Solano County Fair-- all you NorCal folks!

Give us the skinny in the losers lounge.
(Anything off topic)

Postby Janae » July 17th, 2006, 5:52 am

I finally see the photos....it looks great...and I can see Diana's touch there plus Mike's "put it all together" muscle! It reminded me of some weeks spent in just such a place myself!!!

I wish you much success!!!! You're doing a great job!
Janae
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Mike » July 17th, 2006, 7:10 am

Thanks Janae. Also, thanks Unca for placing the pics, looks great.
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Mike » July 17th, 2006, 12:52 pm

Pics are up folks.. hope you enjoy!
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike

Hi

Postby dede4wd » July 18th, 2006, 11:06 am

The pics look GREAT! You guys did so good! I hope you're having a blast! What a GREAT idea! That's neat!

DeDe
dede4wd

Postby Diana » July 18th, 2006, 11:39 pm

It's been fun -- a little slow at times, but really, very rewarding. I'm actually grateful for the pace. This weekend is supposed to be packed (Raven, Gladys Knight, some comedian I don't recognize, and then a concert thingy on Sunday.) The sign-in board is kind of an interesting phenomenon -- very, very few people actually know what Take Shape for Life/Medifast is, so there aren't many names on it! (Excellent data, though!!)

Lil'gorg, I hear ya about the heat!! I was handing out literature to use as fans. (We actually had a guy come back and order some samples because of the "fan" tactic.)

My favorite, though, were these young (20-something) ladies reading through my story, not wanting to be interrupted. I'm standing there patiently (taptaptap, barely containing a smugly bemused smile). Finally, they got to the end, made some kind of exclamation, and I proclaimed, "Thanks!" They looked at me while crickets chirped and somewhere in the distance a coyote howled...blinkblink. I smiled and said, "That's me; that's my story." Squealing and exclamation followed in the moment of realization and I had to model a bit so they could check out the various perspectives. It was a riot. They both listed a whole bunch of family members they thought would benefit from the program, signed up for the drawings and took lots of information. Kinda fun.

Dayna and I talked about getting tattoos today...for about 2 seconds. We did manage to buy our share of jewelry today, though. Mike's been an absolute trooper (even sent me home early last night). Tony, Sharon and another friend Ana have been great help, as well. And the vendor manager thinks we're all just wonderful.

Dayna made what will probably be her last trip to Avenue (one of our favorite stores). She dropped me off at the fair, then ran to the store in pursuit of a cooler blouse, then returned in a whole different outfit!. She got some Size 14 pants and they're a bit baggy!! Size 14 is the smallest Avenue carries. (Aah, poor sister, will have to shop in Thin Shops...no more Omar the Tent Maker estabilshments!) New realization: She's less than half the numerical size she used to be! (Insert Rocky theme song.)

Anywho, we "carnies" are a bit tired and are off to bed. (I can't wait for the new video to come out...I can almost recite the current one.)
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby Mike » July 23rd, 2006, 4:19 pm

Well, its been pretty slow the past few days with this "stupid heat" as people are saying. 110 yesterday, 111 today so far. All in all its been productive though. I signed up two people in the past three days and we will have our drawing tonight. After that, we will see how things ended up.
As for now, people are just trying to survive the heat. I am surprised that there are actually people here. I know I wouldn't come to a fair in this heat. :mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

Mike

Postby SharonR » July 23rd, 2006, 5:41 pm

I honestly don't know how you guys have done it, withstanding the heat...ughh...

More power to ya and you should keep all the leads to yourself! lol You deserve it!
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

Start Weight 326.7 ~ My short term goal will put me at 250!

Started June 19th 2008. First Mini Goal 76.7 pounds.
SharonR
Preferred member

Postby Mike » July 24th, 2006, 12:43 am

We just might.. j/k.
We already went through our list and will be setting up tastings and stuff. Hopefully will get more folks interested in a healthy and longer life.
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

Mike

Postby Mike » July 10th, 2007, 8:12 pm

Its that time again.

Come on by!

The Solano County Fair dates are Wednesday, July 11 through Sunday, July 15, from 11:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. It's at the fairgrounds in Vallejo, across the street from Six Flags/Marine World where Hwy 37 meets I-80. You can check out entrance fees and parking fees at www dot scfair dot com, then click on the green button on the left that says "2007 Fair."

Mike and I will have a booth in the main exhibit hall next to the men's room. Please come by and sign the "Taking Shape" board. If you get hungry or tempted, I'll have plenty of RTDs on hand! (I'm not giving them out as samples for the casual passerby, but if you want/need one, I've got your back!)

We hope to see some of you local/Norcal folks this year. Tell all of your friends. ;)
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

Mike

Postby Serendipity » July 11th, 2007, 3:57 am

No excuse, Mike. You can drink all of your water since you'll be strategically placed near the mens room. :mrgreen:
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby Mike » July 11th, 2007, 6:44 pm

I always drink my water Jo. :roll:

We are meeting some folks today, but its been slow going (mid week usually is).
:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

Mike

Postby Mike » July 15th, 2007, 12:00 pm

Well, this has far exceeded the response from last year. We have so many people interested in this program this year. Partially due to the greast advertisement of having us with good weight loss which shows that the program works. Also, more people have heard of Medifast now and are interested. We actually helped someone get started yesterday.
We really do love helping others with this, and we feel so much better doing this.
:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

Mike

Previous

Return to What's Shakin'