Started Yesterday Have a couple of Questions

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Started Yesterday Have a couple of Questions

Postby katieb920 » January 28th, 2006, 2:54 pm

I am so excited about doing this :lol: I have been reading the boards and everyone is so supportive of each other. Here's my story My husband and I are both chefs by training. I left cooking because my son was born. So i have been into food sales for the past 7 years. Problem is i sit on my hiney so much I do not get the exercise I used to from being in the Kitchen. A year ago my husband lost 85# just by watching what he was eating. I think that 85# was magnetic and wemt wright to me. Sometimes I would say lets go out to eat. I was jeoulous of him. So here I am to day at 239# my legs hurt I have a thyroid problem and i have to take nexium for my acid reflux which is because of being over weight. I read the article in the people magazine about the lady who lost so much weight off the medifast diet in 9 months. So here are my questions.

1.) Can I use cinnamon and vanilla extract in my shakes I tried it and loved it.
2.) I am on the Complete plan how many replacements should I have everyone is saying something diffrent. If I am not hungry do I have to have the 6th.
3.) Is Liquid Coffee Mate okay
4.) Should I be taking any other vitamins My doctor say yes.
5.) And Is it allright to have the replacements every 2 1/2 hours.

Thanks Everyone I can do this with your help. :D
Katie
katieb920
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby stelar » January 28th, 2006, 4:07 pm

Hi Katieb! I'm no expert but here's my advice. Yes, use spices to make the drinks or foods more to your liking. I don't know about extract but, I've heard people using the sugar free coffee flavorings (Da Vinci rocks). I am not doing the full fast but, I do the 5 & 1 which means I have 5 supplements & one lean & green meal so I would assume you are having 6 supplements. Don't skip them cause you'll put your body into starvation mode & you will retain weight (not the goal we're after). I don't think there's any problems taking vitamins, I do & I'm losing weight. And, as far as eating every 2 1/2 hours ... SURE, they say to eat every 2 - 3 hours! You're doing GREAT! You'll need to talk to someone else about the Coffee Mate I know they say a little 1/2-n-1/2 is okay.

This is a great program. I too have thyroid issues & heartburn but, since I've been on the program (01/18) I've not touched Tums. And, my energy level is definately improving. You'll do great. Welcome to the board & the MF family!

Shakin',
Stela
SD 01/18/06
199/183.5/135
stelar
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby falisamarie » January 28th, 2006, 6:06 pm

Katieb

I was told that extracts are perfectly fine and I use them in mine and I have been losing. And yes you definitley need to be getting in 6 supplements a day. This is the end of my second week and as of last week I had lost 10lbs. Tomorrow is weigh in day so will see what that holds in store but I am sure that despite a visit from the dreaded Aunt Flo I will have lost some more!!!

Keep shaking

Lisa
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Welcome

Postby Jan » January 28th, 2006, 6:14 pm

Welcome Katieb
I'm glad you've found this great place for support. Ask as many questions as you'd like. We'll try and answer for you.
If your Dr. says to take vitamins then I'd take vitamins. I'd never advise to go against medical advice.
Be careful with the coffee creamers. Check to make sure you're using one the is fat free and low in carbs. (Some have lots of carbs and fats hiding in them)
Extracts are perfectly fine. I use them all the time. Just be very very careful with peppermint -- it is strong -- a tiny bit goes a long long way.
Yes, you can have your supplements 2 1/2 hours apart. But, you must have all of them. That's 6 each day for the full fast this is very important and have the first one within the first hour of your day.
I'll be watching for you
:D jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby Loribug » January 28th, 2006, 7:42 pm

your doing great

i do believe that the liquid coffee mates are mainly sugar though, check the label. 8)
Loribug
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Return to Weight Loss