Lean and Green plan or All Medifast Products??

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Lean and Green plan or All Medifast Products??

Postby Nisha » February 5th, 2008, 9:38 pm

Hi Guys..i know..i know..two questions in a matter of minutes and not even a regular..sorry :( but i need help...

I am 32 years of age and 260 pounds..desperate to lose 100 as fast as possible. I feel my biological clock is so loud..that i can hear it :) I would like to know which plan do you think is better for faster weight-loss...I really will have no probls doing all 6 meals as Medifast..but i have no intention of going to the doc to hear the same lecture of losing weight..coz i already know i have too..so..what do i do?? sometimes hearing from others helps in making decisions..so ur input will help me...

Thnks!!
Nisha

Postby Mike » February 6th, 2008, 12:25 am

Based on what folks have said on this forum, and based on the fact that the 5+1 was devised as the preferred method by the Medifast Medical Director, I would go with the 5+1. There really is no discernable difference in weight loss (speed or amount) and witht eh 5+1, you learn how to make meals the way you will need to after you lose the weight and move on to maintenance.
In addition, if you do the 6-0, you need to be under close care by your Dr as it is such a low calories program. You still need to get your Dr.'s approval either way you go.

Please make sure you register so that you can utilize all parts of the forum as well.

Good luck and good decision making.

;)
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Nisha » February 6th, 2008, 6:19 am

Thanks...i feel the 5-1 is better..because eventually i will start to crave to eat..and having this healthy source will take care of that issue...appreciate the time you took ot help out...
Nisha

Postby llrickman » February 13th, 2008, 8:43 pm

One of the things i heard from some of my clients and now i am starting to see is even doing the 5-1 i sometimes feel like i just want something to CHEW usually it doesnt bother me but once in a while it does so i could just imagine doing the 6-0 id go nuts
Started Medifast June 11,2007

Thank goodness for Bullion
llrickman
Regular Member - #100 Club
Regular Member - #100 Club

Postby Mickeyz » February 14th, 2008, 1:33 pm

I have done both and I did not find the rate of weight loss to be much different. I like the 5-1 for several reasons.

1) sooner or later you start wanting real food
2) it gives the option of dinning with friends and family
3) it is good training to learn how to eat well
4) you can make some great L&G meals!
5) the L&G meals are very satisfying and helped me stay on program

Good luck.
Reached Goal Nov 2007 61.5 lbs lost
Gained 11 lbs in Mexico 3/08, decided to lose that along with another 5 lbs!
Mickeyz
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby MerryMary » February 14th, 2008, 3:33 pm

You've gotten a wealth of good advise, Nisha! And while it may seem that losing 100 pounds is overwhelming, it can be done ... AND YOU CAN DO IT! :D

We all lose at different rates but if you follow the plan it will work for you. It took me just over 10 months to lose my "excess baggage" and some forum members have lost even quicker! Yay for you as you begin your journey to optimal health! :yay:
MARY
Started MF 11/6/06; reached goal 9/27/07.
MerryMary
Preferred Member - #110 Club
Preferred Member - #110 Club

Postby ChynnaDoll » February 15th, 2008, 9:32 am

Hello!...glad you decided to hop on this wagon :-P Just wanted to say that i liked the 5-1 too, also it taught me alot now that i am maintaining. Good luck with things..YOU can do it!!

Chynna
ChynnaDoll
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Return to Come on in.