Starting Medifast on sunday 5/14/06

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Starting Medifast on sunday 5/14/06

Postby DntCryLilEmoGrl » May 11th, 2006, 9:02 am

Hey everyone. I am really glad i found this forum. I didn't like the format of the forum on the actual medifast site but still wanted to find some sort of a community. Anyways. Me and my cousin are both starting medifast on Sunday. I am around 220-225 right now and 5ft. I am 21 years old and feel like I could be doing so much more being more athletic and going out more but my weight holds me back from alot of that. I think i am a great person and a beautiful person but sometimes that gets overlooked because of my weight. the bottom line is i am losing it to be healthy. I am happy with me, but know i can be better. My aunt is on the diabetic medifast . she has type 2 diabetes and heart disease (enlarged heart) and she is actually paying for me and my cousin to do this and i know her reasons why, becuase she doesnt want us to experience all the health problems she does and i love her dearly. anyways so yeah... excited about starting. i am sure you will hear from me plenty as i progress in this program. I refuse to give up.
DntCryLilEmoGrl
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby electra000 » May 11th, 2006, 9:17 am

Good Luck and Welcome !! Glad to have you with us. :D
electra000
Preferred member

Postby Denise » May 11th, 2006, 9:30 am

Welcome!
I am sure you will succeed, you already have a great support network built into your family!
Keep us posted! :D
Denise
Preferred member

Postby jump4joy » May 11th, 2006, 9:35 am

What a nice aunt you have! It will be good for you to have your cousin and aunt doing it with you...your built-in support system. WELCOME!
Motto: The time will pass whether I diet or not.
jump4joy
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby FORMOMMY » May 11th, 2006, 9:38 am

WELCOME to you and your cousin!!! What a great Auntie!! With your attitude you will do just great!
Michelle
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Phil 4:13

Started 1/23/06
Recommitted 1/02/07
FORMOMMY
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby DntCryLilEmoGrl » May 11th, 2006, 9:47 am

thanks for the warm welcome. Yes it is nice to not be doing it alone, my cousin and I are practically sisters and I am just as close with my aunt. I will definitely keep you all posted. I also checked out that extrapounds dot com site and made an account. i think im going to do my blog on there rather than on xanga. seems there is more of a support system there :D.
DntCryLilEmoGrl

Postby Arklahoma » May 11th, 2006, 10:29 am

Welcome to the group!!!
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby loriannk » May 11th, 2006, 10:45 am

Welcome!

We are so glad you found us too. This forum is full of help, support & great recipes to make you MF food taste better.

YOU CAN DO IT!

:goodluck:

Lori
3 kids ages 2, 8 & 9
loriannk
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby DntCryLilEmoGrl » May 11th, 2006, 11:50 am

i love it because it gives me something to do at work and in the end i think it will help me focus :D . i really like extrapounds dot com too. awesome tools on there. i have tried to lose weight before but i think my problem was keeping myself motivated and i think surrounding myself with support and others going through the same thing will help alot. the pics people posted of their progress were very inspiring. You all are awesome :D.... im saying awesome too much hehe...but yes...im glad i googled :)
DntCryLilEmoGrl

Hi

Postby dede4wd » May 11th, 2006, 12:05 pm

Hi ...lilElmoGirl,

So glad you found us! What an AMAZING Aunt you have to be willing to do this for you and your cousin to prevent walking down the road she did. That is so GREAT!

Plus, you have 2 people doing MF around you and that built in support is really cool!

Now, you have us too! Look around and we'll be happy to help you with any questions. Good luck!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby DntCryLilEmoGrl » May 11th, 2006, 12:42 pm

she is the most amazing person i know :) I wish i could talk to my mother like i do her but she is such a wonderful person to have in my life and i love her so much. I really hope she is successful with MF as well. I would love to see her health improve and her be able to do more of what she wants. She had to retire from her job as a RN because of her heart condition and she loved ...LOVED her job. SHe has been on MF for a week now. I think it will really help her having my cousin and I do it with her. I dont know how she feels about talking about it on here but im going to suggest it to her. :)
"Soon to be mrs sexy pants"
lilemo's getting married on April 6th 2008!!!!!

started changing my life 5/15/06
restarted 10/01/07
DntCryLilEmoGrl

Postby MISSANNE » May 11th, 2006, 5:04 pm

welcome :wave:
Michelle
MISSANNE
Preferred member

Postby Nicki » May 11th, 2006, 5:15 pm

You are wise beyond your years to take this step now! I wish I had found Medifast when I was your age. Do this for yourself now and you will reap the rewards for the rest of your life! Welcome!
Nicki
started 9/19/05

Nicki
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby DntCryLilEmoGrl » May 11th, 2006, 7:49 pm

thanks nicki...honestly one of the pics i saw was yours and that is just inspiring and you should feel so proud of yourself :) I know this is by far one of the best decisions I will make... :) now just to stick to it hehe
"Soon to be mrs sexy pants"
lilemo's getting married on April 6th 2008!!!!!

started changing my life 5/15/06
restarted 10/01/07
DntCryLilEmoGrl

Postby Jan » May 11th, 2006, 8:00 pm

Hi there,
I'm soo happy your wonderful aunt is helping you and your cousin. It is sooo important to take care of these weight issues early. Your aunt is absolutely correct-- when we let our weight linger we are setting ourselves up for weight related illnesses. It's best to part with it while you are still healthy. That's just how we want you to stay -- healthy. :D
Now as to the forum -- it's a wonderful group of people who are more than willing to help you along the way. It won't always be easy sticking with program but just keep your goal in mind and you'll make it. Let us know how all of you are doing.
I'll be watching for you.
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Next

Return to Come on in.