Sheesh - I try to avoid it and temptation comes to my house!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Sheesh - I try to avoid it and temptation comes to my house!

Postby nickieluv » December 31st, 2006, 6:11 pm

I had to drive about 40 minutes one way to play a wedding this evening, and when I'm in the car what do I think about? Which fast food places are on the way that I can load up at. Now, I did not have any cash, and I didn't directly go by a SINGLE place (which was cool), and I really wouldn't have blown it. But I'm mentally hungry tonight (I don't think it's physical, because I've been doing everything right today, but my brain is messing with me) and after surviving the drive I come home to have my husband tell me he ordered himself a pizza.

I was so mad!!!! I'm STILL mad, actually. It's not here yet but we were going to bow out of a New Year's Eve party to avoid these kinds of temptations and then here he goes and plops it all right in front of my face!!!!

I'm NOT GOING TO EAT ANY. I'M NOT NOT NOT NOT going to eat any. But it's going to be a mental battle that I just did NOT want to have!! It's arrived. He says he thought he could have it eaten and put away before I got home but the place was really busy. He says he's sorry.

It's not that I don't think he has a right to eat whatever he wants. I just didn't want to have to face this tonight.

So here's the thing - I don't have any "allowed" snacks in the house. I only have my supps and Crystal Light. It's too late now to ask for advice and I'm just going to have to keep busy until 9:15, have my hot cocoa, and go to bed - but in the future, what can I do in a case like this? Anything?
nickieluv
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby bikipatra » December 31st, 2006, 6:16 pm

Drink plenty of water and Crystal Light, have an extra supplement (it's allowed in these situations), go cool off in another room or on the porch, pray, count to ten, call a friend, get on the internet and read posts on this board of support even if you have read them 100 times already. Remind yourself how much you want this deal and to move forward not backwards. You can succeed.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby nickieluv » December 31st, 2006, 6:45 pm

You know, Biki, you just kind of made a light go off for me. I just typed it all up and it's really long, so I'm going to move it over to my journal, but thanks for the awakening!
nickieluv
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby bikipatra » January 1st, 2007, 5:03 am

nickieluv wrote:You know, Biki, you just kind of made a light go off for me. I just typed it all up and it's really long, so I'm going to move it over to my journal, but thanks for the awakening!

I am so glad I could be of service! You can do this!
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Return to The Weight Room