Struggling with it all? Had a Pause in your Medifast Plan?

Post your before/after pictures here.
Clothing required...:)

Struggling with it all? Had a Pause in your Medifast Plan?

Postby Nancy » May 12th, 2004, 10:17 am

Here's Leopard Woman, sittin' on a rock at the Oregon Coast, thinkin' about the issues of life we all sometimes face.

Do you ever backslide?

Unca, please paste moi's photo here for the folks to view. Thanks, Darlin'.

One of our own weight loss :star: stars recently admitted that she struggles with sticking with the weight loss program. :help:

Maggie writes,

My weight loss has slowed down too, but it is my own fault. I have lost my way and can't seem to find "true North". I start each day determined to follow my plan. but somewhere along the way, I get distracted. There are meetings or ballgames or school functions that just don't meld with a plan which requires so much water. That is my first downfall, Then the fact that I am short on time and don't plan ahead. I end up either drinking my shakes 2 or 3 hours late or decide to substitute instead.

Maggie, I think you hit it on the nail head: you wrote that there are days that we get distracted, that you are (gulp!) not prepared and also (Yikes!) that there are days that you just don't want to deal with the water issue. :water:

Hmm...pardon moi, if I seem a bit blunt here, but these sound a bit like excuses...

I have one of those Nurse-type personalities – I wanna make the boo-boos all better. I am a fixer-upper type person. :hug: I want everything and everyone to be happy.

First of all, get out your list of WHY ya wanna lose the excess poundage. Add a few more reasons to it. Make a list of how you feel now and how you felt before your 60 pound weight loss and how you anticipate feeling once you reach goal.

You'd never think about leaving the house without your :shock: underdoodies and your wallet, so why wouldja ever think of leaving the house without your packets of grub? Huh?

Do you leave the driveway with only a tablespoon or two of gasoline in your tank? ‘Course not! Fill your bod’s tank before you leave for the day, too!

:snooze: Before you go to bed at night, pack your day's supply of Medifast Miracle plus an extra shake and a soup or a bar just in case you run into a snag. This is where a few RTDs come in handy, too - keep 'em in your trunk or glove box. Make it part of your routine. Develop the habit of being a Boy Scout…be prepared. At all times.

At the ballpark when others are gnoshing on hot dogs (think of them as pork lips and ear tips encased in a plastic tube), fries (think of them as congealed beef fat), and gallons of beer (looks sortta like a urine specimen, eh?) or pop (pure sugar and food coloring), you can have a nutritious bar or one of Medifast's tropical teas or a shake.

The other folks will be sitting on the bench, their bellies spreading and their buns widening and you, my dear, will be running and sliding for the second stall! You will get exercise on your way to the BR and on the way back. Your kids will be thrilled that you are able to quickly jump up and hoot for them when they make a double bagger and trust me, YOU will be their :star: shining star when you reach your goal weight!

After I wrote this, I realized that maybe you were referring to the soccer field - well, make a substitute with appropriate soccer terms, you get the drift, Mags. Medifast helps ya to score! :goteam:

Some people have smaller goals than we do but never the less, their goals are their own. They are just as important to them as the goals for those of us that need to lose greater amounts of weight. Keep your good eye on the goal. Don’t allow the distractions of life to deter your determination. :thumbup: You ARE a winner!

You know that Medifast works. It worked for me. Medifast has worked for over a million people. Medifast works for YOU. Right now, you ARE already a winner. The trophy is being engraved right now with your name on it. It is sitting on the other side of the goal post, it is within your reach.

Never, never, NEVER give up! :weightlift:

Re-read the Newsletters.

Kat, you are right-on when you began reading the early posts. You will ALL learn a lot by starting at the very beginning of the Forum and read through them. You will gain valuable insight and lose un-valuable weight along the way.

I have been on so many diets in my lifetime. :x Dieting is NOT easy - if it were, there would not be so many fat people. I was :tears: MORBIDLY obese. I avoided looking in mirrors, store windows and avoided shopping. It was too depressing. :tears:

BM (Before Medifast), my joints hurt ALL of the time. My heart hurt all of the time. I missed out on so much of life - I was a self-imposed prisoner. Life was not fun..

Being a Medifaster is NOT easy. Warning :twisted: ~warning~ :twisted: I’m gonna use a gross word here. I ABSOLUTELY hate this word but I think it is appropriate here:

It sucks to deny your self daily. HOWEVER, it IS necessary for a short period of time if ya really truly pock-a-dooly wanna get healthy and live longer.

Medifast is the easiest, the fastest, the safest and the most beneficial weight loss plan I have ever found. Medifast is convenient.

Initially, I was so bummed that my doctors had never told me about it before. Now I am thrilled to be able to share the gift of life with others - with you.

Sometimes we just need a :coach: pep talk, someone to :pet: soothe our brow, :hug: hug us until our angel bones touch (those things that stick out on your back when you get hugged up real good) and we just sometimes need a friend :stroll: to wipe the boogers off of our face.

Sometimes we need a boot in the hiney. Sometimes we need a straight shooter.

Sheesh, Mike, you can do that! I'd probably die had I met Mike a couple of years ago. I can hear him now: "Nanc, you're F.A.T. Do something about it!"

Sometimes we know deep down in our :heart: heart of hearts what we need but we just feel so lousy about our self that we just can't seem to get with the program.

This is about LIFE and this is a LIFE-long, LIFE-style issue. I am not cured. I will never be cured. Everyday I make choices. I do not always make the right choice. Medifast makes it possible for me to choose better.

When I want to have something that is usually considered to be :twisted: ‘forbidden’ I have it – because I can. I can not have it every day, all day long in unlimited quantities but I CAN have it because I make better choices now and I can have shakes for a few days if my weight goes up beyond my “safe” zone. A day or two of shakes is NOTHING compared to the joy of feeling healthy and happy again. :yes:

The weight loss phase is temporary. During my weight loss phase, I thought a lot about what could happen to me if I had not made a life-changing decision. I love my life! I am NOT going back to my old ways, my old thinkin’ and my old eatin’ habits. I was headed for a coffin and it would have taken a mule team to drag it...I was down-right porky.

Where are you in all of this?

How can we help?

Choose for yourself THIS day whatcha gonna do and then do it.

We are rootin' for YOU, Kid! :goteam:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Great post

Postby NikkiNix » May 16th, 2004, 11:37 pm

NANCY,

I JUST WANTED TO SAY YOU HAVE INSPIRED ME. I WAS SITTING HERE LATE AT NIGHT THINKING TO MYSELF I COULD EASILY GET AWAY WITH SNEAKING SOMETHING TO EAT :roll: AND THEN I READ YOUR POST AND REALIZED THAT WE ALL SLIP UP BUT IT'S BETTER NOT TO KEEP SLIPPING UP. WE NEED TO STOP NEEDING FOOD MORE AND START NEEDING HEALTH MORE :!: I WANTED TO SAY THANKS FOR SAYING "NEVER GIVE UP" AND THANKS FOR SOOTHING OUR MANY BROWS :pet: AND THANKS FOR ALL THE HUGS :hug: AND FOR ALL THE PEP TALKS :weightlift: AND THANKS MOST OF ALL FOR BEING OUR PERSONAL HEALTH ADVISOR WITH FRIENDLY BENIFITS. AND YOU PROBABLY ALREADY KNOW THIS BUT WHEN YOU ROOT FOR ONE OF US YOU ROOT FOR ALL OF US :goteam:

YOUR THE OAKOLY DOKALY BEST
NIKKINIX :thumbsup:
Today is the first day of the rest of my life!
NikkiNix
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Nancy » May 17th, 2004, 9:17 pm

Oh, Gosh, now I am getting all :oops: and misty-eyed! :tears:

You are the best and I thank you for your kind words.

This losing poundage and weight maintenance stuff are not easy tasks but Medifast and the MakeMeThinner Forum makes it easier, eh? ;)

More than anything, we want people to get healthy and to enjoy the days they are given. Sharing with others makes the journey so delightful!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Return to Studio