Suggestions for feeding your family

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Suggestions for feeding your family

Postby mama2benandrachel » September 14th, 2005, 4:13 pm

Do you all have suggestions for feeding your family? I cooked a bunch of stuff on Sunday that all I have to do is take it out of the freezer or refrigerator. I'm not craving their food at all! When I get home from work, it is time for my MF meal, so I have soup and then I feed my family. What do you all do?
Take care and God Bless,
Judy <><

1st MF start: 9/9/2005
1st restart: 10/16/2006
2nd restart: 9/9/2007

mama2benandrachel
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Mommy2girls » September 15th, 2005, 5:40 am

Hi Judy,

I am on the MF 5&1 plan, so I almost always save my lean & green for dinner to eat with my family. My husband is also using MF and occassionally he or I will eat our L&G for lunch, but it is most often dinner.

We also serve that L&G to our girls. I will almost always throw in something more kid friendly, than meat & veggies, like Easy Mac or even just a slice of whole wheat bread with brummel & brown butter on it for them. It's hard to make a whole package of noodles or rice since they won' t eat that much. But usually they eat what we are having, even though they complain sometimes.

I eat lunch with my girls daily and sometimes they get soup right along next to mine (Campbells..not MF) and other times I made grilled cheese, hot dogs, etc. for their lunch. But we still always eat together.

Hope that helps you. Cooking/freezing ahead of time can be a real lifesaver when you really don't feel like cooking for someone else! I think that is a great idea!!!
Sheila

Maintaining a –45lb loss....

Mommy2girls
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Carbshateme » September 15th, 2005, 12:57 pm

Wait a sec... I was *supposed* to be feeding MY family?! Uh-oh......

:)
Carbshateme
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby Nancy » September 15th, 2005, 5:08 pm

Great ideas. Most everyone will benefit from a Lean and Green Dinner.

Selecting low fat foods for your children, preparing their meals by broiling, grilling, poaching and baking rather than deep frying, will help to develop good habits at their young ages. Include fresh fruit, more vegetables and milk. Sweet potatoes are easy to prepare - just poke them with a knife and bake. They provide fiber, Beta carotene and they taste great.

Lipton Chicken Noodle Soup has short noodles and looks similar to the Medifast Chicken Noodle soup and may be something you can serve your children.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Return to Come on in.