Someone thought I was my SO's mother!!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Someone thought I was my SO's mother!!

Postby fedup » June 18th, 2005, 6:08 pm

Okay, I gotta say, it bothered me! We just got back from a pool party (my SO and our daughter who is biologically his but is MINE in everyway that matters....) As we were leaving a guy who's daughter was playing with ours was talking to me and he asked me if I was Kay's mother then he asked if I was my SO's mother! My SO is younger than me, but only 5 years! DO I look that much older than my years? :cry:

I know I shouldn't let it bother me, but it does. I think it's because since I've gained this weight I look older and I'm also wearing "old lady clothes" 'cause cute stuff doesn't fit. I hope that when this weight goes I can look the energetic young woman that I feel!

I also think this guy may have had a few drinks at the pool party 'cause he was having a tough time following the conversation, but still it bothered me. AND my SO does look young for his age also. He's 29 but looks 24! SO me looking older does make us look different but not THAT MUCH DIFFERENT! I'd have had to been 5 years old when I "had him" to be his mother!! :roll: I guess I just wanted some reassurance. I truly hope that I'm not stuck being "aged before my years.".... I hope the weight loss will make all the difference!
Christy 5'5" age-34
Fresh start: Sept. 15, 2005 (240/ 240/ 160)
"Time to 'release the butterfly' inside
fedup
Trusted Member

someone thought I was my SO mother

Postby mytime » June 18th, 2005, 6:23 pm

Are you kidding me ? I know we are not allowed to swear but I am struggling at this moment. Are you sure he wasn't trying to hit on you ? I mean give me a break. What you weigh how you look is not who you are. You have made an incredible life choice. You respect yourself and for that reason you need to let the drunk man deal with his need to be drunk, mind other peoples business and place his Nike straight in his intoxicated mouth. :x Now love yourself and be proud that you did not knock him on his rear end :) Fat or thin you are beautiful and desrve better. You know it, I know it and so does your SO and your son. I am sorry you were hurt by someones careless remarks. We so easily hurt each other. Keep fighting the good fight and lets put this one behind us. Mytime.
mytime
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Looking older

Postby Jan » June 18th, 2005, 7:12 pm

I'll have to share my experience with you -- it gave me a good laugh but not my husband. I was a "late in life" child so my dad is now 99 years old but my husband is only one year older than me. Last year when we were camping a lady in the next camp site (who I realy believe couldn't see too well) told me what a wonderful person I was to go camping with my "father" and my "grandfather". I laughed all the way back to the campsite and ever so ofter remind my husband. I really think some poeple have absolutely no sense when it come to anyone's age. Don't let it bother you!!
Jan
Preferred member

Postby Unca_Tim » June 18th, 2005, 7:14 pm

Don't feel bad,
I was asked for ID in a pub the other day. A few days before that, I was asked if I qualified for a seniors ticket at a sporting event...
:shock:
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby dlr2424 » June 19th, 2005, 4:19 am

let it go right over your head...........some people really have no clue and are just trying to make conversation....... :huh: ......your confidence will fully return when your thinner inner self imerges......... :mrgreen: ........ keep shakin.....your doing awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

Donna...dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Grrr!

Postby Seaside » June 19th, 2005, 6:09 am

Awwww....Poor thing! Don't feel too bad about the clearly impaired perceptions of one intoxicated guy. After all, who's the one going home with the 29-year-old, hmmmm...? :lol:

But judging from the before and after pix I've seen here, losing weight is indeed like finding the fountain of youth. So whether you need it or not, you're gonna look and feel younger as the flabbage falls.

Hey. That's a nice idea for a MediFast soap opera. "As the Flabbage Falls." :goofyjump:
Seaside
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Return to The Weight Room