Sojourner

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby Sojourner » April 16th, 2007, 6:02 pm

Jonna, Tawanda, Lizabette, Bki, Jo, holberry, and Donica...thank you all so much for your well wishes. They worked! Well, that and an ASS-ton of narcotics, massage, acupuncture, myofascial release, and traction on my inversion table. Yeah, so that was my spring break. :cry: What a WUSS!!!

I'm about 80% better, and made it through my light schedule just fine today. Tomorrow will be the real test, as my last class isn't over until 7pm. I have a 2-hr break inbetween classes and may just go to my niece's apt to recline for a bit. We'll see...

DonicaB wrote:I'll be praying that you are up and adam in no time.

Donica ~ who the hell is adam and what does he have to do with my back?? LOL
See how funny you are? You made me laugh through my pain! No tomatoes here. :goofy:

Jo ~ Sojo Renee made me giggle, too! Though it was a pithy giggle, unlike most of my comments...this one being a case in point...shall I go on??? 'Cause I can...... ;)

But seriously, folks --> Gracias!!
~*~*~*Sojourner*~*~*~

Shake it gone, babeee!!!
Sojourner
Preferred member

Postby bikipatra » April 17th, 2007, 4:29 am

I am so glad your back is better and hope it continues to heal and gets to 100%! Your treatments sound so complicated and make me so grateful that I just have to go to physical therapy for my back and most of my pain is gone.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Tawanda » April 17th, 2007, 5:33 am

Sojo, it sounds like you've been through the wringer lately but so glad to read that you are feeling better. Hope improvement keeps happening!
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby holberry » April 17th, 2007, 9:45 am

ya know, I was thinking the same thing, who is adam???
Sorry your spring break was spent fixing your back. I had a xmas break like that once., laid on the couch except to make the dinner. eshhh :(
take care
hb
holberry
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby SuzyQ66 » April 17th, 2007, 11:07 am

I am so glad you are getting back on your feet. You poor thing - not a good way to spend spring break. But you seem to have the right attitude. Congrats!!
Sue
SuzyQ66
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby DonicaB » April 17th, 2007, 11:48 am

SOJO~ I'm so glad you are almost back to normal. I would be really happy if you were 100% normal. Then again, is that possible????? :idontknow:

Just kidding! I'm sorry you had to spend your break in pain. Hopefully your summer will be much better. Are you taking summer classes?

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby Tawanda » April 24th, 2007, 10:28 am

Sojo, how are you feeling? Missing you!
Tawanda

Postby Serendipity » April 30th, 2007, 7:22 pm

Sojo Renee.......how's it going?
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby Tawanda » April 30th, 2007, 7:37 pm

I PM'd her and received a response that she is getting close to end term so papers & studying is keeping her busy. I do hope she sees your note and gets a chance to reply---but I thought I'd pop in with what I know, just in case she doesn't see it. I miss her, too.
Tawanda

Postby Mike » May 1st, 2007, 8:19 am

We all miss that spunky humor too.... ;)
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Sojourner » May 4th, 2007, 6:40 pm

:goteam:

Y'all are AWESOME!

:wavie: I'm still here...just so very busy.
Thanks Tawanda for covering for me!!
I've decided to take tonight off from schoolwork and just veg.
Going to the coffee house with my pals to listen to some music and just hangout.
You know, like a typical college student, lol. :thumbup:

I tried to keep up with reading posts, but it was just too time consuming. I'm so sorry that I haven't been here to encourage everyone and do the rah-rah thing, or to welcome all the new folks. So, if you're new: hello and welcome! If you've had a great NSV or joined a new club or whatever, please know that I am sincerely happy for you and PROUD of you!!! Consider it a blanket woo-hoo!! Kind of pathetic, I know...but it's something!
:cleader:

I'll be back more often after the next couple of weeks...it's total crunch time right now.
Lots of writing to do --> reading and research and all that stuff.
Ack! :puter:

My back is pretty much back to normal--well, the usual level of pain and inflammation that I'm used to, anyway ;). I'm still babying it a bit and have stayed off the treadmill. I'm gonna' wait for it to be really solid before I venture back into that level of activity. It was SO bad this time, I don't want to chance another episode. Bleh. Thank you all so much for the well wishes (even the "normal" comment was appreciated Donica! Yeah, don't think I didn't notice it!!) :nana:

Hasta, y'all!
~*~*~*Sojourner*~*~*~

Shake it gone, babeee!!!
Sojourner
Preferred member

Postby Mike » May 4th, 2007, 8:13 pm

Sojourner wrote:Hasta, y'all!

That is just soooo you :mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Sojourner » May 8th, 2007, 12:03 pm

Moved discussion from Donica's journal so as not to hijack her space:

nickieluv wrote:...Sojo you've made me misty.

Awww. It really does get better.
Stephen and I have always gotten along really well...for the most part...for those other parts ~ yikes! He was 10 when his dad and I began dating, and when he was 14 he moved in with us. We were supposed to do the every Wed and every other weekend thing with his mom, but she suddenly moved out of state, so it was just us, 24/7. My whole life changed in just a couple of months. Plus...I had never wanted kids, remember? It was tough, but it is very much worth it in the end. He is stable, married, happy, and will hopefully give us grandkids soon!

I didn't mean for this story to reflect poorly on his mother. She was dealing with her own issues at the time and is a very good person and mom. Neither dh nor I ever had a bad word to say against her (especially to her son!) And even in those *tense* days that Stephen and I endured, she always supported my position of authority and never tried to usurp us. In fact, we all get along so well that she was invited to our wedding! We actually hang out together! I know, it's SO great. Oh yeah, and Stephen was our Best Man!

I've said it before...my life is absurdly wonderful!

Pashta, if there is any way for you and your ex to be more supportive of each other, it is the child who will benefit most. If that's not possible, modeling the right way to live is more important than all of the words in the world. Don't ever feel that there is nothing you can do about something that concerns your own child! I'm not trying to tell you how to live your life, but I do speak from experience. While I was in such a good relationship with dh's ex, several of my friends and a couple of sisters were in horrible places with theirs. The kids were always the ones that came out like battle-scarred soldiers. It doesn't have to be that way. At all.
~*~*~*Sojourner*~*~*~

Shake it gone, babeee!!!
Sojourner
Preferred member

Postby nickieluv » May 8th, 2007, 12:21 pm

Thanks, Sojo. I'll hold out hope. The thing is, I feel like I'm the only one who has any rules around here. My stepson's mom lets him do whatever whenever, and when my husband tries to put his foot down about something he's not supported on her end - so he's practically given up. I never took a heavy hand but now that I have a very young child in the house there are things I will not allow him to do or watch on television while she is awake (we have a very small house so I can't just have her in another room). She goes to bed at 7:30 and he stays up until after midnight when he's over on weekends so I don't see it as a big deal. But I'm not 16. :roll: End of pity-me speech. I just hope he doesn't sell himself short in life. He can do so much more, he's not living up to his potential, and I don't want to see him take the lazy way out. I just keep setting the example I feel is appropriate and he'll glean from it what he wants I suppose. Thanks for hosting this little side-topic.
nickieluv
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby FrankieJ » May 8th, 2007, 12:58 pm

Hey Sojourner,

I enjoyed reading about your family! I was a newlywed :D w/no kids of my own when me and my hubby "inherited" his 2 daughters who had lived with their mom.

It all happened so fast :shock: and now we live across the country with them so we don't get that little break on the every other weekends, etc. and I do miss it!

They are great girls, 12 and 16, and have been w/us about 5 years. "Instant Family" does really change your life! Sounds like your family has handled it great, which is (sadly) not the norm. Consider yourself blessed.

FrankieJ
Re-Re-Start Date: 7-9-07; 5'2", 183
Mini Goal: 4 wks of compliance & 165 by 8/6/07
Mini Goal: 140 by 9/30/07
Mini Goal: 125 by 11/20/67, My 40th B-Day!
FrankieJ
Trusted Member

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal