slow....

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

slow....

Postby Helen » August 4th, 2008, 2:57 pm

hi everyone, i havent posted in some time. i did medifast almost a year ago and lost a good amount of weight. i have re-started with my last 40 pounds to lose. i have lost 7 pounds in the first 3 weeks. i have never lost so slow on medifast. to be honest im really having a hard time not because i have only lost 7 pounds, but for the past 2 weeks i have lost 2 pounds! i am eating all my meals and having a lean and green. drinking all my water. im following this to the tee. dont understand whats going on, 2 pounds in 2 weeks is slow. i just ordered another months supply...help my fellow medifasters!

ps
i really do love medifast. its the only program that has ever really worked for me
Helen
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby nickieluv » August 4th, 2008, 3:53 pm

Well, the only thing I can think of is you lose slower when you are closer to your goal weight. Maybe some who have had just a bit to lose can give their input on this issue. I myself had over 100# to lose both last time and now on my restart, and the only reason things went slowly for me ever was because I wasn't following the program the right way.

If you just keep sticking with it, as you know, the weight will come off. Try not to get impatient because you will be at your goal as long as you keep making the right choices. You know from experience that it's impossible not to lose the weight with Medifast if you are working the program. Good luck and we are all here for support when you need us!
nickieluv
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Mike » August 4th, 2008, 4:03 pm

You lost faster back when you were bigger... that is typically what happens. Usually it takes longer to lose the last pounds because your body wants to keep it, and you simply don't have the stores that you're body once did. Remember, your body is in charge of when it will let go. Sometimes its right away and quickly, other times its slower.
You are still losing, and that is wonderful. 9 lbs in 3 weeks is right in that 2-5 lbs a week average, and women do tend to lose a little slower than men, on average.

;)
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Diana » August 9th, 2008, 10:21 pm

2 lbs a week is the average. . . and 4 times faster than what Weight Watchers wants you to shoot for.

Hang in there, Helen. And remember that those 2 lbs a week are a much larger percentage (or maybe the same percentage??) that what you lost before on this program.

:water: -- consider taking it up to 100 oz a day. It really makes a difference for me. Kinda lubricates the system or something.
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Return to The Weight Room