side effects and your mate!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

side effects and your mate!

Postby hecate » February 29th, 2004, 8:21 am

Tell me if this has happened to you...

My husband came up to me yesterday, all excited, and told me that my diet is good for him too. He's lost 10 LB. since I started (2/2/04).

It's great news for him since he's diabetic but I have to tell you at first I was pretty ticked off. Boy am I jealous! :x

I have been at it now for almost a month and have only lost 15 LB. He just cuts back on dessert, nothing else, and drops those pounds without even trying. The only reason dessert is cut back is becasue he won't eat it in front of me. :!:

Now I am so discouraged. :cry:

I know one of my problems is Aunt Flo who likes to visit every 3 (not 4) weeks. So I spend 25% of my time retaining water. ;)

But I am following the plan, slightly modified. I alternate one medifast meal and one acceptable portion regular meal every other night. Otherwise I stay in the alotment for freebies, drink all my water and so on.

I've decided that 15 pounds a month is nothing to sneer about but still...

What else can I do???? :?

Michele
hecate
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby Jade » February 29th, 2004, 9:01 am

Hi Michele,
Aahhhh Hecate...goddess at the crossroads...how appropriate. :)
My husband has also lost 10 lbs. from not eating dessert in front of me and eating what I eat at night (lean and green) with an added potato or rice. I know it blows, but they just seem to be able to shed it so much easier than we do :x . As far as the water retention, I've found that if I just pound an xtra couple of glasses of water in the morning it seems to kick the kidneys into overdrive and I start letting it loose with the xtra water. I used to go to a homeopathic Dr. that gave me an alfalfa based PMS tea to drink at that time that also seemed to really help. You might want to think about that too. 15lbs a month is great ! That is 30 lbs in 2 months, which is amazing if you think about it. Keep chuggin. Jade
Jade
Trusted Member - #50 Club

Return to The Weight Room