Side Effects - Weight Gain?

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Side Effects - Weight Gain?

Postby Nova » April 14th, 2006, 9:30 am

I just moved to Texas, and apparently, I've very allergic to something in the air here this spring. I've never had bad allergies before, but now I can barely breath and my nose is always stuffed up. I finally went to the doc and he gave me a steroid nose spray, and may I just say - Ick!

It hasn't really helped yet, but it's only been 2 days. However, on the list of side effects, it lists bad taste (yep) and weight gain, among others. Anyone else have to deal with medicine that lists weight gain as a side effect, and does that really happen? I've only been on MF for 2 weeks, and my weight loss really plateaued this week. Could be because of lots of stuff, from what I've read. I've been faithfully following the program and drinking 64+ oz of water every day.

It's hard enough doing the MF. I don't want to deal with weight gain on top of all of that.
244/171

Would you rather eat what you want, or wear what you want?
Nova
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby falisamarie » April 14th, 2006, 12:39 pm

Right around when I first started program I had to go on an oral steroid for 10days and everyone told me it would slow the loss down or I could possibly gain. I think the possibility of weight gain comes from the fact that a steroid will increase your appetite, if that happens add another shake during the day to get you through and I think you will be fine.

BTW the week I was on the steroid I lost 7lbs so go figure!

Lisa
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Steroid

Postby gillian » April 14th, 2006, 4:24 pm

I was on one as well, and it made my throat hurt so bad. Never gained weight though!! Have fun in Tx!!!
Gillian
gillian
Preferred member

Postby Pashta » April 14th, 2006, 6:28 pm

Nasal sprays are scary IMO. I would never EVER use one, as they are addictive and don't really seem to do anything good anyway. Just my opinion from my observations of others.
- Tonia

Start: 03/20/06 (restart 3/19/07)
3 kids: 3 mos, 18 mos, 11 yrs old
Month 1: -4.4,-0.8,-4.0,-2.2 (-11.4, -7 in.)
Month 2: -1.6,-1.6,-3.4
Pashta
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Mom23 » April 14th, 2006, 6:57 pm

I have used Flonase nasal spray in the past. It didn't make me gain weight. It helped my allergies a lot too. I mostly use it in the fall or when my allergies are really kicking up. So far, (knock on wood), I don't need it.
Bobbi
RE-start date: 10/27/06 (33lbs lost; 12 gained=21 lost on MF prior to re-start)
Mom23
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Return to Weight Loss