Spent 9 days in hospital! Missed you all!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Spent 9 days in hospital! Missed you all!

Postby elle4nelly » March 4th, 2004, 11:52 am

Hi guys!!!!!!

So glad to be back!!!!!! I missed you guys crazy!!!!!!!!!

I was admited in the Emergency Room on Feb 25 around noon and just got released today!!!!!!!!! It was soooo scary...I had sudden chest pain under the left breast that went through to the upper left back. By morning on wednesday...I couldn't breathe...
Anyway...after a couple of hours in Emergency...they announced this crazy news to me!! They say I had Pulmonary Embulism??????
I couldn't believe it!!!!!!! blood clot ...one in each lungs!!!! Well...they admitted me in...I must have gone through every machine known to mankind and every test...I had a heart monitor on for 5 days and a blood thinner Thru an IV machine for 8 days ( I got soo sick of beeing tied up to that darn life saving thing I gave it a name out of boredom. I called it George and told all the nurses and doctors that he was my new man!!) They would get a kick out of that one! Anyway...I am really scared, because I never want to go through this again!! They did extensive tests and the good news is ..in my case it doesn't seem like it's genetic at all and It doesn't seem like I have a tendency for them. I am still left with unanswered questions...Like...Why did I get them? So now , I am scarred and paranoid!!! On top of that ..I have to be on blood thinners for 6 months and do blood work every monday for 2 months!!!! :cry: :cry:
BUT....My hospital doctor who will be following me told me that Medifast is a good diet. The only thing is I need not change diet if I can because every dietary change will lead to a medication dose adjustment!!! I feel like I just got handed a 6 months life sentence with possibility of parole and I intend to make Parole!!! So that's Where I have been...
What a Life!
I did miss you guys and kept thinking...How I couldn't wait to get back to this forum! I will start Medifast Friday...I hope I didn't gain anything in the hospital...I had no choice but survive on little bites ot that hospital food... I ate so little of it but I barely moved around ....
Well...I am glad to be back!
I hope all of you were shaking while I stepped away...'cause this train is still en route to Thinville USA!!

All my love to you guys,

Nelly
Final Restart on Dec 18th
elle4nelly
Preferred member

Postby TamiL » March 4th, 2004, 12:02 pm

Nelly
SOOOOO GOOD TO HAVE YOU BACK!! boy..you have been through alot!! any hospital stay is TOUGH..and every day is LONG that your not home!! Im only an EMT...and dont know the Medical facts about the Embolism you experienced...but anything that has to do with your heart or lungs/big organs...is enough to scare the life out of ya!! while I was reading your post I was thinking...its a good THING THIS DOCTOR agreed that MEDIFAST was good for you!!! :-P it that Doc was anything like the last one....the whole hospital floor would have been SORRY!! lol!! well..the important thing is that you take good care of your health. our health is all that we have...we take it for granted. I see people in my job every day who one minute were "healthy" and the next they were having seizures or heart attacks....when life throws you Lemons...you make Lemonade!! just keep going...follow your Doctors orders and know that our thoughts are with you....your a TOUGH COOKIE girl...you can pull thru anything!!

we missed you!! get yourself shakin..and back on track...youll be feeling better in no time!!

Glad to have ya back!!
;)
Tami
ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU BELEIVE!!!

Medifast RESTART 13 March 09
150/my goal weight is 130
TamiL
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Starloser63 » March 4th, 2004, 12:48 pm

Glad your on the road to recovery. Glad your doc likes medifast! I'll say a prayer for your health and a speedy recovery. Get back to shaking and follow the docs orders. Take care and keep posting. We're still here for ya

Hugs For You,
Through Christ all things all possible.
Susan F
246/216/150
3/23/04 2nd x
First Goal 199
Starloser63
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Guest » March 5th, 2004, 12:25 pm

:D

hey friends!

I started back today! no problem so far! It is totally strange but you miss this stuff when you go off of it??
Thank you for you prayers and encouragements! You guys rock!

Let's keep on shaking!!!
:D

Tami? You really do rock!

Postby shineface » March 5th, 2004, 6:40 pm

Nelly Sweetie!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG I thought you were taking a break or something --- what a lucky break you got yourself to the hospital to take care of this ---- it is so serious! But you sound GOOD! Thank goodness you got to where you needed to be to have yourself well taken care of ...

We missed you - we want you to be well and never leave us like that again!!

I am so glad you met Doc Medifast and he gave you encouragement for the program ---- the other one is just a nasty memory at this point!!!!!

You are an important part of this forum!!!

WE WILL do this together ---- :stroll:
Pam -"I AM the ME in MEdifast"
Start = 1/24/04 70 down 60 up
5/1/05=279.6
You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf. - Unknown
shineface
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby susan » March 7th, 2004, 4:26 pm

Nelly, so sorry about you being sick glad you are doing much beter you are in my prayers. Susan
I am not a quiter I will hang in there tillI get to goal with the good lords help
susan
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby elle4nelly » March 8th, 2004, 10:22 am

Thank you so much!

Couldn't do it without so much encouragements. You guys are so great!

Nelly
elle4nelly
Preferred member

New to the posts

Postby donnajean » March 8th, 2004, 5:34 pm

Hi
I am new there, but I would still like to say that I am so glad you are going to be okay.
I have been reading everyones posts trying to get to know all,Some of the posts are so heart felt. I'm glad I have joined. I will keep you in my prayers.
God Bless
With God all things are possible :)
donnajean

Postby elle4nelly » March 8th, 2004, 7:25 pm

Thank you DonnaJean and welcome! You've come to the right place! Feel free to post anything ...we love reading and posting!

:lol:
elle4nelly
Preferred member

Postby TamiL » March 8th, 2004, 8:09 pm

Hi Donna Jean and welcome to the forum...this is a place I come OFTEN. its great for support, to ask questions..or just to write about your day!! I could not do this program without the support of everyone here!! if only everyone out there struggling with weight KNEW what they were misssing!!

NELLY GIRL..its SO GREAT TO HAVE YOU BACK!!!!
:-P

Im soooo busy with EMT-I school..that is just wearing me out..so if im posting a bit less..dont worry for me..Im doing GREAT..just very very busy for the next 7 weeks of school/class and lots of overtime at work!! tommorrow will be 5 weeks on Medifast for me...AUnt flo is visiting right now..so I will not weigh this week..but next week im curious to see what my loss has been so far!! Ill let you all know!!
keep shakin my forum family!!! :)

Tami
ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU BELEIVE!!!

Medifast RESTART 13 March 09
150/my goal weight is 130
TamiL
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » March 8th, 2004, 11:53 pm

Always room on the train for you elle....
Glad you're up and at em...
We missed you.
Unca
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Return to The Weight Room