Shakes and Meds that require food?

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Shakes and Meds that require food?

Postby SneezyKitten » January 11th, 2004, 7:28 pm

Another question......

I take meds for chronic migraines and allergies. I have just been prescribed two that require they be taken with food. One is Naprocin (Naproxen) which is notoriously bad for the stomach.

Do shakes count?

And no...I can't ask my doctor because I am under military medical care and it takes weeks to get an appointment :o( I DID consult her before beginning but forgot to ask this one!!!
SneezyKitten
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby Mena1 » January 14th, 2004, 1:04 pm

Sneezy - I have taken Naproxen for cramps and I usually do the oatmeal. I would be under the impression that oatmeal, soups even shakes would qualify--the thicker the better because from my experience that medicine is harsh on the stomach--never never on an empty stomach. I eventually switched to Cataflam but I still take that with my shakes and do ok.
Can you call the doctor's nurse?
Mena1

Postby Maggie » January 14th, 2004, 1:34 pm

Hi Mena........If it helps any, I take Ibuprophen every day for arthritis pain and have had no problems with stomach upset. I usually take it right after I have had my morning shake. I think Naproxin and Ibuprophen fall under the same medical group. Maggie
Maggie
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby ror » January 14th, 2004, 1:52 pm

My medicine yet different says to take with food. I have not been doing that and have not had any problems (expect for those pretty colors). I'm sure you will be fine if you take your meds with a shake.

"old punks don't die, they just cash in"
~Ror
ror

Postby Unca_Tim » January 14th, 2004, 2:38 pm

Yes, all the Medifast meal replacement products are classified as "food" and are fine with your meds. I'd take 1/2 a shake or meal replacement, then your meds, then the rest of your meal. You could also just take it after your full meal.
Unca
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Many Thanks!

Postby SneezyKitten » January 14th, 2004, 4:47 pm

Thanks Everyone! Just got home to find my order has hit the door step and now with this info in hand, I AM READY :o) My hope is that my headaches will lessen with weight loss and a healthier lifestyle so I never have to worry about food and meds etc etc again!
SneezyKitten
Regular Member - #10 Club

Return to Weight Loss