General Hospital Downsizes

Meet Terry and Nancy.

General Hospital Downsizes

Postby Nancy » December 4th, 2007, 11:21 pm

Hulloo there, MMT People ~

Did you see Genie Francis on Inside Edition tonight? :huh:

Yup, she’s Laura on the popular daytime soap, General Hospital. In addition to being an Emmy Award winner for Outstanding Supporting Actress, she’s struggled with her weight, too. :shock:

We met Genie and her husband Jonathan Frakes from Star Trek the Next Generation last summer at the TSFL Convention in Keystone, Co.

We enjoyed her candor and appreciated her TSFL endorsement as she talked about how great she feels about her weight loss. She’s reached her goal by losing 30 pounds. :yay:

Genie will also appear in this week’s edition of “People” Magazine in the “Celebrity Bodywatch” section, due to hit news stands Thursday, December 6th!

If Laura can do it, we can, too!
:cheermed:
Last edited by Nancy on December 17th, 2007, 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby bikipatra » December 5th, 2007, 4:11 am

That's great. I don't watch it now, but have watched General Hospital off and on since I was 4. I have always been a fan of hers. My mother used to record it for us so we could watch it after school.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Nancy » December 8th, 2007, 12:56 am

Genie looks great and she feels so energized.

She is a lovely person, very warm and genuine.

I just read the article in the December 2007 People Magazine.

Her comments: "By keeping food monotonous, you stop relying on it for anything other than sustenance."

I found that to be true for me, too. It especially helped me when I started on the program to eat the same things day after day - Medifast helped me to realize that food is merely fuel; it is not my loving companion or friend. It gives me the energy I need to keep on keeping on and to do the things I love to do.

Genie Francis is a beautiful spokesperson for Take Shape For Life! Her success can be our success, too.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Diana » December 10th, 2007, 8:50 pm

I'm in awe of anyone willing to undertake such a journey publicly. I'm truly, truly impressed with Genie!! What a humble, sincere, gracious, real life woman she seems to be!

food = fuel

You know, I think I've finally got it! I THOUGHT I had it before, but I think I'd have to admit I didn't for a good spell there. Exhibit A: Last holiday season, all I could think about was one perfect piece of fudge.

Sunday, I went to an ornament exchange -- there was the usual spread of holiday fingerfoods, and it absolutely didn't tempt me at all!! Someone asked me, "You can't eat any of this on your diet?" I replied, actually, it's a plan, not a diet; yes, if I wanted to, I could have any of it and some with very few consequences; you know, I ate before I came and I'm satisfied so none of this is tempting. (I had had a shake in the car before entering the house.)

It truly is a freeing thing to finally develop a healthy relationship with food, to realize it's a resource. I honestly think this perspective is a vital key to maintaining lifelong health and fitness.
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Return to A Message from your Hosts