Plateau after plateau after plateau

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Plateau after plateau after plateau

Postby BoPeep1 » June 17th, 2006, 9:54 am

I think I'm just venting more than anything.

I hit a plateau 4 weeks ago, then lost 2 pounds the next week, then hit another plateau. Then two good weeks and now another plateau!

These are seriously doing a number on my motivation to stick with this! I will stick it through, but boy, that urge to cheat is tempting.
-Brandi
Height 5'9"
Started MF on 4/3/06

BoPeep1
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby Aerie » June 17th, 2006, 11:47 am

Well cheating will certainly end your plateau. Of course it will probably move the scale in the wrong direction. Hang in there and don't cheat!!!
Aerie
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby SharonR » June 17th, 2006, 1:53 pm

drmj...wow isn't that the truth!

Yes Brandy stick it out! Let me tell you, I have cheated in the past and it's so not worth it. Not only will you have to lose this weight, but the 2 or 3 pounds that you gain.

:goofyjump:

Are you drinking enough water?
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

Start Weight 326.7 ~ My short term goal will put me at 250!

Started June 19th 2008. First Mini Goal 76.7 pounds.
SharonR
Preferred member

Postby Joelie » June 17th, 2006, 2:29 pm

:hug: Hugs to you Brandi!

Whatever you do...DON'T GIVE UP! You can get past this.

Have tried doing a full fast for a few days or even a week?
I have been full fasting just about this entire past week in the hopes of making it to ONEderland by tomorrows weigh in and it's REALLY easy!

I thought it would be difficult at first, but naw...it's a piece of cake...errr...Medifast bar! (yeah...thats it! ;) )
I'll be doing this with any plateaus I have. :thumbup:
Joelie
Preferred Member - #110 Club
Preferred Member - #110 Club

Postby falisamarie » June 17th, 2006, 5:30 pm

Hang in there Brandi and be sure to take your measurements. Maybe try upping the water a little and see if that helps flush the fat away.

We are all here for you and remember that I would guarantee that you are losing faster now than you would if you were on any other eating plan.

Vent anytime you need to.

Lisa
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby DogMa » June 17th, 2006, 5:55 pm

Brandi, maybe you could post what you eat each day and when? Are small extras creeping in every few weeks, maybe? Some of us are more sensitive to that kind of thing than others.

I tend to lose in fits and starts like that, too, fyi. But everyone's right; it's still faster than it was on other plans. Some of us just aren't lucky that way, and don't have the big, quick losses that others do.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Arklahoma » June 18th, 2006, 1:38 pm

Arklahoma

Postby Diana » June 18th, 2006, 3:47 pm

How's your body feeling, Brandi? Are your clothes getting loose? Do you have more energy than you did before?

I've stopped putting times on my goals. I have a series of them, but I know from past experience that I tend to give up if I don't make the goal in time. I can only create the conditions under which my body CAN lose the weight -- it, however, determines the rate of loss...depending on the conditions I've established. (Ok, kinda circular and third person, but it works for me.)

Someone has said somewhere on this forum that time will pass whether you lose the weight or not. If dates are important to you, perahps set a monthly one -- September might be too far off to keep you motivated.

Are you getting your water in? All you packets? A compliant L&G? What about snacks and other things? (For me, powdered creamer did me in.)

As Ark says, hang in there! This is about change! And such changes are neither easy nor immediate.
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby BoPeep1 » June 18th, 2006, 4:46 pm

I guess maybe I should answer some of these questions!

I am 100% compliant, the only thing I eat other than the L&G is an occasional snack of soy crisps.

No creamer (don't drink coffee), it's all water, flavored water, iced tea and lemonade - all 0 calories.

I am exhausted. I was exhausted prior to starting MF, but my diet was absolutely horrible and how much energy can one have at almost 400 pounds? Now it's back to that initial exhaustion.

I'm lucky that I was able to adopt the mindset that MF is my lifestyle. While I talk of cheating, when it's time to eat, nothing other than MF enters my mind. It's eating with my family that tempts me.

Dates aren't really that important, I just threw September out there because I couldn't think of another goal. The date is my birthdate and I want to go on a roller coaster, that's the weight I would be comfortable at riding on one.

I did have an NSV, I was able to wear a shirt today that didn't fit when I bought it (I know, jumping the gun a bit). I was able to fit into a misses 3x, which all us ladies know is smaller than a women's 3x. You could still see my stomach rolls (yuck) through the shirt (people thought I was pregnant!) but the shirt fit very well otherwise!
-Brandi
Height 5'9"
Started MF on 4/3/06

BoPeep1
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby DogMa » June 18th, 2006, 5:14 pm

That's great, Brandi! You just may be one of the people who loses in fits and starts like I do. But maybe when the scale's not moving, you're still losing inches. It sure sounds like it!
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa

Return to The Weight Room