Post your before/after pictures here.
Clothing required...:)

Postby Karli » January 12th, 2007, 6:07 pm

hee hee ... you are beautiful :mrgreen: :wavie:
Karli
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » January 12th, 2007, 6:15 pm

I just wanted to thank both Gavin and Karli (wish I could type what I was actually trying to say! I did not mean Sydney and Gavin...I meant to say Karli...nevermind) for the wonderful insight. what you said was so thought-provoking.

Did you ever notice that people who are beautiful on the inside become more beautiful on the outside as we get to know them?

Then there are the beautiful on the outside people who have very little on the inside." I feel sorry for them!

Thanks for the thoughts.

DeDe
Last edited by dede4wd on January 14th, 2007, 12:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
dede4wd

Postby sydney_gavin » January 12th, 2007, 6:31 pm

hi DeDe 4 Wheel Drive heheh - just playing with your handle - yes, I know it does mean 'foward,

Sydney and Gavin are one in the same - my ID is sydney_gavin - I have spent a lot of time in Sydney and still have a house there and over the years have got used to my internet handle - means I don't have to remember too many different names or passwords.

My name is Gavin hehehehe - sorry for the confusion.

Kind regards

Gavin

Act as if it all depended on you; pray as if it all depended on God.
sydney_gavin
Trusted Member - #50 Club

Re: Hi

Postby Sojourner » January 12th, 2007, 7:18 pm

dede4wd wrote:...both Sydney and Gavin...

sydney_gavin wrote:yes, I know it does mean 'foward

Uh, Gavin?
It could mean "forward" because she's moving in that direction,
or because she's certainly not shy,
but it really does mean 4 wheel drive!

Y'all are too funny - all FOUR of you:
Syndney, Gavin, De, and De!!!

:roflmao:
~*~*~*Sojourner*~*~*~

Shake it gone, babeee!!!
Sojourner
Preferred member

Re: Hi

Postby kmr » January 13th, 2007, 7:58 am

Sojourner wrote:
Y'all are too funny - all FOUR of you:
Syndney, Gavin, De, and De!!!

:roflmao:
kmr
Preferred member

Postby Mike » January 13th, 2007, 12:35 pm

Welcome Gavin... from one dude to another!
:kool:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike

Postby VictoriousNat » January 13th, 2007, 1:48 pm

Welcome!!! I can't wait to celebrate your victories with you!!!
You crack me up!
Oh and tell your wife, when I reach goal, she must give me that dress! :D :D
Nat
Start 8/24/06
Lost 34lbs and over 30 Inches. Regained 9lbs. Down 4lbs on vacation in Jamaica - yeehaw!
Waiting for Doctor's clearance to restart MF.
VictoriousNat
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Amber » January 13th, 2007, 2:11 pm

nickieluv wrote:
I know you were probably kidding, Biki, but I think what makes it so hard is that we are admitting to OURSELVES that we have a problem, not just to other people. We have to actually look at these pictures and be honest. Posting before pics makes this more real, also - a 'before' implies an 'after' and this time, we really have to do it.

I know that last time I never posted pics and I never really got serious about MF. Not that pics alone makes the difference, but I think it must do something.

Agreed, Nickie, you did a better job expressing my thoughts than I did; thank you! For me, posting a picture was a difficult move. It had nothing what so ever to do with what others would see, only what was staring back at me.

Biki, I knew that weren't kidding & don't count me as having hurt feelings just because you express your opinions!

Gavin, when do you expect your MF to arrive?

Keep shakin' all~
Amber

Goal Met November 1, 2006
#44, 23 weeks
Amber
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby hulagirlfromhawaii » January 13th, 2007, 2:25 pm

Welcome Gavin! I can tell I am going to enjoy your posts. You are so insightful as as well as humorous. Wishing you well on your MF journey!
I'm looking forward to seeing your progress and success!!
Kanani

165/146.5/125
hulagirlfromhawaii
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby BerkshireGrl » January 13th, 2007, 2:40 pm

Gavin,

Your big smile and toga costume remind me of Pu-Tai the Laughing Budhha... pretty soon you will be a skinny Buddha lookalike! :) You and your wife look like such a happy couple, very well-paired.

Welcome and I look forward to reading more of your posts! :D
BerkshireGrl
Preferred member

Postby loriannk » January 13th, 2007, 5:00 pm

Just wanted to say Welcome to the forum Gavin and thanks for posting your pictures. Posting your picture is the hardest part to do but it gives us motivation for losing weight.

:goodluck:
3 kids ages 2, 8 & 9
loriannk
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby sydney_gavin » January 13th, 2007, 5:13 pm

Hi BerkshireGirl,

I laughed at your post - actually you aren't far from the truth - here in China I am always getting peple coming up and rubbing my belly - it is considered good luck to rub the Buddhas belly. We thought a great way of raising money for charity would be to have me sitting out in monks robes somewhere and selling a rub for a few dollars hahahahah

Ah well - the things we have to give up to get skinny!!!

Just an off topic question - do you pronouce your name Barkshire or Berkshire? - I ask because my eldest son was born in Berkshire England (the original) at the Royal Berks Hospital - pronouced Barkshire - not Berkshire

- not sure if you know but in England a 'berk' is an idiot - so he is very sick of that joke after 7 years of hearing he was born at the Royal Idiots Hospital - hehehehe

Kind regards

Gavin

sydney_gavin

Postby BerkshireGrl » January 13th, 2007, 7:59 pm

Gavin,

Ha! I hope you have an alternate fortune making plan in place now that you are embarking on Medifast! :lol: The sacrifices we make, indeed!

I did not know that about the Barkshire/Berkshire difference in pronunciation... or the meaning! ;) Then again, I'm sure I've earned the Idiot moniker a few times in my life, some may say several times... :nana: (This smiley face reminds me of The Hitchhiker's Guide to The Universe...)

Here in Massachusetts, the area of the western part of the state is Berkshire County, and the name is said like "berk" like "Birk"enstock sandals.

I can definitely imagine your oldest son rolling his eyes at hearing that told him, hehehe! Reminds me of my time at Texas A&M University and being told by many Texans the Aggie idiot jokes (Texas A&M was apparently the dumb hick school compared to University of Texas at Austin... but then, I went to another "agricultural"-based school for undergrad at the University of Massachusetts in Amherst, so bring it on... heh!)

If I may ask, how many children do you have, and how old? (Congratulations! :))
BerkshireGrl
Preferred member

Postby sydney_gavin » January 13th, 2007, 9:00 pm

Hi BerkshireGrl,

Yes, indeed I am looking for altermative ways to make a fortune once my buddha belly business goes belly up! (Shouldn't that be belly down??)

Just to fill in you in all the details of my prolific child creating abilities, I have 6 children - 26, 24, 20, 18,17 and 13 - and one delightful grandson.

2 are in China with me, 2 in Sydney (including my grandson) and 2 with their mother in brisbane Australia. My daughter and partner and grandson have just returned from China where they spent Xmas New year with us - absolutely wonderful! My beautiful wife is always nagging me to have another one - she is feeling the biological clock but so far I have escaped unscathed.

Dunno if I could manage changing nappies (ooops - forgot this was a US site) - I mean diapers, not to mention the crying in the night hehehehe.

I may however agree to having three maids to take care of all that and allow me to live a life of ease and luxury hehehehe.

Hope this fills in the gaps - now where is the winking smiley??

Kind regards

;)

Gavin

sydney_gavin

Postby sydney_gavin » January 13th, 2007, 9:07 pm

Hi BerkshireGrl,

Yes, indeed I am looking for altermative ways to make a fortune once my buddha belly business goes belly up! (Shouldn't that be belly down??)

Just to fill in you in all the details of my prolific child creating abilities, I have 6 children - 26, 24, 20, 18,17 and 13 - and one delightful grandson.

2 are in China with me, 2 in Sydney (including my grandson) and 2 with their mother in brisbane Australia. My daughter and partner and grandson have just returned from China where they spent Xmas New year with us - absolutely wonderful! My beautiful wife is always nagging me to have another one - she is feeling the biological clock but so far I have escaped unscathed.

Dunno if I could manage changing nappies (ooops - forgot this was a US site) - I mean diapers, not to mention the crying in the night hehehehe.

I may however agree to having three maids to take care of all that and allow me to live a life of ease and luxury hehehehe.

Hope this fills in the gaps - now where is the winking smiley??

Kind regards

;)

Gavin

sydney_gavin

PreviousNext

Return to Studio