I have to go to the hospital for tests this Wednesday 9/28

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

I have to go to the hospital for tests this Wednesday 9/28

Postby mama2benandrachel » September 24th, 2005, 7:05 pm

I have to go in for a colonoscopy this Wednesday :cry: This Tuesday, I have to prep for it, which means only clear liquids. I can have bullion, coffee, tea, diet pop, water, juice, popcicles and jello. I'm thinking that I will have just water, tea, and sugar free jello.

My question is this: will this blow my ketosis? After the test Wednesday morning, I can go back to MF.
Take care and God Bless,
Judy <><

1st MF start: 9/9/2005
1st restart: 10/16/2006
2nd restart: 9/9/2007

mama2benandrachel
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby dlr2424 » September 25th, 2005, 8:00 am

mama..........I wish I could tell you but i'm sure someone will be on shortly to advise you..........but my prayers are with you for your tests

Donna...dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Nancy » September 25th, 2005, 9:11 am

mama ~

I doubt very much it will blow it for you at all because the caloric level will be low but you may feel rather puny for that day and a day or two thereafter as you reintroduce your good-for-you protein...have bouillon - several cups throughout the day (it's not gonna hurt you one bit and the worst that could happen is you may retain a bit of water but with the "Go Lightly" and Go Very Often drink they give you and the enemas, any excess water will be released rather rapidly, I presume!) and there are sugar-free popsicles available at many stores. You could drink warm or hot sugar-free Jell-O, too (It's very good).

I need to have :x THAT test, too...I keep avoiding it even though I promised Jan and Oregon Rose Nancy that I would make an appointment and Nike it (just do it!) Somehow having a TV camera introduced into my lower channel is not something that appeals to Leopard Woman - she likes only to do glamorous things and to be glamorous...but she does know that having polyps or other skanky things in there is not very glamorous either.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby martha » September 25th, 2005, 9:59 pm

MAMA--

Good luck with your tests..I have these every year(except last year) as my dad died of colon cancer..they are not to bad at all. The worst is the laxatives(sorry) they make you do :shock: it's an easy test though.. I will be thinking of you and praying for you ... You will be fine as God is with you.. Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Good Luck

Postby Toxsiq » September 26th, 2005, 12:19 am

Good luck with your test. I hope everything goes really well and the results are favorable.

xoxo Tox
319/314/145

"The control of our being is not unlike the combination to a safe, each advance and retreat is a step toward ones final goal." -Bruce Lee
Toxsiq

Postby Lisa Renee » September 26th, 2005, 12:34 am

I think Nancy is right about feeling puny. I have also had this test and remember the fun prep :x My prayers are with you, relax and it will be over with before you know it!

Don't forget to relax ;)
Lisa Renee
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to Come on in.