Subway Salads

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Subway Salads

Postby bikipatra » November 11th, 2007, 4:34 am

I posted about this months ago but I guess it was not read or we have newbies who don't have the information. Months ago, I went to Subway to get a salad and asked how many ounces of chicken came on the chicken salad. They said approximately 2 ounces. Subway is very careful about portion control. So I had to triple the meat NOT double it as people are saying they are doing to get the adequate amount of protein for a L&G. That ended up costing me over 9 dollars which is robbery for a salad I could make very economically at home. Don't take my word for it. Go to Subway dot com. and look at the grams of protein in a salad.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Mike » November 11th, 2007, 7:16 pm

Actually.... in searching nutritiondata dot com and comparing it to what info I could find on the subway site, I found that the subway club salad with double meat probably is just over the serving for the lean. This doesn't work for the chicken I am sure, and possibly other meats, but the club does have 3 oz of meat (1 oz each of the turkey, roast beef, and ham). Ham and roast beef are actually supposed to go on 5 oz, and turkey on 7, so its possibly a little more than your lean.

Using this is a simple way to get an L&G if you are out and about withough going to a way overpriced restaurant.

Just trying to keep it simple actually.

:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby rodeomom » November 11th, 2007, 7:27 pm

JMHO, I would rather spend $8.99 at Ruby Tuesdays and get the salad bar with the Turkey Patty from the turkey sandwich YUM! Crumble that turkey over the salad and you have quite a meal.

I agree though - sometimes ya gotta work with what ya got and if Subway is what ya got well than....
09/21/07 - 12/21/07 Lost 80 Pounds Ankle Surgery 12-21-07
rodeomom
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Mike » November 12th, 2007, 12:18 am

True... the only reason that I brought it up a month or so ago was that I know Subway is pretty widespread and available in alot of areas.

Pretty much any "chain" type of restaurant, and in fact, most restaurants will have something available for your L&G, ya just gotta get familair with what you can and cannot have according to the QSG.

:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to Weight Loss