha ha :D I was a good girl and I am very proud of that! I totally survived and it wasn't painful. It was nice to have someone else make my lean and green for me, though! :mrgreen:

I am nervous heading into the premenstrual zone for the first time since I've been on MF-not sure how I will be affected. But I'm prepared for whatever it brings!!!!

It's great doing MF together with a very close friend-We met up at Target with our daughters (We have 5 between us!) to buy some swimsuits for them-I was shocked at how noticeable her weight loss is! She looked great, I couldn't get over it. And while out shopping, I ran into a friend I haven't seen for years, who kept telling me I hadn't aged a bit, and how "Great" I looked. I thought that was humorous, considering how heavy I've been lately! All in all, I feel it's been a good week! Yahoo!!! ;)
summergirl
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby cydj21 » April 13th, 2008, 4:00 pm

Hey Summer!

I'm glad you had a great week. That sounds like such a fun shopping trip with all of the girls! One thing I learned doing MF last time is that it definitely is an up/down process from time to time, but the cumulative results are so dramatic - as you're already noticing in your friend's weight loss. My best friend is also doing this with me but we live an hour+ away from each other, so we're sort of flirting around with when we should first meet up to check out our progress, because we're hoping it's quite dramatic. At any rate, glad to see you're making such good progress so far and I cannot wait to see your continued success. Have a great week!
Cyd
Highest Weight - 271lbs in 2006
cydj21
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby summergirl » April 16th, 2008, 8:02 pm

Poor me :cry:

I had a cookie on monday and today, and yesterday had a piece of chocolate, as well. I feel horrible and guilty!

I've got to get the stuff out of the house. I hope within the "next few days" that these cravings cease... I never really believed I had cravings, but I guess I was wrong. I love sugar and I would love to get it out of my life. That is one thing I will continue working on....

Hoping to get back on the horse and have a perfect day, tomorrow.

While we're at it, is there some sort of a benefit to not eating bars? I saw someone post that they are having "no bars"... Can this help jumpstart your weightloss? I love my bars, but sometimes it might not be such a bad idea to avoid them, if it is helpful. If anyone knows, please let me know! :mrgreen:
summergirl

Postby katieb920 » April 17th, 2008, 4:12 am

I personally feel the bar thing is all in the head. Last year When I lost a bulk of the weight I refused to eat the bars, and I think it was harder for me to stay on program. I have a bar everyday with my iced coffee @ 4pm. ANd by that time I am great. The time goes really fast for me at 4, I turn into super mom. And wouldn't you know it, it is time for the next supplement. Dont worry about the cookie, that was the past today is the present and tomorrow is the future. :wave:
Katie
katieb920
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby cydj21 » April 17th, 2008, 6:48 am

I also have a monstrous sweet tooth and those bars are my saving grace. Similar to Katie, I usually have them late afternoon. If earlier in the day I am seriously craving sweets (usually chocolate) I just try to push myself to just get to that bar and it does a darn good job of soothing that craving. I also strategically plan my pudding for my last MF meal in the evening because that is another sweet burst I can look forward to, and I find it really helps me avoid the urge to snack in the evenings while curled up in front of the tv.

Katie is right...just look forward and keep improving! You are doing fantastic. Long term - maybe consider fruit to help you with your sweet tooth. In between MF periods for me I concentrated on eating a few servings a day of low carb/calorie fruits like berries and it helped a great deal to keep away from ice cream, cookies, and cake which are definitely my greatest weakness. :D

I hope your week is going well overall. Don't beat yourself up - it's not worth it given all the good you are doing for yourself right now!
Cyd
cydj21

Postby lifelovinaries » April 17th, 2008, 2:25 pm

ok i figured i would chime in here... I think the real reason many people tend to lose faster without the bars is because of the higher carb content of the bars. However, the increased weight loss is not that significant when you are the type (like me) that sometimes depends on the bar to help get you through the day. On days when the hunger is extremely diminished, i just skip the bar. Recently, i have only had the bars if i feel they were absolutely necessary (extreme hunger, portability or craving for sweets). Yes, i do see increased weightloss without the bar but if i need it to keep me on plan, so be it! The weightloss will still come.

restart: 01/04/10
lifelovinaries
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby summergirl » April 18th, 2008, 1:15 pm

lifelovinaries wrote:ok i figured i would chime in here... I think the real reason many people tend to lose faster without the bars is because of the higher carb content of the bars. However, the increased weight loss is not that significant when you are the type (like me) that sometimes depends on the bar to help get you through the day. On days when the hunger is extremely diminished, i just skip the bar. Recently, i have only had the bars if i feel they were absolutely necessary (extreme hunger, portability or craving for sweets). Yes, i do see increased weightloss without the bar but if i need it to keep me on plan, so be it! The weightloss will still come.

I would like to get to the point where I don't need them so much, but as discussed-the really help me with my "sweets" craving. Plus, I look forward to "chewing something"!!! I cut it into many small pieces and savor it as I go! I do feel that my body tends to be carb-sensitive, but I hope to keep the bars in a consistent rotation! I also noticed (for me, personally) that those days I mentioned above where I struggled, I was out of bars! Not a coincidence, I don't think! So, for now to keep myself 100% OP, I will continue with the bars. Maybe some days I will remove them from my day and see how I do! I'd certainly rather have a Chocolate mint bar rather than another piece of see's candy, I can tell you that! ;)
summergirl

Postby katieb920 » April 20th, 2008, 12:47 pm

Just wanted to say that I love your Avatar. You have a great smile.
Katie
katieb920

Postby summergirl » April 20th, 2008, 3:55 pm

katieb920 wrote:Just wanted to say that I love your Avatar. You have a great smile.

Awwww, thank you so much! That was last spring at our wedding, we got married at the "elk camp" where my husband hunts every year! I was 7 1/2 months pregnant 8) But I was tan :mrgreen:
summergirl

Postby cydj21 » April 23rd, 2008, 8:27 pm

Hey Summer! Just checkin in on you this week. How are things going? Once again, it is still awfully quiet around here, but I wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you. 8)
Cyd
cydj21

Postby summergirl » April 23rd, 2008, 8:37 pm

Thank you! That's why I got on here, tonight. The board just seems so slow! It makes me sad when I log on and only one or two forums have new posts! Hopefully, we can change that!

I'm on day 3 of being a good girl, totally OP! So, I am feeling good and happy with myself. After all was said and done. I ended up with a gain of over 2 lbs last week. So, I've almost gotten rid of that. Although I was hoping to end up with an even 180 or 181 on sunday. Could be a stretch! We shall see! Thanks for checking in on me!
summergirl

Postby cydj21 » April 24th, 2008, 7:53 am

Glad you're here! I am also glad you're back on program 100% and feeling great. You know I have a sweet tooth like you - a massive one! I am also guilty as charged of the sneaking sweets when no one is looking scenario. I believe I've done that my entire life. Of COURSE it doesn't count if no one sees you eat it! Until you wake up at 271lbs, that is. :x Oh well, that's why we love MF. Those chocolate mint bars save my life! :D
Cyd
cydj21

Postby summergirl » April 24th, 2008, 8:49 pm

Oh wow. It with pure sadness I attend this session of my journal... I've continued to be a good girl and have been feeling great and totally on plan! But, my "TOM" was a wee bit late this month. (Only my third since I stopped breastfeeding my baby) I have taken three tests this evening and they are all positive. I was so excited to finally get down to a good weight, I am saddened by the timing. I would've seriously been "up for it" if I was down to 150... But, it's too late to grump around about it... I have gotta start planning. I feel bad that my 9 month old is going to not have much time to be "the baby"....

But I feel better having lost the amount I have lost. And I'm hoping to continue using my MF products for snacks, etc... Let's just say I'm sure it's a lot better for me than the garbage I ate throughout my last pregnancy....

I'm still in shock, but figured I would share in here, anyway. According to online pregnancy calculators, I am about 5 weeks along and due on December 22.....
summergirl

Postby katieb920 » April 25th, 2008, 4:08 am

Congrats..... That is such great news.

Summer Girl your mind set it really good right now. You will know how to eat. I think all of us here would love if you still write in your journal. We love you around here.

Congrats once again
Katie
katieb920

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal