Skyline-type Chili and Pseudo Pancakes

Add your favorite recipes.

Skyline-type Chili and Pseudo Pancakes

Postby LessOfMe » July 9th, 2005, 5:04 pm

Maybe this has already been mentioned on this message board, but I have two recipes that I LOVE :heart: and want to share:

Personally, the chili was not my favorite. :nonono: But, now it is running right up at the top of my favorites list! I looked up the Skyline Chili recipe on the net and decided to tweek the MF chili as much as I could to match it. I like salsa in my chili and I've heard others mention using it, so I put a couple of tablespoons in along with one beef boullion cube and one cup of water. I also added a smidgen of cinnamon and 2 whole cloves. I let the soup simmer until the beans were soft. This was SO good! :thumbig: Now...those cloves...you may just be able to pick them out before eating, but most likely not. Be sure to "keep an eye out" for them while chewing...uh, BEFORE chewing down on one! :dohdoh:

This morning I had pancakes. I put about 1/3 c. of water into the apple cinnamon oatmeal mix, stirred it and let it sit for a couple of minutes until thick. I spooned "blobs" onto a teflon skillet that I had sprayed with Pam. As they browned on one side, I flipped them over. It didn't take long, but you do have to stand there and watch them so they don't burn. I put them on a plate, sprinkled them with Splenda and cinnamon that I had mixed together. I felt like I was at the fair eating one of those deep fried waffles....well, almost!

Give it a try! Hope you enjoy!
284 > 238 >

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance." James 1:1-3
LessOfMe
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Postby martha » July 9th, 2005, 7:11 pm

LESSOFME-

These sound really good. I will have to try the pancakes..thanks--Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Mommy2girls » July 11th, 2005, 1:27 pm

I have to add a HALLELUIA for whomever first added a little salsa to their chili and posted about it. I was not fond of the chili, but it was okay. After 2 tbsp. of my favorite salsa it is more than manageable and actually quite enjoyable. I will try the cloves thing, Karen, it sounds like it's worth the effort!

I to have tried the pancakes and sprinkled with a little Molly McButter and a tiny dab of sugar-free sryup, but usually prefer the cookies to the pancakes. I didn't try the cinnamon/splenda topping, that might do the trick!

Thanks!
Sheila
Sheila

Maintaining a –45lb loss....

Mommy2girls
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby ljm498 » July 11th, 2005, 4:39 pm

I made a pancake out of the maple brown sugar oatmeal and all I can say is YUM! Just like you I put a little splenda and cinnamon on tip and some I can't believe it's not butter spray and I was loving it. The other day I put some davinci's sf syrup on it, can't remember which flavor but that was good with it too. Thanks so much for the idea!
Lynne

Me 34
DH 41
DS 1
Dcats Pookie & Poto

Started 3/28/05
Starting Weight 214.5
Current Weight 125
Goal Weight 115-120
Total Lost 89.5 lbs!!! Wahoo!!!
ljm498
Preferred Member - 80# Club