Starting Over- Made it thru day 2!

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Postby Guest » June 25th, 2004, 8:14 am

Okay Mike,

Not only are you trippin, buggin, whilin.....WHAT!...

I'm COSIGNING. That means I'm agreeing with you. See I've learned a few choice words from raising four teens myself.

As a matter of fact... there are many times I read your responses to others and I just want to COSIGN ;) !!!!

I agree with that you do have a way with words. So I will be updating you from time to time to ad to your arsenal. Keep up the tough love..... as quite as it is kept....We are all COSIGNING :goteam:

Love,
Jewels

Postby explorthis » June 25th, 2004, 8:42 am

paint your toenails blue like I did to Terry and Unca
Unca always wears socks now when he's dozin' on the sofa...

Ok, this might be more info than I needed. <gasp> The thought of your Tim-ster, the almighty Web-miser, master of the “Hey Nancy – the kids are fighting again” slogan, the one that keeps us in check, seeing him nap on the couch – with BLUE toenails? Uh, I am trying hard to delete this from the hard drive-brain (note for Tim: removing all attributes –r-a-s-h and deleting)

Nancy, my daughter would be impressed with you!!

Let’s speak a little about shock for a second. You know (and you regular’s know) Ginny – Mike’s Mom (I am going to catch a ration for this from her) is the new “shocker” Not only is she a Medifast queen, losing some 70 something pounds (something son’s don’t like to know about their Mom’s) she weighs in somewhere in the low 130’s now, HAS DISCOVERED a new slightly “brazen” side. This I think she always had, but never (common she is a granny) would let out. She recently flashed me a tattoo on her person! A TATOO! Mom? Ginny? A tattoo? Common. Well guess what, Mike thinks this is pretty kewl. Uh oh, guess what, there are 2 more she got since then. MOM – you hussy! 3 Tattoos? She is 65 years old, thin (too thin if you ask me) and has 3 tattoos. If my Dad knew, he would flip. (picture a 65 year old comb-over fuddy-duddy 100% businessman – my Dad!) His loss if you ask me (note for Mom – well, he still has his pineapple). Ginny has basically talked me and Mrs. Guido into getting a tattoo! I said heck yeah. My wife is sitting on the fence, but has basically agreed if I do it, she will. My teen thinks it’s pretty neat (as long as she does not come home with one – gasp) Ginny actually emailed me just this morning (no lie) said: Ready for your tattoo? I think I am. Heck why not? Why not be a little brazen, we only live once. I am not planning on mutilating myself by piercing my fingernail, I may as well get a tattoo, heck, it’s only PERMANENT!

She is now HOT (I am being gentle here – this is my Mom I am speaking of) She sent me an email the other day, saying she was out in the Palm Springs area (close to her home) shopping for some Rodeo Drive type stuff. She is a pretty frugal shopper, and knows how to shop. NO more OMAR the tent maker clothing for her (thank God) – old lady clothing 4 sizes too large to hide the fact she was overweight – none of us did/do this right?

Know what folks, why not be a little brazen, and shock someone? This is your life, your time. Personally I have never been one to sit idly in the corner, and be the passenger. I have always been the loud one (ya think?) Now I can be loud, and LET PEOPLE KNOW about me! I like the new me. I like the new Ginny. We still speak at least 2-3 times a week, trivial stuff, but ALWAYS one of the first things out of both of our mouths is “how is your weight?”

We need champions for each other. We need support. She is there for me, as I am for her. I could not have done it without this support board, new friends, Nancy, Tim etc. You guys have it pretty good. I want ALL of you, EVERY ONE of you to be brazen, enjoy life, because it does not last that long! The only regret I have is not figuring out 20 years ago that I had it in me to lose the weight. You have it in you also. IT IS WORTH IT – you have my promise.

Shake-Shake- Shake-Shake-Shake-Shake-Shake-Shake-Shake-Shake-Shake-Shake-Shake-Shake till you can’t shake no-mo. It’s a short time I promise!

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Marseilles » June 25th, 2004, 9:12 am

EGADS!!!!! You guys are a crazy and wild bunch!!!!

Mike--TATTOOED?????

*picks jaw up off the floor*

I'm teasing, really..Mike, I say go for it and amen to your post! I know people have a mixed bag of feelings regarding tattooes and piercings and the like, but I personally am a proponent of them. Granted, I do have *ahem* several myself.

Whereas some of the ladies here wear toe rings, I have tattooed feet..and I love them. As well as a tattooed back and a tattooed hip. And in all honesty, the husband and I were in the tattoo shop LAST NIGHT while I shopped for my next addition. (He has just one and is shopping for another as well)

I did go a step further and pierce my nose too..but at my sons instistance I removed it...interestingly, he said his mother wasnt eccentric or unique, but embarassing with a tiny little diamond in her nose. I did what all good parents would and respecting his wishes, removed it..with a contracted agreement that it buys me a free pass for the removel of ONE doozy of my choosing later on in his young life..I can pick one thing that he may try or want to do later in life and he will, without argument, refrain from doing/wearing the offending whatever it might be...

At any rate, embrace your individuality and be proud..you guys are the best bunch of people and a real blast to be a part of!!

Kudos to all, and I hope your weekend is medifantastic!!

-M.
Marseilles
Preferred member

Postby star85 » June 26th, 2004, 4:56 am

Mike,
Before I gained all my weight I got a pretty rose bud tattoo on my lower hip, but since gaining so much weight, my rose bud has BLOOMED into a full flower! (hee,hee) I say go for it and post us a nice updated picture of you with your new tattoo when you get the chance!

Kelyn
star85
Trusted Member - #20 Club

Postby jewels » June 27th, 2004, 3:59 am

Mike,

I think your idea of getting a tatoo is marvelous!! At one time I wanted a rose on my ankle and one on my breast, but decided against it after learning about the risk of contracting Hepatitis C and HIV. Although I have a collegue in the medical profession who modestly sports her multiple tatoos, nose and tongue rings. She's in her late 40's and has lost like 80 lbs and is still losing weight.

The only word of advice I can give, is to make sure you check out their sterilization technique and equipment.

By the way, I think I do have a little wild side in me. About 5 years ago I pierced my own belly button...(don't try this at home folks... I did cause I have experince in surgery)...it was cute. I later took it out cause it kept itching and got irritated by my pants pushing on my fat waist. Because I have diabetes, I didn't want to take the chance of getting an infection so... I let the piercing it close.

When my middle teenage son wanted permission to get his ear pierced....guess what my stipulation was? Your'e right. That I do it!!! And, I DID? The kids in the neighborhood thought that was the neatest thing to do and to this day he still sports his earring as he proudly tells the story.

Food for thought... you only pass this way once... so why not enjoy it!!! Be safe, but most of all be happy!!!

PS After I reach my goal of 140lbs, I plan on having my nose and belly button pierced. Holla!!!

Love,
Jewels
jewels

Postby star85 » June 27th, 2004, 8:44 am

Hey guys!
I've been an R.N. for 11 years and I have 2 tattoos. I got my tattoos 9 1/2 years ago. I just wanted to let you know that just like in the hospital, we no longer sterilize needles and re-use them, we use disposable needles, same goes for tattoo parlors. Even 9 years ago when I got mine they used disposable needles. They don't re-use needles on different people. If a tattoo parlor re-uses needles I certainly would suggest not going there! Make sure you ask first before you choose a tattoo parlor. The good ones use disposable needles. Even with hospitals, only 3rd world countries still need to re-use and sterilize needles because of lack of funds, but thankfully not here in America. Hope that clears up any questions for people thinking about getting tattoos.

Kelyn
star85
Trusted Member - #20 Club

Postby jewels » July 1st, 2004, 6:40 pm

Hey Guys,

I haven't heard from you in a few days.

Kelyn.. Great advice. I'm sure those who are seeking to get tatoos will do so and Live a Little!

I hope everyone's week has been ok. Guys keep postin cause it helps make the weekly hurdles easier to overcome :boing: .

Love Ya,
Jewels
jewels

hi Jewels

Postby susan » July 5th, 2004, 1:08 pm

hi jewels.
hope you are doing ok. I am starting again today.I fell down and couldn;t get up but I finally got it together and today is day1 again so here goes I still have 39# to go. I sent Nancy a picture to day so tim can post it for me and you can see I still need to lose the 39# but I will get thur these 3 days again. hang in there it can only get better now .
:oops: that I fell off the train but it is headed for thinville and I am back aboard . can;t wait to start droping again and the thrill of it . I will do this.

susan
I am not a quiter I will hang in there tillI get to goal with the good lords help
susan
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » July 5th, 2004, 1:41 pm

Welcome back Susan,
We all missed you. You know we're here if you need anything.
I'll talk to the conductor and see if we can get this train speeded up a little...:)
Unca
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Nancy » July 5th, 2004, 10:42 pm

Susan, this is your week!

You are gonna sail through these three days and we'll be waiting to see what your total is at the end of the week!

Shake, shake, shake!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Guest » July 6th, 2004, 6:40 am

Hey Susan,

It's great to hear from you. We all fall down, but we get up :!: :D .
It's the getting up that counts the most and what we do with that time.
Be assured that you are amongst a bunch of LOSERS, and that's OK with me...so long as we keep losing weight!!!

So Keep Smilin, and Shakin,

Love,
Jewels

Previous

Return to Come on in.