SINCERE THOUGHTS FOR TODAY

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

SINCERE THOUGHTS FOR TODAY

Postby sweeshelby30 » August 31st, 2004, 7:19 am

:shock: I realized that today for the first time that i have no will power. It amazes me that i am so strong on the streets as a cop but MY biggest fear is food. I realize that i am so weak when it comes to food. I am trying really hard to complete this program but i swear i start off so motivated and i end up in some sort of situation surrounding food. I have a very great friend at work who is my sergeant at work and i realize that she is addicted to food and i am so weak around her. She loves to go out to eat and i loose track of my medifast. I am CRYING as I am writing this letter because all of my friends make fun of me at work with medifast so i have decided today that i will be the smiling when i am wearing a size 6 jeans!
Please keep me motivated!
Thnaks everyone!
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :x :oops: :cry:
sweeshelby30

Postby sudaoning » August 31st, 2004, 8:02 am

sweetshelby.......

i feel your pain here. i have also tended to be influenced by those around me.......placing their opinions, advice, convenience above my own.

for me.....at least in the begining....it was much easier to take as many of my meals alone as possible. i still do often. only my immediate family knows about MF. i have attended parties and been out to eat with folks since begining MF. even though i mostly stick with MF, on those occasions i tried to choose lean green alternatives. you do not need to explain your choice not to eat with others. could you try timing your MF meal to be just before the situation? or travel armed with some MF and indulge if tempted to "cheat". you will be telling the truth when you say "no thanks, i've already eaten".

stick with it girl.
no matter what.
you will be in those 6's and the others will be drooling!
Start; 7/26/04
217/172/140
45 pounds and goin down!
sudaoning
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Landylue » August 31st, 2004, 8:10 am

Wow. I hear you loud and clear. You know, plain and simple, addicts, no matter what the additiction, must give up some of their old 'friendships' sometimes to break free from their addiction. Alcoholics can't hang around their old 'drinkin' buddies', and it's dangerous for us to hang with our old 'eatin' buddies'. You might try expressing what you are feeling to your friend straight from your heart. If she's your friend, she'll understand and support your efforts. If she is just a fellow addict, she'll try to hang on and pull you down with her. It's called the 'crabbing effect'. We've talked about it before on the forum, but have you ever noticed a bunch of crabs in a bucket when one is trying to climb up the side of the bucket to escape? The others will grab hold of his legs and pull him right back down into the bucket.

Honey, when you walk into the station in your size 6 jeans, the people who are now laughing at your Medifast, will be begging you for details. Just you HANG IN THERE.

Landylue
Failure is NOT an option!
Landylue
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » August 31st, 2004, 9:14 am

Sweet,

Landylue has some great advice. Food is an enemy right now. You have to choose your battles carefully, and your sergeant friend is leading you into the direct line of fire. If she can't seem to stop doing that after you have a heart to heart, then you should tell her that you're going to have to take refuge away from those situations for a while so you can build up your resistance. Dieting is hard enough without you being led down the path of temptation by others. If she's a friend, she'll understand. If she understands the battles with food addiction, she'll understand. If she doesn't, maybe she'll learn something from you when you standing there smiling in your size 6 jeans. Then you'll really be helping her! Now that's being a true friend!

Cowboy up girl. You can do this!
Camille
Jun 1, 2004 Start Date 5' 6" 195 lbs
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
Hello Victoria's Secret! I did it! July 2005 still 125 lbs!
hawaiiwhatnot
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby SusannaRosannaDanna » August 31st, 2004, 8:10 pm

:x WHY are people at work making fun of you? Some of them probably don't have a weight problem and don't pay any attention to what they put into their bodies (and weight is the least of it--I wonder what their cholesterol is?). Isn't that great for them? Others who DO have issues with weight are making fun because seeing YOU take action strikes fear into their hearts. Bad eating habits tend to fester and grow when you have several people who use one another as an excuse to eat terrible things. If YOU break away, they get scared that their crutch is about to be knocked from beneath them, so they jeer and make fun and do whatever they can to derail you. It has nothing to do with YOU--it only has to do with THEM and their selfish need to drag you back down. It's a human thing for some...when they see you being strong and doing the right thing, they feel a pull and a resposibility to do the same, and that feeling is uncomfortable and many people have to be dragged into it kicking and screamin--this is why they fight it by making fun of you.
You are SO FAR above that...don't let them get to you. What they say and what they think about it has NO BEARING on you! This happiness, this health, this promise you've made yourself is for YOU and NO ONE else.

Susanna<---Really, really, really hates MEAN PEOPLE! LOL
Started 8/2/2004
297/234/140
Next goal: 220!

Wow. That's all I know to say.
SusannaRosannaDanna
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Nancy » August 31st, 2004, 9:19 pm

Amen!

Hang out with the balcony people, avoid those that drag you down...and to the foody events...

You DO have willpower - if you didn't have any willpower, you would have choked her... :whip:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Return to The Weight Room