Does it ever slow down???

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Does it ever slow down???

Postby Simmshe » July 23rd, 2004, 10:40 am

Whew, talking about bathroom runs! I just had to ask about whether going to the bathroom (peeing, for lack of a better, less technical word) lets up the longer a person is on MF. I have read many back posts, but don't remember reading about whether this ever lets up.

It seems like one day, I won't have to go as much, and then another day, like today, I'm running to the bathroom every 30 minutes, like I was during the first 3-4 days, even though I'm still consuming the same amount of water every day (80-104 oz is my norm).

Just wanted to know--definitely not complaining because I know my body is just doing it needs to do.

Whoops ... gotta run!

Sheryl
Restart: 5/01/05
333/280/155

Original start: 7/13/04-12/12/04
High weight (1997): 386lbs

Success depends upon previous preparation, and without such preparation there is sure to be failure--Confucius
Simmshe
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Carrie » July 23rd, 2004, 10:57 am

Sheryl,
It seems to me like it does slow down - but honestly I'm not really sure if it has ACUTALLY slowed down or if I've just gotten so used to going so often that I don't notice it as much.

What hasn't changed is that now - when I gotta go, I gotta go, there's no finishing up what I'm working on, I'm usually in a big hurry to get there. It reminds me of one time at my cousins house - they had a toddler at the time and were dead in the middle of potty-training. I was walking out the back door when Chad, the toddlers father, came tearing up the lawn, toddler in his arms, both of them almost in a panic, I jumped out of the way, Chad yelled, 'Potty emergency', never slowing in their mad dash for the potty. That kinda sounds like me now, cept nobody's carrying me. <g>
Now: 2/5/07: 233.6/220.0/145
1st time: 3/1/04, from 266.5 to 195.4
Carrie
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Jeanette » July 23rd, 2004, 10:58 am

Nope.....what goes in...must come out.....;)
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Carrie » July 23rd, 2004, 11:08 am

Of course Jeanette's right, but honestly it really does not seem as bad since those first few weeks of feeling like I was ALWAYS either enroute TO or FROM the w.c.
Now: 2/5/07: 233.6/220.0/145
1st time: 3/1/04, from 266.5 to 195.4
Carrie

Postby explorthis » July 23rd, 2004, 11:31 am

No, it does not let up. When and if you are not weeing 20 times a day, you are NOT taking in the required amount of water. Especially with just Medifast, and perhaps a l/g meal. Additionally, if your modified or lean green has excess amounts of sodium in it, you will wee less. How do I know? Today is a wee day. More than you want to know? Mon, Tue, and Wed I had a large salad for dinner. Morton, the salt guys, makes a “hot salt” and when I say hot, lets say its like sprinkling one of those atomic fireballs you had as a kid all over your food. I use this stuff till I cry, because it is so good. (No preaching about sodium) Wed. night was the last time I had any, and today is water – let – go – day.

7 months of maintenance, I know what is going on with my body, not to mention I keep a RELIGIUOS journal of everything that enters my mouth. The people in the offices I have to pass by on my way to the lu have chuckled numerous times. Before 9:00 this morning I had walked by f-i-v-e times.

It does not let up. Is it worth it? Yes.

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Sylvia » July 23rd, 2004, 11:36 am

I don't Know, I think I'd have to agree with Carrie. I think it has improved. I drink a lot of water - around 140 ounces a day. I've always had more than 64 oz - even before MF. Maybe it's because I live in Houston and it's July - extremely hot and humid - but I'm either used to it or I'm not going nearly as much.
Sylvia

Postby Simmshe » July 23rd, 2004, 12:23 pm

Thanks for the input everyone :).

As for my water input, I'm definitely meeting, and surpassing, the 64 oz requirement. On average, 104 oz. is what I have. Additionally, I also usually drink 1-3 diet beverages everyday (crystal lite, diet rite, or diet ice tea). Luckily, like you Sylvia, I have been a big water drinker before MF--I picked up the habit when I started exercising six years ago. When I start exercising again (although I'm seriously scaling down my cardio and focusing primarily on strenght training, toning, and stretching), I will probably average a gallon of water a day.

Oh, and no meals for me--only shakes and one soup a day (usually chili or cream of brocoli soup, extended with bouillon and a pack of MF crackers; will add bars when I start exercising again for after workouts) and a pickle or two occasionally. The urgency, as you described Carrie, definitely varies with me--today I'm literally running to the bathroom, almost knocking people down, every 30 minutes! For the past couple of days the urgency was less, and I was going every hour-hour and a half.

But as you said Mike, it is without a doubt worth it! Even if I had to wear Depend's undergarments or the like, I would't trade this MF experience for anything :)!

Sheryl
Restart: 5/01/05
333/280/155

Original start: 7/13/04-12/12/04
High weight (1997): 386lbs

Success depends upon previous preparation, and without such preparation there is sure to be failure--Confucius
Simmshe
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Return to Weight Loss