plateau

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

plateau

Postby Erin » June 10th, 2004, 5:09 pm

I have been on the full fast program since Feb. 24, 2004. In that time I have lost 76 pounds. In the first week I lost 17 pounds and thereafter averaged 5 pounds a week. In the last couple of weeks my weight loss has slowed to about 2 pounds a week. My goal is to lose 120 pounds. Is it likely that I will see the 5 pound weekly losses that I have come to expect ? Is this a "plateau" or is it more reasonable to expect the rate of loss to slow now that I have been on the diet a while? I exercise 5 days a week to keep my metabolism going and I'm reluctant to change that part of my weight loss strategy. Your thoughts would be appreciated.
Erin

Postby Landylue » June 10th, 2004, 7:29 pm

Hey, Erin! Boy have we been kicking this subject around alot lately. First of all, let me congratulate you on your amazing loss. Excellent effort!
I'll wager you are a guy with that kind of weight loss average. But, no matter, a plateau is just as perplexing no matter what gender you are.

I believe the advice from the experts out here would be to first and foremost: HANG IN THERE AND DON'T PANIC! Second, realise that all that exercise is building MUSCLE which, of course, weighs more than fat. Pay attention to how your clothes are fitting during these 'slow' weeks. You are most likely continuing to lose inches, even though it's not showing up on the scale. Third, try adding one more shake a day to your diet. And, naturally, don't let up on that water.

I would be so spoiled watching the scale drop 5 lbs each week! I totally understand what you must be feeling now, but, again, hang in there, and know that your body is doing EXACTLY what your body is NEEDING to do right now.

You'll start dropping again in no time--just you wait and see.

Landylue
Failure is NOT an option!
Landylue
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Nancy » June 11th, 2004, 11:31 am

Erin,

:kool: Congrats! You are such a big loser!

:coach: FIVE POUNDS PER WEEK!! Oh this is good for those of you who are lurking out there - wondering what all the Medifast talk is all about.

FIVE pounds a week is awesome!

The average weight loss for females is 2 to 5 pounds per week, for males slightly more. You are blessed!

It is entirely possible that the dreaded plateau has arrived at last.
:brickwall:
However, it is not a time to be bummed out.
:scratch:
We’ve found that during a plateau, inches are still lost – measure yourself – compare it with your initial measurements – you DID take them, right?

:brickwall: I hit the wall a few times as have others. Weight loss will pick up again - each person’s metabolism and bod is unique.

Yeah, yeah, I am not trying to skirt the issue – it’s the truth.

:boing: You may very well pick up your usual speed and finish out the Medifast Marathon averaging five pounds a week.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Return to Weight Loss