Strawberry Creme Ideas

Add your favorite recipes.

Strawberry Creme Ideas

Postby Signladytf » May 17th, 2005, 8:16 pm

Hello everyone,

I've been reading over the forum for some quick and easy ideas for the Strawberry shakes. I can't choke them down :eck: to save my life (sorry for the emoticon, but it was so fitting for me), and they came with my sampler pack. I don't want to waste them, but honestly, I just simply can't drink another one! I've looked at some of the recipes, but I haven't seen anything that really catches my eye. (Important note: I don't like almond flavoring in anything--reminds me of a liquid diet I was on when I was a teenager--pushed me over the edge into oblivion) Any quick and easy palatable suggestions??

Thanks as always!
Tammy
402/337/125
(-65!)
Restarted 8/27/2007

Signladytf
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby TamiL » May 17th, 2005, 8:30 pm

Hi sign!!!
Have you tried mixing the strawberry shakes with some of the sugar free divinchi sugar free syrups? if you dont have those...try just vanilla extract for a strawberry cream tasting shake!!

I ordered a bunch of syrup flavors from davinchi....(if you need the website, not sure if I can post it on here...but just google it and youll find it!!) I loved the strawberry mixed with coconut and vanilla syrup!! it was like a tropical drink of some sort....

Or the strawberry with bannana extract is good....it all depends on what you like!! or you could try mixing a little cyrstal light mix in with it!! you gotta experiment with it!!

I used to love the vanilla MF packets mixed with a little Chocholate flavored syrup and carmel flavor..with a splash of Peanut butter syrup...oh my my..It tasted like a SIN!!! soooo good!! just play around with them...youll find something you like to make it tasty!!

:)
TamiL
ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU BELEIVE!!!

Medifast RESTART 13 March 09
150/my goal weight is 130
TamiL
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby sister » May 17th, 2005, 8:32 pm

How about banana flavored sugar free syrup or extract? That combination tastes pretty good in yogurt.

Just a thought...
Sherri
sister
Trusted Member - #60 Club

Postby Signladytf » May 17th, 2005, 8:38 pm

Thanks for your replies! :thumbig: I'll give it a shot. I ordered 4 DaVinci flavors on Saturday, and they should be arriving any day now...I ordered Caramel. Butterscotch, Peanut Butter and Peppermint Patty! I can't wait to try some combos!

Thanks again!
Tammy
402/337/125
(-65!)
Restarted 8/27/2007

Signladytf

toasted marshmellow

Postby MsApril » May 17th, 2005, 8:44 pm

I tried mine with toasted marshmellow Davinchi syrup and it was good.
Ms April in Arkansas
"Dance like no one is watching!"

MsApril
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby TamiL » May 17th, 2005, 8:53 pm

Sign-
the Peppermint is SOOO GOOD in the Chocolate flavored shakes!! and the carmel and peanut butter in the Bannana shakes is great too!! just just gotta mix and match a little!! the orange flavored shakes with vanilla syrup is great.....and the Choc w/ Orange is good too!! just have fun with the recipes...youll eventually find what you really like!!
if you dont have a magic bullet blender already...I suggest one!! its GREAT!! they make the shakes so thick and wonderful!! I use 8 oz water and 2 ice cubes..plus the shake mix..and add my syrups....and its great to be able to drink right from the glass...NO MESSY CLEAN up to do with a normal blender!! I got mine at Walgreens for cheap!! its SOOO WORTH it!! I wish I had gotten one long ago!!
have fun shakin with your new flavors!!

Tami ;)
ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU BELEIVE!!!

Medifast RESTART 13 March 09
150/my goal weight is 130
TamiL
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby fatBgone » May 17th, 2005, 10:25 pm

Hi Signlady,
I don't know if you got any samples of the banana blitz shakes, but if you did - here's one of my favorite shakes...Just mix both shake mixes and about 16 oz of water and some crushed ice - blend it (or bullet it if you get a magic bullet). Drink 1/2 now and save 1/2 for later. It's really good. I couldn't stand the strawberry either and was never going to buy them again, but after I started drinking them like this, I actually like it better than the banana by itself. Also, it's cool to be able to go to the fridge for that next shake and it's already made. Have fun!
Lisa
fatBgone
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Signladytf » May 18th, 2005, 6:53 am

Strange but surprisingly doable combination I just discovered for myself: Strawberry Creme and DaVinci Kahlua sugar free syrup! Now, I can get through the box with all your suggestions and with my new discovery! Thanks!! :chef: Happy Shaking!
Tammy
402/337/125
(-65!)
Restarted 8/27/2007

Signladytf

Here's another idea

Postby mombarnes » May 19th, 2005, 6:36 pm

The MF shakes all taste GREAT made with Crystal Lite (liquid) or with the new little Crystal Lite sippy straws added. I love strawberry with strawberry Crystal Lite, although other combos might be good too.
RE-start 14-Jan08
goal 10# = 4 weeks
goal 20# = ? weeks
mombarnes
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby Nancy » May 19th, 2005, 8:44 pm

I say :yes: YES! to the Strawberry and Nanner combo very good!!! and also adding either the Raspberry Ice Crystal Light or the Strawberry Crystal Light to the Strawberry shake - it makes the flavor more intense.

The water must be very cold...I usually shake it up and then park my shaker jar in the freezer for 10 minutes to chill and for the flavors to develop.

Sign, your new drink flavor with the Strawberry Medifast packet and a splash of sugar-free Kahlua syrup sounds awesome! :kool:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Sounds Like....

Postby eddieHoustonTX » May 21st, 2005, 9:48 am

I hate to be a prty pooper, but I have heard from more than one person that the Strawberry Shakes are terrible! Why don't we go directly to the source. Nancy, do you know if MF has any plans to either modify or do away with this popularly bad flavor? I am not going :nana: to even try that one!
Edward Flinn
Houston, Texas USA
[/url]
eddieHoustonTX
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby want2Bthin » May 21st, 2005, 9:55 am

Call me crazy but I actually like the strawberry shakes. :roll:

Angelia
want2Bthin
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Nancy » May 21st, 2005, 11:15 am

Nope, haven't heard anything about it.

I'd personally love a raspberry shake. I just think the flavor of the strawberry needs to be more intense - different strokes for different folks, eh?
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Signladytf » May 22nd, 2005, 3:10 pm

I'd have to agree. Maybe the reason why I don't like :aarggh: the strawberry shake is that I don't taste enough strawberry! Maybe some Strawberry DaVinci Syrup would kick it up a notch??

And yes, raspberry sounds wonderful!
Tammy
402/337/125
(-65!)
Restarted 8/27/2007

Signladytf

Postby Paula » June 2nd, 2005, 10:46 pm

I know I'm late with this suggestion, but try a little sprinkle of Strawberry kool aid mix. Makes a big difference. You just have to add and taste until you get enough. Also it's easy to get too much, so beware!

Paula
Paula
Regular Member - #60 Club

Next

Return to Lean Cuisine