slow down

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

slow down

Postby medimama » September 27th, 2006, 11:44 am

ok - let me begin by saying, YES I have cheated ... three times in the past three weeks! One time it was five tator tots and about 15 french fries ... a few days later it was two chicken strips at shorty smalls ... a week later it was five bite size popcorn chicken pieces - that last one was monday, two days ago! BUT I know a cheat is a cheat, but I maybe didn't realize that even bites could be devastating - so, is that the culprit behind a loss of only 7.5lbs. in three and a half weeks? Do I need to start exercising, if so - what's best? I have a stationary bike?!! Any other helpful hints/suggestions - I'd appreciate all the feedback I can get! thanks

ALSO I'm facing having to quit within the next three months (by January) due to the expense, any hints for transitioning - even if I'm only half way to goal? And what about continued weight loss off of MF? thanks
08/08/2006
242/214/140
medimama
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby ascicles » September 27th, 2006, 12:34 pm

Answer #1 - Yes, that is the cause for the less than stellar weight loss.
Answer #2 - Honestly, it doesn't sound like you're prepared to make this change in your life. In three weeks, you've cheated twice...plus, you are already planning to quit the plan.

I would suggest a different weight loss method, since this one doesn't seem to be working for you. I understand the cost is high, but if you're already planning to quit well before you hit your goal, then I wouldn't bother continuing.

Also, by cheating, you are costing yourself a ton of money. Each cheat sets you back a few days...at least. This is a cost of about 30 bucks.

I'm sure other people will be in here with words of encouragement, but that's not my scene.
Start Date: 3/6/06

390/280/185

- Manly McMuscles
ascicles
Preferred Member - #110 Club

Postby alohacate » September 27th, 2006, 12:42 pm

You've taken ownership of your cheats and have accepted accountability which is great. Yes, cheating impacts your success. There are legal "cheats" you might want to consider built into the program (i.e. pickles, sugarfree pops, etc). If you have a set deadline I would try to recommit to the plan without illegal cheats. The plan does state not to exercise during the first several weeks. I wouldn't suggest an all out exercise plan if you are going to restart. I am planning on transitioning into the "Body for Life" program when I hit my goal. Nobody can tell you what is going to work for you - EXCEPT YOU. You need to research and make a plan that you feel will work for you. YOU CAN DO THIS. Just a note I have lost 48 pounds in less than three months.
Height: 5'10 Age: 38 Start Date:6/24/06
51 pounds gone forever -I'm bringing sexy back
alohacate
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Amber » September 27th, 2006, 12:51 pm

Honestly, it doesn't sound like you're prepared to make this change in your life.

Medimama, I've got to agree with Manly on this one.
Don't castigate yourself, it' seems as if it's just not time for you to do this program. Move forward but in a different direction. No shame in that...
Find a program to which you can commit and then commit yourself wholeheartedly!
Best wishes-
Amber

Goal Met November 1, 2006
#44, 23 weeks
Amber
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby GucciGoo » September 27th, 2006, 1:06 pm

I agree with the others. You are not ready for this right now.

Also, the Quick Start guide covers your question about exercise. You should really have read the whole book before starting.
BETH formerly known as Dark & Stormy
GucciGoo
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby medimama » September 27th, 2006, 3:04 pm

WOW! What a complete waste of time it was for me to turn to people who I thought could be an encouragement! I'm totally disappointed. OK, so I didn't think that a few bites of stuff could affect me so much - I can see now that it does, and you've all confirmed that to me. It's not as though I planned to cheat, but when I have three other people to feed - well, lately I've had struggles! To say I'm not ready is hurtful, my first four weeks I cheated one time ... I've never done a weight loss plan without cheating within the first day or two - I WAS proud of that, now I guess I'm not. :cry: If you must know, I do not plan to quit ... but I have a husband who sees how incredibly expensive MF is and he would prefer for me to stop in January ... perhaps you who judge that are quite wealthy? We're not! I did read the entire book - but I didn't think seven and a half weeks in I'd have to push the exercise ... jiminy, I was just trying to get a little advice from people who had maybe experienced this. I'm so disappointed, I don't even know what more to say.
08/08/2006
242/214/140
medimama

Postby kmr » September 27th, 2006, 3:04 pm

ascicles wrote:Answer #1 - Yes, that is the cause for the less than stellar weight loss.

I would suggest a different weight loss method, since this one doesn't seem to be working for you. I understand the cost is high, but if you're already planning to quit well before you hit your goal, then I wouldn't bother continuing.

Also, by cheating, you are costing yourself a ton of money. Each cheat sets you back a few days...at least. This is a cost of about 30 bucks.

Ditto
Last edited by kmr on September 27th, 2006, 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kmr
Preferred member

Postby medimama » September 27th, 2006, 3:07 pm

btw - to the few "nicer" comments and politeness, thanks
08/08/2006
242/214/140
medimama

Postby alohacate » September 27th, 2006, 3:12 pm

jiminy, I was just trying to get a little advice from people who had maybe experienced this. I'm so disappointed, I don't even know what more to say.

Slow your roll, I said YOU CAN DO THIS! You are on the right track - you took ownership of your "slip" now get back to shakin. If you have three months you too could lose up to 48lbs, just like I did. I've had my share of soy crisp misadventures, pickle puck ups and such ("legal cheats"). I have yet to officially "cheat" on this plan. I hear what your saying about the expense - so no more cheating! If you cheat you are going to mess up the ketosis therefore you will wast money (i.e. products) getting back into ketosis. We can all throw our words at you, yet you alone can make the change. I am happy to hear you are not giving up!! You can do this WE CAN DO THIS TOGETHER.
Height: 5'10 Age: 38 Start Date:6/24/06
51 pounds gone forever -I'm bringing sexy back
alohacate
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Amber » September 27th, 2006, 3:27 pm

Medimama,
I am truly sorry if I hurt you in any way. That was not my intent!
My comments have nothing to do with financial circumstances, I assure you. This plan ain't cheap, I realize.
My comments were not geared toward your "cheating". I, too, "cheat" one way or another. Cheating is not part of this picture as far as I'm concerned.
In my opinion, to succeed at Medifast, one has to totally commit oneself for as long as it takes. This is only my opinion, how it works for me. It sounded, to me, as if you were unable to commit for as long as it might take; that is why I suggested moving forward in a different direction.
Medimama, you should be proud of yourself. You're a member of the #20 club! That's an accomplishment, good job!
Again,please, accept my apologies. I meant no harm, only to suggest that your efforts might be better expended in a different direction-
Amber

Goal Met November 1, 2006
#44, 23 weeks
Amber
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby JeepGirl » September 27th, 2006, 4:06 pm

Sweetie, I am sure no one who commented meant any offense(well besides Manly but he offends everyone so dont take it personally)

The comments as I see them simply state that Yes You admit to cheating and Yes any sort of cheating is the cause for minimal or no weight loss. In order to make MF successful you have to put 100% into it.

It seems the $$ is a big part of it even though I dont see where anyones comments stated that MF was for the Rich Folk. IMHO if you are 100% wanting to make MF work for you I would take the next 3 months and save enough for the following 2-3 months..and repeat each time. Look at it as an investment in your Future!!
My hubby (at first) questioned the cost but in the long run it doesnt amount up to anymore than normal because you are not feeding yourself the junk as in the past..nor eating out as much. I as well have a family to feed but I know I cant have a Fry here, a nugget there, or a cupcake at times...if I truely want this to work for me.

As far as the exercise..(and yes I read the QSG) I have been using my treadmill every other day. I believe any exercise is good as long as you start slowly and do not overdo it!

I do not agree with this..Honestly, it doesn't sound like you're prepared to make this change in your life. as I do not think you do not seem unwilling to make a change. However you need to understand that cheats are just that Cheats and as in any form of cheating you are only hurting yourself.

To be honest if someone had posted that I was "unprepared or not ready for this life change" during the past few weeks when I was struggling I would have taken offense as well. However I know in my heart that I can and will succeed at this as will you!
Last edited by JeepGirl on September 27th, 2006, 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JeepGirl
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby medimama » September 27th, 2006, 4:10 pm

well, the nicer comments exceed the not-so-nice ones now - so, it's only right for me to apologize! I was just truly in shock at the response. I, that's "I" am willing to stick with it till I reach my goal, but I have to consider my husband (and his wishes) into that equation ... it will be a bummer, but God willing I'll find a way to stay on MF all the way! that's for the encouragement - I DO so very much appreciate that! :lol:
08/08/2006
242/214/140
medimama

Postby Allie » September 27th, 2006, 4:23 pm

I just thought that I would offer my two cents...

1) I am glad that you are on the progra mand that you recognize that the cheats were detrimental to your success. It shows that you really do want to succeed.

2) As for the cost, I am not wealthy either, in fact I am a full time student that works full time to make ends meet. I justify the expense because I was sepnding more than $10 a day on crap food, and that is roughly the ammount of five supplements/day. I also feel better and have more energy, and I think that my well being is more important than saving a few dollars in the long run. It is truly up to you, but maybe when it gets closer to january, your husband will see what fabulous progress you have made, and allow you to stay on. Or maybe you can try to save money in other ways.

I hope you continue on, and even if you have to end early, lets make the most of the time you DO have on the program.

Allie
If you always do what you have always done, you will always be where you have always been.
Allie
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby ascicles » September 27th, 2006, 4:45 pm

JeepGirl wrote:Sweetie, I am sure no one who commented meant any offense(well besides Manly but he offends everyone so dont take it personally)

Yeah, my post was meant to offend...but I had a lot of truth sprinkled in.
Start Date: 3/6/06

390/280/185

- Manly McMuscles
ascicles

Postby medimama » September 27th, 2006, 5:08 pm

"manly" why would you say that, is that just your personality! I've had some time to reflect, I must be hormonal or something ... I've had a hard day today for some reason ... I've never had such a hard time, I've never felt hungry before today! So, maybe that triggered my harsh response or something, but really - I know you did speak truth, but did you seriously want to offend me? come on now! :-P You've sure lost a lot, how long have you been doing it? So, have you never ever cheated - that's truly amazing! My will power this time around has been 99% better than my first time with MF (two and a half years ago) or any other weight loss I've ever tried - I need to just stay positive and focus on the positive! thanks for all the advice about budget too, the only reason I mentioned the cost was I didn't want y'all thinking I just wanted to quit - it's a legitimate concern ... but where there's a will there's a way! thanks again all, except MAYBE manly?! :lol:
08/08/2006
242/214/140
medimama

Next

Return to The Weight Room