stuck on a plateau

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

stuck on a plateau

Postby Allie » September 6th, 2006, 10:10 am

I have been on MF for 5 1/2 weeks now and lost 14lbs, but seem to be stuck. my weight has not changed in a week and a half.

I have climbing class now, so I eat a bar before the class, and my L&G after. I drink tons of water, usually around 100 oz per day, and I only have the bars on climbing days.

What can I do to make the scale move down?

Allie
If you always do what you have always done, you will always be where you have always been.
Allie
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby hulagirlfromhawaii » September 6th, 2006, 11:44 am

Hi there! Is it a rock climbing class? How long is it and how much energy are you using (i.e heart rate, intensity etc) I'm not a health advisor, but what I've learned from my own experience is that my weight came to a stand still when I started exercising too much. The calories that we are taking in are so limited that our bodies will start holding on to energy resources (fat) to protect itself. Maybe you need to add a supplement on climbing days or make sure you have a supplement before your class.

Talking to a health advisor or PMing Nancy would be a good idea. Hope that helps... Keep shakin'! :thumbsup:
Kanani

165/146.5/125
hulagirlfromhawaii
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby alohacate » September 6th, 2006, 4:04 pm

Hey Allie girl, I think I am the scale stall queen..........*sigh*, you have been given excellent advise already - I would just add WATER to the mix. Hang in there I have gone 10 days to only lose a pound. Remember it took time to put the weight on - it will take time to get it off. I think they should change the name to "Medi-at-my-own-pace"!
Height: 5'10 Age: 38 Start Date:6/24/06
51 pounds gone forever -I'm bringing sexy back
alohacate
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Allie » September 6th, 2006, 4:55 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, medi-at-my-own-pace. Good one. :lol:
If you always do what you have always done, you will always be where you have always been.
Allie
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Return to Come on in.