Sleep...

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Sleep...

Postby MusicalMomma » March 7th, 2006, 6:22 am

OK, I've read how important it is to get adequate sleep. Medifast makes a point of telling us to get adequate sleep.

I never realized HOW important sleep is to our weightloss efforts until this weekend! I had TERRIBLE struggles this weekend (my health advisor and Falisamarie can testify to that)! It was CRAZY busy and I was already opperating on severe sleep deprivation. I crashed last night at 8:30pm, woke up at 5:45am and felt SO much better!

Let me tell you, being rest deprived put my cravings through the roof! I was like a crazed lunatic at times! So, the moral of this story is, if you're really REALLY struggling, TAKE A NAP!! HAHAHAHA!!!! :roflmao:
MusicalMomma
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby falisamarie » March 7th, 2006, 6:41 am

Joyce

I have not slept well the past 2 nights and I have been extremely worried about it affecting my loss for this week. I have to admit that I have been grumpier with the family too. Getting aggravated with the hubby :x and barking orders at the kiddies like I am a drill sargent or something :coach: I think I will take your advice and take a nap today :snooze:

Thanks for sharing

Lisa :heart:
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

(((HUGS)))

Postby Ginabobina1969 » March 7th, 2006, 7:02 am

Poor girly. I agree sleep is soooo important.

Exhaustion brings me down to the mental level of a child. lol I know when I quit smoking the first time...every single time I caved in and smoked was when I was just plum worn out. Sleep deprivation is your enemy when attacking any job that involves your depriving yourself of something you perceive yourself needing or wanting.

I am glad you got a good rest. I have suffered from insomnia for years...and after quitting smoking it had gotten worse, then I discovered Melatonin.. sold on the vitamin section. Turned my sleep cycles back into a thing of beauty. :D Might be worth a shot if getting to sleep is the problem..if it's just that you have been too busy. Well, then I guess it's time to delegate, lock the door and snoooooze away.;)

Feel better!
Hugs,
Gina

Previously...02/16/06 BMI-50 276/188
Restart....03/31/2008 -failed
Restart 03/26/09 280/267 Failed
Restart-Awaiting order. I cannot even bear to post my current weight...yet.
Ginabobina1969
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Return to The Weight Room