Steak House Trauma, part deux

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Steak House Trauma, part deux

Postby Mickey » March 28th, 2006, 8:35 am

First of all, let me thank all y'all who offered advice on what I should do. I couldn't have felt confident about my choices without you.

Let me just say that I had a great time and the waiter was very accomidating. I ordered an 8 oz filet (the smallest portion of beef they had) and promptly cut it in half and gave half to my boyfriend (who is skinny as a rail). I got to HAND PICK my veggies (from the salad bar) and I "guesstimated" about a cup of broccoli, which the chef steamed for me. AND, I know I probably shouldn't have, but I had about a cup of salad with a couple of cherry tomatoes and a few onion slices with fat-free dressing on the side. I dipped my fork into the dressing and then took a bite of my salad, which worked well.

I felt like Sally on "When Harry Met Sally." The evening was great, the food was great and I felt like a pro ordering.

Thanks you guys.
Mickey
5'3"

Mickey

Postby FORMOMMY » March 28th, 2006, 9:55 am

Great Job!!! :bravo:

See we can go out and socialize and eat healthy and sensibly. You did an awesome job and you should be very proud of yourself! :yes:
Michelle
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Phil 4:13

Started 1/23/06
Recommitted 1/02/07
FORMOMMY
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby falisamarie » March 28th, 2006, 9:57 am

Mickey

Thanks for the update I know that I and others were wondering how it went! You did great and should be proud of yourself. So you don't feel alone I will be the first to admit when hubby and I go to dinner out somewhere I too generally have a small salad along with steamed veggies (but don't tell anyone!)

Lisa
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby DogMa » March 28th, 2006, 9:58 am

Excellent!! You could have had a little more steak, though. The 8 ounces was before cooking, I'm sure, so if you only ate half, you had maybe 3.5 or 4 ounces. Could have had a little more of it, but all in all, you did a great job!!!

Sallys of the world, unite!! Look how thin SHE was in that movie!!
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby ToyDiva » March 28th, 2006, 12:24 pm

:whoohoo:

Mickey, you did an AWESOME job! Hubbie and I are just getting more comfortable with going out to eat. We went out a few nights ago with friends and the restaurant was very accommodating. Our friends were great also. They were very supportive of our decision to stay on plan and even skipped dessert!
Started 02/21/6

ToyDiva
Preferred Member - #40 Club

See

Postby dede4wd » March 28th, 2006, 5:03 pm

We TOLD you you could do it!

See,
We can order out, get what we need and not feel like Sally! The servers take care of us because we "take care" of them!

I am very confident when I go to a restaurant and really love the real world training I'm getting! Just do the best you can! There's no need to bring your measuring cup into the restaurant, you'll get a handle on what you should have pretty quick!

Good job! Eat a little more steak next time!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Arklahoma » March 28th, 2006, 11:06 pm

Mickey ... Thanks for posting. I was hoping to hear that it would be easy b/c I'll he heading out for my first meal next week for my birthday. You did great!
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Return to Come on in.