Our Family Crisis

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Our Family Crisis

Postby Nancy » November 17th, 2003, 11:27 pm

Hi, Friends ~

I just wanted you to know that I am not ignoring you. I have been away from home for several days. We got a phone call from my Mom Thursday, November 13th about midnight. My Daddy had a heart attack and was taken by ambulance to the hospital. He is in very critical condition and we have been living/sleeping at the hospital. We have a very small close family. My only sibling (a brother) lives about two hours from Portland, Oregon.

While this has been a stressful time for us, we have enjoyed the fact that we have a great relationship with one another. My Mom is 79 and has been holding it together quite well. Daddy will be 80 on November 28th, should he survive.

The portion of his heart that was affected cannot be saved using coronary bypass surgery. We have been told that often times the first 72 hours are the most critical, that sometimes other parts of the heart can take over for the part that is damaged or dead. It affected the lower and back part of his heart. Currently he is in the Intensive Care Unit on life support. The docs removed a helium-filled balloon pump from his heart this afternoon and may remove the ventilator this evening.

We have great confidence in his doctors and the superb nursing staff. We are reminded again of the fragility of life and the many blessings that are ours as we enjoy our family and friends.

Our faith sustains Terry and I and our daughter and son-in-law and we are grateful for all who are praying for us. My parents are not believers and this saddens us but we must trust that the God who created them will allow them more opportunities to know of His grace and goodness.

Thank you all for encouraging each other and for providing accurate information to the newbies! You do a super job of answering questions for one another.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Lois » November 18th, 2003, 5:28 am

Hi Nancy,

You, Terri, and your precious family are in my thoughts and prayers.

hugs :heart: :heart: :heart:

Lois
Lois
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Jeanette » November 18th, 2003, 7:39 am

Ditto what Lois said!
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Thoughts...

Postby explorthis » November 18th, 2003, 5:17 pm

As big of a lug as you might think I am, truly my thoughts and prayers are with you and your Family during this time...

-Mike
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby meredith » November 18th, 2003, 6:59 pm

Nancy & Terry,

My thoughts & prayers are with you during this difficult time.

You are not alone!

Meredith
meredith

prayers

Postby susan » November 19th, 2003, 2:33 pm

Terry and Nancy, my prayers our with you and your family.we;ll be remembering you all in our prayers.susan
susan
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to The Weight Room