A new week after a "pause"

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

A new week after a "pause"

Postby aphrael » July 5th, 2005, 12:07 pm

Hello,

I am new to posting here. My husband and I have been reading the boards for a couple weeks now. I found out about Medifast from a banner add off some random news sight I was at. It was for some private company and I eventually found the main Medifast web page. My husband agreed to try it out with me, and we ordered directly from them. As many have said their help boards left something to be desired and we found this sight. It has made things a lot easier. Both of us have a lot of weight to lose and want to get healthy so that we can enjoy not only watching our son grow up, but be actively involved as well.

After 1 week on the program we were pleased with the results and decided that it was something we could do for more than just a couple weeks. After 2 successful weeks, the holiday weekend came around, and sadly we were not prepared for a "Medifast holiday" we ended up going back to our old eating habits for 2 days. I can honestly say more than once I was thinking, "man I would rather just have my shake." I surprised myself with that one. Just 2 weeks and I could already feel a major difference in my food preferences, and how food effected me. 2 days off the program and I was feeling lethargic and unmotivated, not to mention my acid reflux was back. I was thrilled to get back into my routine this morning with my shakes. I wasn't even tempted to go to lunch with my office mates. If a product can make this big of a difference in two weeks, I am excited to see what can happen in 2 months and than more.

I just wanted to thank everyone on the boards for all the helpful information and the uplifting posts. It makes such a big difference.
Last edited by aphrael on July 6th, 2005, 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aphrael

Due Nov. 16th
aphrael
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » July 5th, 2005, 1:43 pm

Hi Aphrael,
:wave:
Welcome to the forum. We're glad you found us.
Keep us posted...
:)
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby suzyq » July 5th, 2005, 1:45 pm

Welcome to the forum! What an important lesson you learned - you feel better on Medifast! And going back to getting into ketosis again may help motivate you the next time temptation sneaks up on you. I have developed a healthy fear of returning to those first few days and it helps keep me on track! Good for you for getting back on track today!

See you around the forum,
:puter: Susanne
"Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God."

restart 6/5/08
suzyq
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby martha » July 5th, 2005, 2:38 pm

Aphrael--

WELCOME to our forum..So glad to have you and your husband here.. My husband and I are doing the program together and it really helps us both to stick to it.. he works on a tugboat and when we talk to each other its always nice to chat about MF and how each of us are doing.. :D
MF is one great product and I am glad to hear you say how you would have rather had the shake :mrgreen: thats how I feel too(so far) Glad you are back on the program today and in 2 months you will be sooo surprised by how good you feel and by the weight you have loss.. everyone on this forum is great and Tim and Nancy are just Fantastic.. the people on this forum really care about eveyone and how they are doing(be it good or bad)--Welcome to you and your husband--martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby MomsTherapy » July 5th, 2005, 5:28 pm

That is great! Welcome! I just came here myself. My first week ends Friday (weigh day). So I am exited to see the results.

I am hoping that my husband will give it a try. He has sipped a few of my shakes to taste them and always seemed to like them. I guess if he wants to he will decide on his own. It is great that you two can start this as a team!!! :D
Leah (Lee-uh):D aka MomsTherapy

MomsTherapy
Trusted Member

Postby mytime » July 5th, 2005, 9:18 pm

Welcome to you ! This site is amazing and good for you for getting right back to MF. I look forward to your posts and watching your success, Mytime
Nothing changes if nothing changes.
Restart Feb 15 2009
mytime
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Return to Come on in.